Still wanna laugh it off?

Gotta be careful with the deal you make with the devil. Once you depend on that money you become their pawn. What happens when a student-athlete begins to speak out against human rights violations or what happens when an administration encourages its students to stay silent? It creeps into a program insidiously and there’s no going back.

No one is batting an eyelash with how the Red Chinese has taken over a significant amount of the entertainment industry, farm lands and other vital parts of this country so why should we care about some Saudis pumping money into college football?

We better be in front of line if this becomes an eventuality.

Advertisement
Desperation is a stinky cologne. I'm good with it lol
just-win-baby-al-davis.gif

No one is batting an eyelash with how the Red Chinese has taken over a significant amount of the entertainment industry, farm lands and other vital parts of this country so why should we care about some Saudis pumping money into college football?

We better be in front of line if this becomes an eventuality.
Because it’s another gateway toward higher education, where btw there are plenty of Chinese nationals acting as spies (but I want to emphasize the overwhelming majority of Chinese scholars are not spies). I also think we see what happens when Chinese money comes into play. The NBA is a slave to China now. I would think we’d be wise enough not to let the Saudis in.

Advertisement
The HC of LSU literally killed someone and no one bats an eye. Urban Meyer covered up Aaron Hernandez and his violent bull**** all the time and still kept coaching.

People don't care.
There’s different levels to it and I don’t disagree with you. The moral and ethical corruption in football is bad enough as it is. But now we’re going to invite the Saudis? Good ******* luck.

Gotta be careful with the deal you make with the devil. Once you depend on that money you become their pawn. What happens when a student-athlete begins to speak out against human rights violations or what happens when an administration encourages its students to stay silent? It creeps into a program insidiously and there’s no going back.
Look what happened with WWE a few years back... They did their Saudi show and Vince had a dispute over money with them.. problems ensued and Vince bailed back to the states on his private jet and left all the talent stranded in Saudi , like literally on their plane stuck on the runway...
Saudi's wouldn't let them leave... Imagine being part of that... Literal hostage situation...

If it makes us win football games I'm all for it.
Absolutely not. The Saudis despise us and definitely not our friend. There’s are reason they’re trying to invest so much in areas that heavily influence our culture…sports. Obviously they want ROI and They want influence over America and thus the world. It’s a power play by their government.

Advertisement
The way the athletic department is currently being run sans basketball is a human rights violation

Advertisement
There’s different levels to it and I don’t disagree with you. The moral and ethical corruption in football is bad enough as it is. But now we’re going to invite the Saudis? Good ******* luck.
Don't get me started on human rights violations made by the US. Like, come on.

College football doesn't care, neither do the boosters nor the vast majority of the fans.

Advertisement
Don't get me started on human rights violations made by the US. Like, come on.

College football doesn't care, neither do the boosters nor the vast majority of the fans.
Not a moral equivalency issue. Yea the U.S. does ****ed up **** all the time. You don’t gotta convince me about that.

Let’s not let the Saudis come in and take advantage of our own greed and corruption. I hope college football cares and if not, at least the universities we love.

Because it’s another gateway toward higher education, where btw there are plenty of Chinese nationals acting as spies (but I want to emphasize the overwhelming majority of Chinese scholars are not spies). I also think we see what happens when Chinese money comes into play. The NBA is a slave to China now. I would think we’d be wise enough not to let the Saudis in.
You’re absolutely right… but when other schools get in bed with them and take off out the gate it will much resemble UM dragging their feet to pay coaches a competitive wage, investing in facilities and running an up to date offense…

Playing catch up after getting our teeth kicked in for 10 years.

While I would support not getting in bed with the Saudis for all the right reasons I fear also that decision would solidify the Canes program into mediocrity for far longer than any of us would like to see.

It's not just the NBA being owned by the ChiComms...it's the politicians on from state to federal to White House on both sides of the political aisle. They own us and they are as filthy as anyone on this planet when it comes to human rights abuse. Yet you're OK with this? Are you boycotting the entertainment products bankrolled by them?

Advertisement
Back