Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Inflation is dropping. I’m hoping for a soft landing. Inflation didn’t pop up overnight and it won’t drop as quickly as we want, without causing a recession.
On the commodity side the midwest premium for aluminum has turned back up sharply. Copper has mad a large move up and i expect china demand to pickup quickly at the end of february after chinese new year port backlogs clear. If oil follows we're taking two steps back.

@Cryptical Envelopment @YUMU

VANCOUVER, BC, Jan. 19, 2023 /CNW/ - DESERT MOUNTAIN ENERGY CORP. (the "Company") (TSX.V: DME), (U.S. OTC: DMEHF), (Frankfurt: QM01) From the President of the Company. The Company is pleased to announce that on January 17, 2023, the Company held a commissioning ceremony for the McCauley Helium Processing Facility. A ribbon-cutting ceremony was performed by Robert Rohlfing, CEO and Executive Director of DME. The Company's management, directors, legal and accounting along with the McCauley Family and members of the investment community were in attendance.

All attendees at the commissioning of the McCauley Helium Processing Facility. (CNW Group/Desert Mountain Energy Corp.)
"Over twenty years of hard work and planning came to fruition as we opened the doors for attendees to walk through the first-of-its-kind helium processing facility," said Robert Rohlfing, CEO of DME. "We look forward to the start of testing this month prior to initiating the 90-day optimization program that will lead into full commercial production."

The 8 acres of solar panels have now been rolled out in addition to the onsite necessary infrastructure being near completion and the interconnects linking the modular units are being completed. All road work and over a mile of fencing are complete.

Inflation isn’t dropping much. Started 22 around 6 and ended around 5.7%. This gives Powell the room to keep hiking rates especially if inflation doesn’t keep on the downward trajectory in Q1. That was my simple point.
Compared to the 9% inflation we saw this Summer, yes. I would say that’s a pretty significant trajectory. This spring and summer will not likely see 5% inflation.

Compared to the 9% inflation we saw this Summer, yes. I would say that’s a pretty significant trajectory. This spring and summer will not likely see 5% inflation.
But we will see a big drop by EOY, so I believe a pause would help the economy to have a softer landing. The cpi had a negative month, the ppi showed an increased drop, and there is more of a concern of recession.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopes for a quick drop in inflation have supported stocks and bonds this year, but many Wall Street strategists warn that a painless end to elevated inflation will be difficult to achieve. Previous episodes of inflation suggest that it rarely falls as fast as markets are now forecasting that it will in the absence of a serious recession.

From WSJ today.

Advertisement
TSLA forward earnings is down to 20 p/e. For a growth stock that is very fair. You're talking about dropping down to single digits p/e for a high growth stock. That's crazy. This thing has to bottom soon.
Called the bottom here. Should have put money down. I think it helps that we haven't heard anything polarizing from Elon in the last month or so.

I've been generally on your side with the inflation view. Might be changing that view due to gas prices, seemingly up due to China's rapid reopening. Up 10% over last month. That is not going to result in the sort of MoM inflation numbers the fed needs to pause in the near future.

Advertisement
Called the bottom here. Should have put money down. I think it helps that we haven't heard anything polarizing from Elon in the last month or so.
Side note: I think Elon getting booed at a Dave Chapelle show was a turning point from him. Haven't heard anything from him since, and reports are that he didn't take it well.

That show was a wake-up that it wasn't just the 'woke mob' turning against him, but that the issues were a little wider than that.

I've been generally on your side with the inflation view. Might be changing that view due to gas prices, seemingly up due to China's rapid reopening. Up 10% over last month. That is not going to result in the sort of MoM inflation numbers the fed needs to pause in the near future.
Too soon to say. Gas has spiked in times of low inflation. It’s also spiked before a recession.

Is any part of it related to having to replenish the strategic reserves?

Core Was never at 9%. Core is what Powell uses to determine his rate hikes. He wants core at 2% and it is at 5.7%. Thus, we aren’t seeing a big drop off in core.

Advertisement
Back