Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
From his lips to ...":

Jim Cramer on Wednesday said that the markets’ recent gains could become a sustained rally.

“The charts … suggest that the market could have a very nice run over the next couple of months."

Numbers as expected…initially mkt. tumbled, but after kicking it around..we are up.[for now]
jobless claims down slightly…

USDConsumer Price Index (MoM)(Dec) TRADE NOW-0.1% -0.510%0.1%
Down for 6 straight months.

Last edited:
Nasdaq approaching 11,000.
S&P nearing 4000….
VIX below 20
surprisingly the economy is strong and inflation is abating…:oops:

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like it and I believe BTC has found the bottom IF the markets remain steady. Big money knew something before the CPI numbers were released cause the week and days leading up there was heavy volume.

I don’t invest directly in crypto so I bought BRPHF in the $2.70 - $3.00 range.

I like it and I believe BTC has found the bottom IF the markets remain steady. Big money knew something before the CPI numbers were released cause the week and days leading up there was heavy volume.

I don’t invest directly in crypto so I bought BRPHF in the $2.70 - $3.00 range.
Lucky. My avg. is 17$

Advertisement
yet…core cpi isn’t cooling fast enough, unemployment isn’t tanking, and the treasuries are holding up.

Janet’s news could be the political pressure needed to drop rates. If they drop rates, we all should expect more inflation which isn’t good for our country or currency.

yet…core cpi isn’t cooling fast enough, unemployment isn’t tanking, and the treasuries are holding up.

Janet’s news could be the political pressure needed to drop rates. If they drop rates, we all should expect more inflation which isn’t good for our country or currency.
Inflation is dropping. I’m hoping for a soft landing. Inflation didn’t pop up overnight and it won’t drop as quickly as we want, without causing a recession.

Inflation isn’t dropping much. Started 22 around 6 and ended around 5.7%. This gives Powell the room to keep hiking rates especially if inflation doesn’t keep on the downward trajectory in Q1. That was my simple point.

Advertisement
If the Fed was waiting for a drop in inflation, we saw it today with PPI and retail sales.
I would think the Fed will pause, with a possibility of a 25 increase.

If the Fed was waiting for a drop in inflation, we saw it today with PPI and retail sales.
I would think the Fed will pause, with a possibility of a 25 increase.
Manufacturing today was down and retail sales was down.

Inflation isn’t dropping much. Started 22 around 6 and ended around 5.7%. This gives Powell the room to keep hiking rates especially if inflation doesn’t keep on the downward trajectory in Q1. That was my simple point.
Yes it does. There is room for smaller 25 increases, but todays PPI and retail sales show different, imo. That is why we had an initial pop.
Now we are seeing fear that the economy is slowing down and that stock prices will be affected.

Investing is usually very complicated, but sometimes quite easy, as in "Dont fight the Fed".

Advertisement
Back