Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

MSPR (the hurricane slush fund…j/k) is now LIFW. It’s actually been hanging in there in this turbulent market.

(And no I’m not recommending buying it. I have $100 on it mainly for maybe indirectly a trickle down into canes recruiting. Just letting people know the ticker change.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
@YUMU @Cryptical Envelopment @Bird4um and whoever else i forgot.

The final module of plant has landed and is in place. Solar is being assembled. Battery modules are delayed and will likely be sometime end of Q1 but they aren't necessary to run the plant. DME will run off CNG generators and solar during startup phase. Final assembly and startup will be finished in January then there is a 60 day ramp up/optimization phase. There will be revenue Q1 but it will be muted and likely lower/blended grades produced during optimization/ramp up. DME fully expects Q2 to be a full production QTR which means by Q3 we'll be putting some gaudy #'s on a balance sheet. I expect DME to release a 2023 timeline mid to end of Q1, from there we'll get a clear picture on the drilling program and plant 2 status (in planning stages, some critical parts already procured), and actual plant output rates/grade.

Might be a quite few more months but once the #'s come out it'll sell itself. As soon as i start getting some hard #'s on input output i'll put out more info on SP projections. I believe the highest priced warrants are in the 7-8$ range so that'll be our first speed bump.

Almost buttoned up

1672942326963.png

Advertisement
@Cmuri

Sounds like there will be plenty of “buying opportunities” this year. I have plenty of confidence in the company. It’s my number 1 position and will continue to add to it the cheaper it gets.

Bought some UNH yesterday for a little non-tech balance.

Sounds like there will be plenty of “buying opportunities” this year. I have plenty of confidence in the company. It’s my number 1 position and will continue to add to it the cheaper it gets.

Bought some UNH yesterday for a little non-tech balance.
My concern for Tesla is more geopolitical than execution. Musk buying twitter and becoming vocal about his right leaning views may have alienated a large portion of Teslas consumers all while other manufacturers are catching up. You can also factor in execution issues that have delayed new product releases.

My concern for Tesla is more geopolitical than execution. Musk buying twitter and becoming vocal about his right leaning views may have alienated a large portion of Teslas consumers all while other manufacturers are catching up. You can also factor in execution issues that have delayed new product releases.
Competition is Tesla’s achilles heel going forward. Ford and other makers are looking to take market share and they have mass production on their sides. F150 electric may derail the Tesla pickup and the Model s and Model 3 have been in the crosshairs for a while by Japanese electric makers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Market Watch

U.S. stocks gain as investors look to extend ‘soft landing’ rally​

Jamie Chisholm​

Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 9:40 a.m. ET

What’s driving markets​

The first full week of trading for the new year started on a positive note as traders look to extend a big surge on Friday, when jobs and services data raised hopes the Federal Reserve can soon stop raising interest rates and the U.S. economy can avoid a hard landing.
The nonfarm payrolls report showed a healthy pace of job creation and an unemployment rate of just 3.5%. But it also showed a slowing in wage growth, potentially easing pressure on service sector inflation, an area of price pressure that the Fed is keenly eyeing as it tightens monetary policy.
Indeed, an ISM survey of service sector activity illustrated how the Fed’s rate rises — 4.25 percentage points of hikes since March — already seem to be negatively impacting the economy.
Investors were thus emboldened by hopes the Fed could soon stop increasing borrowing costs and that any economic downturn will not be so severe that it badly impacts company earnings.
“On the back of ISM and payrolls, investors immediately moved to price in a less aggressive pace of rate hikes from the Federal Reserve. For instance, futures pricing for the end-2023 rate came down by -10.3bps over the week (-19.0bps on Friday) to 4.48%,” noted Jim Reid, strategist at Deutsche Bank.
“That was a big catalyst for risk assets,” allowing major indexes to turn positive for the week while Treasury yields fell sharply, he said.
Ipek Ozkardeskaya, senior analyst at Swissquote Bank, said: “The Fed is not looking to push the U.S. economy into recession for fun, it wants to see the jobs market tighter because, in theory, a tighter jobs market should help ease inflation.”
“But if inflationary pressures ease with little negative impact on jobs, that’s what we call the Goldilocks scenario: a soft-landing from the ultra-supportive monetary policy euphoria, easing inflation without too much pain on jobs market. In other words, it’s jackpot for the Fed!” she added.

If inflation numbers drop we can easily see the S&P blow past 4000. Job numbers are showing a strong economy.
on the other hand……

Last edited:
If inflation numbers drop we can easily see the S&P blow past 4000. Job numbers are showing a strong economy.
on the other hand……
I predict we see a major drop in inflation’s increase once we hit the anniversary of it taking off and then the anniversary of the Fed hikes.

I predict we see a major drop in inflation’s increase once we hit the anniversary of it taking off and then the anniversary of the Fed hikes.
CPI is at 7.1 and Core CPI, ex food and energy, is at 6…both Dec. yoy..
rate changes will be at the next meeting in February.
a drop to 6.5 and 5.5 could prospectively lead us to a CPI number in the upper 5% range in February. That might be enough for Powell to pause. ????? Core CPI would be lower.
Powell speaks tomorrow and will of course talk tough.
Initial jobless claims will follow.

Advertisement
Powell speak…
indicated inflation optimism, but talked tough and will raise, if necessary.. also said his actions will not take into account clean energy ….nothing brutal.

Powell speak…
indicated inflation optimism, but talked tough and will raise, if necessary.. also said his actions will not take into account clean energy ….nothing brutal.
Shocking. Chair Fed promises to do his job and raise rates to curb inflation. Year after year, what will the inflation rate be this Thanksgiving? Probably not much.

Shocking. Chair Fed promises to do his job and raise rates to curb inflation. Year after year, what will the inflation rate be this Thanksgiving? Probably not much.
Steve Liesman, from CNBC, said today that he’s hearing that the Fed will not continue tightening at this point. Let’s hope they feel that inflation is dropping at an acceptable rate. With all the tough talk, they do not want to see our economy collapsing and might be patient. Business optimism is steady but below 50..

Advertisement
Steve Liesman, from CNBC, said today that he’s hearing that the Fed will not continue tightening at this point. Let’s hope they feel that inflation is dropping at an acceptable rate. With all the tough talk, they do not want to see our economy collapsing and might be patient. Business optimism is steady but below 50..
Whoa boy. If people are expecting a 0 increase in Feb and he sees data that requires .5, we can look for another dip.

Whoa boy. If people are expecting a 0 increase in Feb and he sees data that requires .5, we can look for another dip.
And if the FED does 0, the pivot may have begun which will drop mortgage rates even more and start to warm up the real estate market a little. The 0 may bounce the equities market, too. It sounds like most believe the FED comes in between .25 and .50.

Overall, I would be concerned that the FED doesn't do enough and inflation crawls back up this spring or if they do any QE. I'm also looking at that balance sheet, they may never get to sell off the trillions.

And if the FED does 0, the pivot may have begun which will drop mortgage rates even more and start to warm up the real estate market a little. The 0 may bounce the equities market, too. It sounds like most believe the FED comes in between .25 and .50.

Overall, I would be concerned that the FED doesn't do enough and inflation crawls back up this spring or if they do any QE. I'm also looking at that balance sheet, they may never get to sell off the trillions.
Yeah, still plenty of QT to go. It would behoove everyone to keep home prices flat for a while and undo QE.

Advertisement
Back