Still rollin with Manny

Advertisement
He messed up the hire of Enos.....Corrected the mistake. Manny want it as bad as any of us and I know this spread will work with our athletes.....I guarantee we win the Coastal next year!!😤😤😤😤
That's not a mistake like you put on one black sock and one blue sock, and then corrected it by replacing the wrong sock. That's job #1 to do as a coach, not to hire the wrong coordinators. If he was that stupid the first go around, I have zero hope for him.

The thing with Manny is that he is still learning and will still make mistakes. No doubt in my mind he will be a fine coach down the line but dont know if he will turn it around in time to survive here. He needs to win now or will be let go.
Why will he be a fine coach? It's just a given?

Why will he be a fine coach? It's just a given?
I think he has the qualities to be a fine coach. He is a good leader. Players wanna play hard for him. He's shown he can make the tough choices when he has to and he does well in branding the program which helps recruiting even when he is not winning. He made mistakes in hiring a staff and in keeping some good talent on the bench and he payed for it big. He quickly showed he learned from the Enos hire by hiring the complete opposite of what Enos is. However he is a first time head coach making first time head coaching mistakes in a place which he cannot do that.

Manny gonna lead his slurpers to their very own Jonestown

Cyanide season soon come

Advertisement
That's not a mistake like you put on one black sock and one blue sock, and then corrected it by replacing the wrong sock. That's job #1 to do as a coach, not to hire the wrong coordinators. If he was that stupid the first go around, I have zero hope for him.

Offense regressed dramatically as the season progressed. At one point Jarren was putting up very good, efficient numbers.

This ended up being more than an Xs and Os mistake. There was real disdain by everyone involved imo.

Knowing somebody and being "boys" with that person are different. Lashlee was a good hire. I'm more worried about the overall culture of the program and thats my issue with Manny. We should have beat teams like FIU and LA Tech no matter what scheme we were running
very true. Remember when all freshmen had to have their heads saved?

well we’re stuck with him for at least one more year. I’ll ride with him again bc I have no other choice and I support the Canes no matter what. Am I happy about it no but let’s ride. Manny did make a ton of rookie mistakes as a year 1 coach if he corrects them if the season played out similarly he would’ve won 9-10 games without those same mistakes. This is why u cannot learn on the job at UM lol

Is he supposed to be smiling?
I was thinking not look shell shocked, confused where he was on planet earth, etc. His end of FIU look was that of a non leader of men during a struggle. His look was as embarrassing for a proud program as the loss itself. Terrible.

Advertisement
I'm in the fire him now camp until they prove otherwise. Just glancing at our week schedule 12-0 and not looking inept against Clemson in the ACCCG is about all that would change my mind.

Though, it would be nice if my mind was changed.

I am 100% bought into the fact Diaz knows what needs to change and will do everything in his power to change them. But he just has to prove . He has my support until he has proven he can't implement said changes which you don't know for sure for at least 2 years and really really for sure til 3-4 as Clemson didn't even know if Dabo was really the guy til like year 4 or so.

I fully believe Diaz is way more capable them idiots like Folden and overwhelmed great guys like Shannon ( or Richt being overwhelmed by change) .

Advertisement
Enos was at Alabama and commanded a huge salary. Let's not pretend this was a bad hire at the time. Hindsight is 20/20.

The first half of the season was bad luck and bad talent. I'm not blaming him for missing a ****load of 25 yard kicks.

The second half was just complete apathy. I do blame him for failure to motivate. Can that skill be learned? TBD.

But I do know that firing a coach after one year would hurt the program much more than it would possibly help (unless the coach is Jerry Sandusky). Even after two years, to me, shows instability and chaos more than a desire to win. Unless it's a 2-10 or 3-9 type situation.

He messed up the hire of Enos.....Corrected the mistake. Manny want it as bad as any of us and I know this spread will work with our athletes.....I guarantee we win the Coastal next year!!😤😤😤😤
Really, I'M taking a break of all this for now. It's like family, once one to drop BACK and rest

i'm sorry man but the face blake baker panda and rumph are still on this coaching staff along with patke means it's over.

any decent coaching staff, not even good, just decent will run circles around these guys.

Advertisement
Go Ducks!!!! I’m riding with a real Head Coach not one playing dress up.
71m2LTdsGiL.jpg

Shannon fired both of his coordinators in his first 2 years.

And it was reported by ESPN that he was going to fire both of his coordinators, as well as some position coaches, after the 2010 season. But Shannon himself got fired at the end of the regular season instead. https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=5858214

Just because a coach fires a whole bunch of people doesn’t make them a good coach.

I think he has the qualities to be a fine coach. He is a good leader. Players wanna play hard for him. He's shown he can make the tough choices when he has to and he does well in branding the program which helps recruiting even when he is not winning. He made mistakes in hiring a staff and in keeping some good talent on the bench and he payed for it big. He quickly showed he learned from the Enos hire by hiring the complete opposite of what Enos is. However he is a first time head coach making first time head coaching mistakes in a place which he cannot do that.
Do you think the team played hard for him? We still seem to act like he is the defensive coordinator and not the head coach, so as long as the defense played hard, all is still good. Regardless of players feeling for Enos, Manny is the head coach. He ultimately controls the mentality of the whole team. I feel like the offense gave up, especially in the bowl game. Manny can't just wash his hands and say that was on Enos. Enos is just an employee. We still act almost like Manny and Enos are co-head coaches, with neither having any control over the others troops. If they didn't play hard in the bowl, they didn't play hard for Manny.

Advertisement
Back