Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Was inevitable, but this is no less monumental. Huge news:

With UST now on the world's biggest exchange, the amount of LUNA being burned every day should rise significantly.

Advertisement
ALTS (7.15.21):

I like LUNA, CELO, and LINK right here right now. LTH's.

6.69, 2.54, 15.93

LUNA $100.50
+1500%

CELO $4.82
+90%

LINK $22.43
+28%

Sorry about LINK boys. I thought it would be up more by now. BTC has been an albatross around the neck of (almost) everything.

Also,

episode 4 100 episodes GIF by Shameless

Last edited:
@Cryptical Envelopment

TrumpyCane doesn't venture around these parts too often, still worth buying LUNA? Amu idea on how to buy in the USA

I mean, it's 1500%+ since we started buying so caveat emptor. I think long-term it has the potential to be the #3 crypto. I will let you DYOR and project where that would take us.

The fact that its still hard to buy actual means we're still early IMO. There are SO MANY MORE catalysts ahead of us than behind us IMO. And all of them will demand UST which means LUNA burn. I think you just have to own some of this in your crypto portfolio. You have to own some L1's and this is the best IMO as everyone knows.

Best way to buy it IMO right now in the states is:

DL the Terra Station app. Make sure you save your keywords somewhere safe, unhackable, where no one would ever think to look. Like Melania's vagine.

Next open a KuCoin account. There is no KYC so it doesn't really matter where you are, but I HIGHLY suggest using a VPN anyway. Mark yourself in Canada or somewhere.

Next send USDT (or BTC or ETH if you must) to your KuCoin account.

Important note: do NOT buy LUNA on KuCoin unless you are sure it's native. And I am pretty sure it is NOT. I am relatively sure they only support the ERC-20 wrapped version. You don't want that.

Convert your USDT to UST (if you sent BTC or ETH over I recommend converting it to USDT and then the USDT to UST - you will get better pricing and lose less in the conversions IMO, but see for yourself).

Once you have UST send to your Terra Station wallet. Then in Terra Station convert your UST to LUNA, and stake it for rewards and airdrops. Note: once staked, it will take 21 days if you ever want to unstake it.

Be sure to (now only using desktop CHROME) connect your TS wallet to Anchor and any other protocols you may be interested in. I can get a little more granular with this once you get here.

Happy hunting. Fvck the Gates and Noles!

I mean, it's 1500%+ since we started buying so caveat emptor. I think long-term it has the potential to be the #3 crypto. I will let you DYOR and project where that would take us.

The fact that its still hard to buy actual means we're still early IMO. There are SO MANY MORE catalysts ahead of us than behind us IMO. And all of them will demand UST which means LUNA burn. I think you just have to own some of this in your crypto portfolio. You have to own some L1's and this is the best IMO as everyone knows.

DL the Terra Station app. Make sure you save your keywords somewhere safe, unhackable, where no one would ever think to look. Like Melania's vagine.

Next open a KuCoin account. There is no KYC so it doesn't really matter where you are, but I HIGHLY suggest using a VPN anyway. Mark yourself in Canada or somewhere.

Important note: do NOT buy LUNA on KuCoin unless you are sure it's native. And I am pretty sure it is NOT. I am relatively sure they only support the ERC-20 wrapped version. You don't want that.

Convert your USDT to UST (if you sent BTC or ETH over I recommend converting it to USDT and then the USDT to UST - you will get better pricing and lose less in the conversions IMO, but see for yourself).

Once you have UST send to your Terra Station wallet. Then in Terra Station convert your UST to LUNA, and stake it for rewards and airdrops. Note: once staked, it will take 21 days if you ever want to unstake it.

Be sure to (now only using desktop CHROME) connect your TS wallet to Anchor and any other protocols you may be interested in. I can get a little more granular with this once you get here.

This may be a dumb question, so apologies if so, but why do you recommend not buying on Binance.US?

Advertisement
This may be a dumb question, so apologies if so, but why do you recommend not buying on Binance.US?

No dumb questions. This stuff is complicated and can be overwhelming. I haven't done a deep dive in a while, but last I saw, you couldn't buy LUNA or UST on Binance.US. And if you can, make sure it's not the ERC-20 version or you will have to use something like Terra Bridge to convert it.

Also Binance.US kind of sucks. A LOT less activity so things can trade pretty thinly. Which means bigger spreads and worse pricing.

Last edited:
No dumb questions. This stuff is complicated and can be overwhelming. I haven't done a deep dive in a while, but I last I saw, you couldn't buy LUNA or UST on Binance.US. And if you can, make sure it's not the ERC-20 version or you will have to use something like Terra Bridge to convert it.

Also Binance.US kind of sucks. A LOT less activity so things can trade pretty thinly. Which means bigger spreads and worse pricing.
appreciate the info as always!

Is this all we have to do? LOL.

By owning Galaxy we also own LUNA. In January, Galaxy invested in Terra Labs - not sure how much or what format.

Galaxy already has 4.7 million LUNA stacked in the Galaxy digital node. You can do the math on this.

Do Kwon, when asked, stated "yes, this is a portion of Galaxy's investment." Most likely meaning they have a lot more. Novogratz has also hinted that they have a lot more invested.

And of course take this information for what it's worth and DYOR.

Advertisement
Is this all we have to do? LOL.

By owning Galaxy we also own LUNA. In January, Galaxy invested in Terra Labs - not sure how much or what format.

Galaxy already has 4.7 million LUNA stacked in the Galaxy digital node. You can do the math on this.

Do Kwon, when asked, stated "yes, this is a portion of Galaxy's investment." Most likely meaning they have a lot more. Novogratz has also hinted that they have a lot more invested.

And of course take this information for what it's worth and DYOR.

Yep, easy peasey lol. Sounds a lot worse that it is.

I've sniffed around on GLXY's LUNA investment. I know that they invested equity in TL, but I don't know how much LUNA they have. When you say 4.7M are you talking about as a validator? If so that could be other people's LUNA. I even have some of my LUNA staked with them. Or am I misreading? Where did you find that #???

As I've said many times, I think Novo is laying in the weeds, with a f'ing ****nal of bullets he will start firing once BitGo closes and they uplist. Why waste them now? He's also in a lockup where he has to watch what he says. But he does keep shilling SOL and LUNA when asked. Not mad about that at all.

@Cryptical Envelopment

TrumpyCane doesn't venture around these parts too often, still worth buying LUNA? Amu idea on how to buy in the USA
As an appendix to @Cryptical Envelopment post - I believe you can purchase LUNA directly on crypto.com and send it direct to your Terra Station wallet. I haven’t done it myself so take with a grain of salt but I remember hearing this news not too long ago.

May be at least worth looking into as it may save you a few steps.

As an appendix to @Cryptical Envelopment post - I believe you can purchase LUNA directly on crypto.com and send it direct to your Terra Station wallet. I haven’t done it myself so take with a grain of salt but I remember hearing this news not too long ago.

May be at least worth looking into as it may save you a few steps.

Awesome. Just MAKE SURE ITS NATIVE, and not ERC-20 WRAPPED.

Also, great strategy thread:

Advertisement

I've sniffed around on GLXY's LUNA investment. I know that they invested equity in TL, but I don't know how much LUNA they have. When you say 4.7M are you talking about as a validator? If so that could be other people's LUNA. I even have some of my LUNA staked with them. Or am I misre

As I've said many times, I think Novo is laying in the weeds, with a f'ing ****nal of bullets he will start firing once BitGo closes and they uplist. Why waste them now? He's also in a lockup where he has to watch what he says. But he does keep shilling SOL and LUNA when asked. Not mad about that at all.

I've sniffed around on GLXY's LUNA investment. I know that they invested equity in TL, but I don't know how much LUNA they have. When you say 4.7M are you talking about as a validator? If so that could be other people's LUNA. I even have some of my LUNA staked with them. Or am I misreading? Where did you find that #???

Do Kwon was specifically asked if the 4.7 million was Galaxy's LUNA and he confirmed that it was part of what they owned. I read this to mean it's all Galaxy's and they have more.

I also recall another reference to Galaxy's LUNA investment where Do Kwon stated the amount listed was to low, but didn't get specific.

I can't recall where I got these two references from, so take it with a grain of salt. But, they fall in line with Novo's hinting that they own more then published.

Do Kwon was specifically asked if the 4.7 million was Galaxy's LUNA and he confirmed that it was part of what they owned. I read this to mean it's all Galaxy's and they have more.

I also recall another reference to Galaxy's LUNA investment where Do Kwon stated the amount listed was to low, but didn't get specific.

I can't recall where I got these two references from, so take it with a grain of salt. But, they fall in line with Novo's hinting that they own more then published.

If you happen to come across a link to that interview or statement please share.

Say it with me. UST adoption means LUNA gets burned. There are so many UST catalysts coming it's hard to believe. UST getting a listing and pairs on Binance is just one. Wait till Alice launches as an example. If I could remove subjectivity my brain would tell me $1000+. It's all so hard to believe because it sounds so good. UST is almost at $10B EOY MC as Do promised, and LUNA is @ $100 so you can update this chart to further prove the thesis. Thesis, lol. It's programmed.

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 5.19.02 PM.png

Last edited:
Say it with me. UST adoption means LUNA gets burned. There are so many UST catalysts coming it's hard to believe. UST getting a listing and pairs on Binance is just one. Wait till Alice launches as an example. If I could remove subjectivity my brain would tell me $1000+. It's all so hard to believe because it sounds so good. UST is almost at $10B EOY MC as Do promised, and LUNA is @ $100 so you can update this chart to further prove the thesis. Thesis, lol. It's programmed.

View attachment 169395
Let's keep the good times rolling.

On January 26th, Galaxy led a $25 million investment in LUNA along with coinbase and a couple others. For the fun of it let's say Galaxy put up $8 million and paid $.80 a coin, that equals 10,000,000 LUNA. At today's prices that would be $1 billion.

Gets better.

In July 2021, Galaxy led a $150 million investment in LUNA (actually Terra ecosystem fund which Terra will use to sponsor projects on the
Terra blockchain). If we assume an investment of $48 million by Galaxy and a coin price of $6 (market price at that time), then Galaxy would have 8 million LUNA coins valued today $800 million.

As mentioned this is just an excercise, but I don't think it would be much less and could be a lot more.

Advertisement
Back