Still wanna laugh it off?

Advertisement
It's not just the NBA being owned by the ChiComms...it's the politicians on from state to federal to White House on both sides of the political aisle. They own us and they are as filthy as anyone on this planet when it comes to human rights abuse. Yet you're OK with this? Are you boycotting the entertainment products bankrolled by them?
I’m honestly not familiar with the entertainment industry side of things. But yea I find it odd how in the movie The Martian, China’s space program is portrayed as a benevolent ally to the U.S.

I’m talking about my Canes, my university that I support. This hits home. So yea, maybe I care a little more when it affects my program and yea my support goes out the window if we ever sell out like that.

Advertisement
You’re absolutely right… but when other schools get in bed with them and take off out the gate it will much resemble UM dragging their feet to pay coaches a competitive wage, investing in facilities and running an up to date offense…

Playing catch up after getting our teeth kicked in for 10 years.

While I would support not getting in bed with the Saudis for all the right reasons I fear also that decision would solidify the Canes program into mediocrity for far longer than any of us would like to see.
Moloch Game Theory:
Moloch is the personification of the forces that coerce competing individuals to take actions which, although locally optimal, ultimately lead to situations where everyone is worse off. Moreover, no individual is able to unilaterally break out of the dynamic.

Advertisement
Not a moral equivalency issue. Yea the U.S. does ****ed up **** all the time. You don’t gotta convince me about that.

Let’s not let the Saudis come in and take advantage of our own greed and corruption. I hope college football cares and if not, at least the universities we love.
I'm getting the feeling you believe college football and college sports in general is still ran by American interests? I can think of 5 universities off the top of my head that have already allowed in the interests of foreign countries and are **** near dependent on their commitments. I gaurenteed you foreign and personal interests outside of universities themselves already run this landscape.

Advertisement
I'm getting the feeling you believe college football and college sports in general is still ran by American interests? I can think of 5 universities off the top of my head that have already allowed in the interests of foreign countries and are **** near dependent on their commitments. I gaurenteed you foreign and personal interests outside of universities themselves already run this landscape.
Name names. I’m open to learning more about it. I’m not naive enough to think that foreign interests don’t have an influence on sports media and marketing but to let Saudis Arabian money flow directly into the hands of our college students would be grimy as ****.

Bro, a woman needs her husbands permission and sign off to get a job in that country. Trying to compare the two countries is disgusting.
I'm not making a comparison, the point is people don't care about that the same way people don't care about the fact that football is being played in states where woman can't get an abortion under any circumstances and if they try, they are being imprisoned. People don't give a **** about that.

I'm not gonna make this more political, its already gone too far for this forum, if you choose not to watch college football as a result of the Saudis getting involved, that's your choice, but you're going to be in the minority. Thats my entire point.

Not a moral equivalency issue. Yea the U.S. does ****ed up **** all the time. You don’t gotta convince me about that.

Let’s not let the Saudis come in and take advantage of our own greed and corruption. I hope college football cares and if not, at least the universities we love.
So college football doesn't care about killers, human rights in the states where it plays football, greed, tax fraud, money laundering and dealers placing high schools at universities because it gets them the most money (something people could be calling "human trafficking"), but when the Saudis enter, thats when people draw the line?

Nah. Not a chance in **** this happens.

Advertisement
So college football doesn't care about killers, human rights in the states where it plays football, greed, tax fraud, money laundering and dealers placing high schools at universities because it gets them the most money (something people could be calling "human trafficking"), but when the Saudis enter, thats when people draw the line?

Nah. Not a chance in **** this happens.
Why would college football care about some of those things or what place does college football have at the table for human rights in any given state? And even if they could do something it would be incredibly complex and most likely unproductive.

This thread is about Saudi money going into NIL deals and athletic departments to fund the next arms race. The solution is simple: don’t take the money.

This isn’t about what the U.S. is guilty of, our own hypocrisy, or how other nation states are already in bed with our politicians and media organizations.

This is about university athletic departments in the United States simply telling the Saudi PIF to **** off.

Remember when I told y'all about this **** near 2 years ago and all the experts laughed it off. Lmao. Yet again info ain't released on y'all's time-frames. Take it as u wish.
I’d say it would be good to have Shalala back since she knows about cutting deals in the shadows, but that money would likely go anywhere but the football program or recruiting.

Advertisement
Back