Stop

I rather us fold up shop then take another 15 year shellacking with scrub coaches at the helm. It’s really at that point. At the end of the day it’s either they do or don’t care.

If you dont: fold up

If you do: pony up the dough and get some1 who can win
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Honestly, if we aren't making a homerun hire, we should ride out Manny's contract and empty the bank account with 0 buyout penalty. Go for broke. No extension. No buyout. Just whatever money the school has in a couple years DUMP into the next hire. Make sure he is Power 5 worthy.

Advertisement
Clawson at Wake Forest is on that level. Hafley at BC as well. They’re good enough to stabilize us at 9-10 regular season wins annually.

Agreed, Hugh Freeze would jump at a chance to be back at the P5.
Tom Herman would field competitive teams if he can keep his freaky self in check. I imagine he wants another chance too.
Those two coaches you just mentioned would jump at a 1 million raise to coach here if you ask me. In sports, you play to win, and as coaches, you put yourself in the best spot to do so. As bad as Miami has been you will have a chance to win big in a weak ACC conference, can't do that in Wake Forest or BC. ESPN FPI had us going 11-1, we just need a coach who will develop the talent we recruit, and continue to recruit at the level MD has or better.
We don't need a Saban to win the **** coastal. Avoid getting a first-time HC, or a temple coach and we should be straight.

Advertisement
Miami got better recruiting then most the ACC. The talent is there. The ability to coach the talent and get the mindset right of the players is on the coaching. No reason not to be winning a winning handily. Manny taking over the defense this year was the writing on the wall. If he would have gotten a proven defensive coordinator things might have went a different way. Miami can win again, but need to be committed to winning all the way through. Now we wait for the gallows in NC. Who would have thought this would be how it ended for Manny?

I can try to make this better for you. We are fringe top 20 coaching spot in a terrible conference.

Mario…. No. “Hey man want to coach at a terrible football school that doesn’t care about athletics?” Even if he is hired, we go 8-4,9-3. No one cares in Miami.

Mark Stoops, can be done. We won’t be flashy
But we will win 9 games a year.

Overpay a P5 coach. Maybe, but that’s a straight gamble.

Nobody wants to touch Miami. We have sucked for 15 years. The feel is “best case sugar bowl”
I stopped at "Stop"

Advertisement
I rather us fold up shop then take another 15 year shellacking with scrub coaches at the helm. It’s really at that point. At the end of the day it’s either they do or don’t care.

If you dont: fold up

If you do: pony up the dough and get some1 who can win

this

just fold the program if you don't care, gives me something else to do on saturdays

Advertisement
My heart's on fire. Don't move in the name of love.

Advertisement
I can try to make this better for you. We are fringe top 20 coaching spot in a terrible conference.

Mario…. No. “Hey man want to coach at a terrible football school that doesn’t care about athletics?” Even if he is hired, we go 8-4,9-3. No one cares in Miami.

Nobody wants to touch Miami. We have sucked for 15 years. The feel is “best case sugar bowl”
You have made a strong case about the hopeless state of the program. So, what's your next move? I hear UM Women's basketball season tickets are a great deal.

I hope you aren’t in the Miami ticket sales dept. If so we really need to work on your elevator pitch.

Advertisement
Back