Stop

Advertisement
I can try to make this better for you. We are fringe top 20 coaching spot in a terrible conference.

Mario…. No. “Hey man want to coach at a terrible football school that doesn’t care about athletics?” Even if he is hired, we go 8-4,9-3. No one cares in Miami.

Mark Stoops, can be done. We won’t be flashy
But we will win 9 games a year.

Overpay a P5 coach. Maybe, but that’s a straight gamble.

Nobody wants to touch Miami. We have sucked for 15 years. The feel is “best case sugar bowl”
This is said every time we look for a new coach, but still we end up turning away coaches much better than you suggest we can land. Mario and Mullen wanted in last cycle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Greg Schiano - he can build a program and is affordable. He has history with UM.

Joe Brady- if no NFL team hires him for their HC position she should be 1A on the list. Just look at LSU offense before and after him. That says alot

KEN DORSEY - maybe not as a HC but he needs to be the OC depending on who is hired as HC. Just look at what he's done as Josh Allen QB coach in Buffalo. He gets the best out of his QBs. Turned Cam Newton to an MVP and when DORSEY left cam went down heal.

Marcus Freeman - one of the best is not the best defensive minds in college football. He's an A1 recruiter and at age 35 he can relate with today's players and understand them. Look at his resume his defenses are tough and don't break.

I rather us fold up shop then take another 15 year shellacking with scrub coaches at the helm. It’s really at that point. At the end of the day it’s either they do or don’t care.

If you dont: fold up

If you do: pony up the dough and get some1 who can win
Honestly we don't even need to 'pony up' massive amount of money.

The right guy wouldn't necessarily mean buying out a huge contract (e.g. Mario).

I maintain that there's plenty of Head Coaches in the USA salivating at the opportunity to coach at Miami - the potential here is ridiculous. You just have to pick the right one.

Greg Schiano - he can build a program and is affordable. He has history with UM.

Joe Brady- if no NFL team hires him for their HC position she should be 1A on the list. Just look at LSU offense before and after him. That says alot

KEN DORSEY - maybe not as a HC but he needs to be the OC depending on who is hired as HC. Just look at what he's done as Josh Allen QB coach in Buffalo. He gets the best out of his QBs. Turned Cam Newton to an MVP and when DORSEY left cam went down heal.

Marcus Freeman - one of the best is not the best defensive minds in college football. He's an A1 recruiter and at age 35 he can relate with today's players and understand them. Look at his resume his defenses are tough and don't break.

Zero, and I mean ZERO, ***** about a guy having any past association with Miami. What we NEED is an experienced HC - not a first time HC.

Also Newton went to **** when his shoulder and ankle injuries caught up with him. Dorsey didn't improve his mechanics one bit.

Advertisement
Let me clarify. Every ACC school thinks we are soft. Every ACC school thinks we don’t care.
This.. I think it was last year or so, a middle of the road ACC team made the comment “ punch The U in the mouth and they quit!!”

Honestly we don't even need to 'pony up' massive amount of money.

The right guy wouldn't necessarily mean buying out a huge contract (e.g. Mario).

I maintain that there's plenty of Head Coaches in the USA salivating at the opportunity to coach at Miami - the potential here is ridiculous. You just have to pick the right one.
The only coaches salivating to work here are ones that are somehow in a worse position because they suck also

Advertisement
The only coaches salivating to work here are ones that are somehow in a worse position because they suck also
Define 'in a worse position because they suck also'.

No, we're not attracting someone from Alabama / Georgia / LSU (and realistically Oregon), but someone at a second tier SEC team would be curious - albeit not always tempted.

If you think every coach outside those 10 or so sucks then I can't help you. Personally I'd be looking for an experienced HC who has succeeded at multiple smaller schools who's looking for their shot at the big time.

Define 'in a worse position because they suck also'.

No, we're not attracting someone from Alabama / Georgia / LSU (and realistically Oregon), but someone at a second tier SEC team would be curious - albeit not always tempted.

If you think every coach outside those 10 or so sucks then I can't help you. Personally I'd be looking for an experienced HC who has succeeded at multiple smaller schools who's looking for their shot at the big time.
Who you would look to hire is entirely different than saying "I maintain there are plenty of Head Coaches in the USA salivating at the opportunity to coach at Miami". That wasn't the case even when we were good, hence the candidates each time, much less now. They might answer the call, but unless their team is in even worse shape than us or they're coaching a small school people certainly aren't "salivating " to deal with this ****show. Espn making it all public about the admin might have helped us get rid of those bums but it sure as **** isn't going to help when we're trying to replace them.

I can try to make this better for you. We are fringe top 20 coaching spot in a terrible conference.

Mario…. No. “Hey man want to coach at a terrible football school that doesn’t care about athletics?” Even if he is hired, we go 8-4,9-3. No one cares in Miami.

Mark Stoops, can be done. We won’t be flashy
But we will win 9 games a year.

Overpay a P5 coach. Maybe, but that’s a straight gamble.

Nobody wants to touch Miami. We have sucked for 15 years. The feel is “best case sugar bowl”

I understand, you're moping. It's easy to mope but don't be so naive. You've been around so you know. This is absolutely a top 12-15 program RIGHT NOW. In a few years, it's a top 10 job easy. Is the conference good? It's average - so what? If anything, I think people can see that there's a great opportunity here and besides, conferences will probably change dramatically within a couple years.

We play soft because we have sh1tty coaching. Look at how different our team looks with a better/good coach.

To the posters saying why would anyone want to go to a program thats been irrelevant for the better part of 15 years..I bring you Nick Saban and him going to a Bama program that was just as dead if not deader (real word? probably not. sorry) than we are right now. People think Bama was this powerhouse program when he got there and they were a joke. Mike Shula ran that program into the ground and so did the coaches before him. Some of you need to go back and check Shulas coaching record at Bama before they hired Saban. He had 3 losing seasons out of 4 before they ran him out of town.

Same with Mack Brown when he went to Texas....the list goes on. Coaches do this all the time. Sign up for the "impossible rebuild" at programs that had storied histories. Thats how legends are made.

Ive said it once before..Mario can stay at Oregon all he wants and retire there for all I care. But if he think winning a national title at Oregon would mean just as much if not more than winning one at the U and bringing us back to national prominance from a college football perspective..then hes too far gone at this point. Its no secret, everyone in the national media wants UM back. Its better for college football and they know it. (well, everyone except lame a$$ Joel Klatt on Fox)

Advertisement
Back