Stephen Field hired as TE Coach

Caneshades is saying Cooney is probably going to leave. Supposedly Cooney is mad he didn’t get a interview. I personally don’t give a **** one way or the other.

they said hes getting interest from other schools. no one is giving him an on field position esp the schools interested.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d like Stubblefield to be a better recruiter, but his hire must come from Enos, so he’s coached with him and knows what kind of coach he is.

He put up good numbers at Purdue, but wasn’t good enough to move on. That’s always a sign to me that he had to make up for what he couldn’t do physically by being smart, like Dorsey or Walsh did at QB.

It looks like he has at least three strong recruiters on that side of the ball, so he might have been ok with getting more of a technician as the WR’s coach.

Who are the three strong recruiters? Field is elite from what I read but who else has ever recruited on an elected level or even good? I see 1 recruiter on offense and maybe 1 on defense. I have said all along, this team won’t recruit on an elite level. Top 15 classes are likely. They will have to just utilize the athletes they get to try and get us back to the top of college football.

Always need great recruiters, but if he has never coached TE’s or ST who is taking ST?

Advertisement
Who are the three strong recruiters? Field is elite from what I read but who else has ever recruited on an elected level or even good? I see 1 recruiter on offense and maybe 1 on defense. I have said all along, this team won’t recruit on an elite level. Top 15 classes are likely. They will have to just utilize the athletes they get to try and get us back to the top of college football.

The RB Coach seems to have a lot of recruiting upside, but it’s just upside at this point. But the RB Coach hire doesn’t make sense within the context of the WR Coach hire.

One of those needed to be a big time recruiting get today. You can’t fold the WR Coach card and hope it works out with the RB Coach.

These local guys are hilarious. Cooney is going to leave because he didn’t get an interview? First off you just got a promotion. Second off you whiffed on Stevenson. Go to Oregon with Mario. We’re going to have to win & win big for any of these turncoat front running divas to come here anyway. These kids don’t give a **** about a glorifed flag football coach being on the staff.

Last edited:

You’re not wrong, despite the fact that I think this is a solid staff. Hickson is a wild card but the hope is that he’ll be our main broward guy which we’ve been lacking. I think between cooney and field, we have dade covered. Not super crazy about the lack of new blood on defense but Banda, patke, simpson are all pretty adept recruiters imo. My only nit is with stubbelfield - known as a guy who did not like to recruit, imagine him dealing with sofla drama nonsense while recruiting? Doesn’t seem To have the personal makeup for it. Jmo

Are top 10 recruiting classes the result of good recruiters or winning?

Seems to me when a team wins they bring in good classes and not so much when they do not.

It is not the only factor but my guess is, it is perhaps the most important.

Let's win and find out!

Advertisement
You’re not wrong, despite the fact that I think this is a solid staff. Hickson is a wild card but the hope is that he’ll be our main broward guy which we’ve been lacking. I think between cooney and field, we have dade covered. Not super crazy about the lack of new blood on defense but Banda, patke, simpson are all pretty adept recruiters imo. My only nit is with stubbelfield - known as a guy who did not like to recruit, imagine him dealing with sofla drama nonsense while recruiting? Doesn’t seem To have the personal makeup for it. Jmo

Maybe we put stubblefield our west or something and let Conney and others recruit the diva WR in south Florida.

False. Luke didn’t have anything to do with Miami when Schnelly was there. Luke got involved in the late 80 after Miami blew up.

Here let me show you how this works using simple arithmetic:

1) Luke was born in 1960
2) Schnelly arrived as HC in 1979
3) Luke was 19 years old in 1979 and a nobody. He didn’t give Schnelly a pass on in because he was a nobody.
4) When Schnelly won our first natty 2 live crew was still based in Cali and known for having the first Asian rapper. Luke was not involved until 84-86 when 2 live crew relocated to Miami.
5) Luke was a nobody until 1986.

lmao at posters who just make up reality as they go along and expect others to just roll with it.

Seems to me when a team wins they bring in good classes and not so much when they do not.

Let's win and find out!

All of this. The same guys who couldn't get flies to land on **** this cycle had a top ten class last cycle. Why? The 15 game winning streak and reaching #2 in the country. We got guys in South Florida turning on the program because a guy who just got a promotion didn't get another one after really just doing his job. Hiring recruiters will never work. Go out and win or pay. Do both for maximum effect.

Advertisement

Let's win and find out!

Why have Gary Patterson’s classes remained static at TCU despite all his winning and being in Texas?

Why did McElwain’s classes start improving after he hired Seider, but during the same season he’s now losing on the field?

There really is no evidence that winning “creates” recruiting. It’s something a lot of fan bases tell themselves, kinda like “star ratings don’t matter,” but there’s no evidence for it.

Why have Gary Patterson’s classes remained static at TCU despite all his winning and being in Texas?

Why did McElwain’s classes start improving after he hired Seider, but during the same season he’s now losing on the field?

There really is no evidence that winning “creates” recruiting. It’s something a lot of fan bases tell themselves, kinda like “star ratings don’t matter,” but there’s no evidence for it.

Because TCU is still TCU. Texas will always be top dog with A&M running second. TCU is not a staple program

All of this. The same guys who couldn't get flies to land on **** this cycle had a top ten class last cycle. Why? The 15 game winning streak and reaching #2 in the country. We got guys in South Florida turning on the program because a guy who just got a promotion didn't get another one after really just doing his job. Hiring recruiters will never work. Go out and win or pay. Do both for maximum effect.

Except we basically had that Top 10 locked up by April. Before we even won a game. Our recruiting actually slowed down and we finished poorly on the trail that year, despite the winning on the field.

Advertisement
Back