Steele's defense and some...

I saw plenty of pressure from the DL, but the QB scrambled out and away. We need more discipline with our rush, that will hurt against guys like Armstrong and Travis. Nyjalick gave up contain one time for a decent gain, but it was his first true snaps.

One play Jackson got in his face quick and he did a good job getting rid of the ball.

Few blitzes we got there quick, and he made quick decisions got it out quick.

He is legit D-1 QB.

He was a 4 star recruit #10 dual threat QB coming out of high school that signed with Florida. He had sexual assault charges that led to him being dismissed transferred to Jackson State. Then Deion son got the QB job so he transferred to BC.

Advertisement
Many points made here regarding contain of the QB. That stood out to me as well. We gave up too many QB scrambles out of the pocket. That's another item to clean up. Against a better team we are in major trouble
Thats why we play the game to clean it up

I don’t know how y’all wanna see Flagg fail. Most of you are literally rooting against him which is mind boggling cause most of you have no athletic ability and should be rooting for someone like him to reach his max potential. Culturally Flagg is what we want. Eventually much better options will come along but he has a place on this team. **** unathletic porsters calling a LB for miami “unathletic”
Nobody wants to see Flagg fail, that's not what's going on here at all. What we see and know is that if Miami wants to get back to being one of the best 5 teams in the country on a yearly basis, players like Flagg cannot be in the 2 deep. I have watched so many slow qbs run away from him. I mean guys that are going to be selling life insurance next year.... Do you think that should happen to a starting linebacker at the University of Miami? I dont think the fans are mad at him at all. We're trying to figure out why coaches who make millions, can't get faster more athletic players on our roster to understand and execute our defense mentally.

Ivey will prob never reach max potential on game day. And I’m not a grown man rooting against Ivey either. I’m rooting for all our players to succeed. Including Flagg and Ivey. They are kids.

It comes out that Flagg was one of defensive players of the game and everyone is butt hurt like he offended y’all. That’s just the fans trying to say **** that fits their narrative cause they don’t like him. That’s not a player thing that’s a personal thing

Who said he was the best ? PFF? Go watch that first drive again.

Advertisement

:u5pyxda:Save us Mario!!

Bet Jamming GIF by Soul Train

Advertisement
Who said he was the best ? PFF? Go watch that first drive again.

Since you asked:

PFF Grades for Miami Vs BCU

General notes:
-Miami had a pair of players that broke 90 percent grades this week per Pro Football Focus: Tyler Van Dyke with an overall 92 grade on offense and Gil Frierson at 90.2 on defense. For perspective, Van Dyke’s best graded games last year saw two above 80 percent – 87.9 against Central Connecticut State and 84.3 vs. NC State. Frierson? His best game last year was a 72.6 percent grade against Virginia Tech. So those were some big strides for an opener, at least.

-Grading out best as run blockers (with over 15 reps): Anez Cooper (81.4 percent), Justice Oluwaseun (80.8), John Campbell (80.1) and DJ Scaife (77.9). The team had an overall grade of 81.1 percent in run blocking, which is excellent.

- TVD was kept clean in the pocket almost the entire game, with PFF reporting two times he was actually considered “under pressure.” Offensive linemen that graded out particularly well as pass protectors (with over 15 reps) were Jalen Rivers (83.8 percent), DJ Scaife (82.4) and John Campbell (78.7).

-PFF noted seven missed tackles in the game, with Kam Kinchens the only player with more than one (he had two). An overall 67.9 tackling grade. The D did record 18 QB hurries.

- Several individual tackling grades were quite poor. The aforementioned Kinchens was at 48.4 (70 is considered good), Jared Harrison Hunte 55.2, DJ Ivey 38.8, Al Blades 28.7 and Avantae Williams was at 27.5.

-The top guy on the team tackle grade-wise was Corey Flagg, who beat out transfer Caleb Johnson for the starting job. Flagg was at 79.9 percent. No. 2 on the list was Johnson right behind him at 79.4. James Williams was also strong at 78.9 with others at 77 percent Gil Frierson and Tyrique Stevenson.

- Miami graded out at 92.6 percent overall . he offense was at 95.1 and the defense with an overall 83.4 grade.

Offensive Grades by Player: (snap counts in parenthesis)

Tyler Van Dyke, 92.0 (39)
Kahlil Brantley, 88.5 (13)
Henry Parrish, 85.6 (25)
Xavier Restrepo, 84.7 (32)
Anez Cooper, 84.2 (22)
John Campbell, Jr., 82.8 (46)
DJ Scaife, Jr., 81.6 (46)
Brashard Smith, 80.1 (26)
Justice Oluwaseun, 80.1 (46)
Thaddius Franklin, Jr., 79.8 (22)
Dominic Mammarelli, 79.8 (11)
Terrell Walden II, 78.5 (5)
Will Mallory, 76.9 (25)
Chris Washington, 74.3 (7)
Frank Ladson, Jr., 73.2 (23)
Michael Redding II, 73.1 (24)
Lucious Stanley, 72.7 (5)
Matthew McCoy, 70.4 (21)
Jalen Rivers, 69.8 (46)
Jake Garcia, 68.8 (21)
Laurence Seymore, 68.6 (21)
Devon Perry, 68.0 (10)
Jakai Clark, 67.8 (30)
Jonathan Denis, 64.1 (37)
Jaleel Skinner, 63.0 (13)
Romello Brinson, 62.2 (25)
Robert Prosek, 59.3 (4)
Josh Murillo, 59.1 (11)
Ousman Traore, 56.9 (14)
Jacurri Brown, 56.5 (7)
Elijah Arroyo, 54.0 (22)
Key’Shawn Smith, 53.1 (25)
Colbie Young, 48.0 (13)

Defensive Grades by Player:
Gilbert Frierson, 90.3 (23)
Wesley Bissainthe, 88.0 (9)
Akheem Mesidor, 86.0 (19)
James Williams, 80.8 (40)
Antonio Moultrie, 79.2 (17)
Leonard Taylor, 78.7 (13)
Jacob Lichtenstein, 77.2 (15)
Corey Flagg, Jr., 76.2 (34)
Markeith Williams, 75.5 (4)
Jared Harrison-Hunte, 75.4 (15)
Te’Cory Couch, 74.9 (31)
Jahfari Harvey, 74.6 (24)
Elijah Roberts, 71.1 (20)
Waynmon Steed, 70.1 (30)
Nyjalik Kelly, 69.4 (13)
Caleb Johnson, 68.8 (16)
Thomas Davis, 68.4 (3)
Tyrique Stevenson, 65.9 (37)
Isaiah Dunson, 65.5 (13)
Brian Balom, 64.9 (6)
Daryl Porter, Jr., 64.4 (18)
Jordan Miller, 62.9 (19)
Malik Curtis, 62.5 (8)
Khamauri Rogers, 61.9 (3)
Chris Graves, Jr., 61.6 (3)
Allan Haye, Jr., 60.9 (4)
Ahmad Moten, 60.6 (4)
Kamren Kinchens, 60.2 (40)
Chantz Williams, 60.2 (16)
Cyrus Moss, 59.7 (4)
Jabari Ishmael, 59.4 (4)
Al Blades, Jr., 58.7 (22)
Darrell Jackson, 57.4 (21)
DJ Ivey, 55.3 (37)
Bryan Levine, 55.0 (25)
Avantae Williams, 49.6 (14)
Chase Smith, 48.1 (4)
Jaden Harris, 46.7 (4)
Keontra Smith, 42.6 (17)

Here's the link

Steeles Defense Page 3 post 41

Not looking to get chastised by all the "coaches" on the board, but I don't think Tyrique has the speed to cover elite WR's. Maybe put him in Flagg's position. :)

That big one Stevenson gave up happened because we went press man too many plays in a row.

BCU went deep on the third straight play of physical press coverage with no help over the top.

Thomas Davis destroyed the RT on the James Williams INT. That get off was crazy.

Y’all should go back and watch that bih. It jumped off the screen and next thing I know was a pick!

That was amazing. Seeing Miami get some turnovers is great!

It has been a hallmark of all our great teams. I remember in the past few seasons when we couldn’t get any interceptions.

Really would like to see us take the leap from 90th in interceptions last season towards top 20-15 this season.

So props to Addae and Steele.

Quick glance around the NCAA stats wise holy **** how the F does Western Kentucky have 7 INTS in 2 games
Davis been 1 of my favorite recruits from the beginning. Hope he gets the opportunity to break out this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saturday was a reminder of what many of us have been saying all summer.....this defense is solid on the line and at the safety spots.....but below Miami standards at CB and LB.

I know they (coaching staff) and the kid himself posture to the media and say the move ain't happening....but it's pretty **** apparent they are going to be forced to move Williams to either a straight up linebacker role or a hybrid closer to the line of scrimmage on a FULL time basis.

You've got 3 good safeties and a combination of crap and youth at linebacker. Either get the puppies on the field or move your freakazoid safety up to linebacker and sell him on being a better version of Isaiah Simmons. It's what this team needs. In a perfect world we could leave him roaming centerfield but this depth chart needs him closer to the line of scrimmage and a way to get all 3 of those safeties on the filed at once, on a permanent basis.

Advertisement
Back