Steelers Notebook: Chickillo Turning Heads

Chick is going to be one of those players that if he plays well in the NFL...and if golden is still around..he will have to fall on his sword. He screwed him. He lied to him too. Told him when we recruited him we weren't running a 3-4. Smh. Chick is classy so he will take the high road but I would never speak to golden again. Cost him a chance at millions.

so IF he does well golden sucks

if he doesn't, golden sucks

got it.

Well, yeah. Haven't you been paying attention? Al Golden sucks. Chick's success or failure doesn't change that. But, given the simple fact that Chick was better he first year than his fourth under Golden and now just a few months away from Al and his fattening farm, he is again using his Cane speed to shine, it supports the position most people with eyes and a brain already know -- Al Golden SUCKS!

Advertisement
And you guys said having our DEs and LBs covering WRs in college wouldn't pay off!!!! See our coaches know what they're doing. :black_eyed:

Advertisement
I was wondering if Al called the Steelers to and explained the mistake they were making.

LMAO! @ Al admitting to a mistake. Have you listened to the "bad apples to the NFL" whisper campaign, that He acts He knows nothing about when asked about it...

I meant Al would explain the mistake the Steelers are making -- We all know that Al has never ever made a mistake. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

I'm really pulling for Chick to do very, very well.

He really got screwed by Golden and crew.

Golden couldn't lead a breakout from a two-hole outhouse.

This, kid was a 4-3 DE that should've played at around 260-265. Instead we blew him up to 280 and we all know the rest.

Name one college player that didn't have to drop 30 pounds for the NFL? Lmao, wtf did they do to this kid?

I'm really pulling for Chick to do very, very well.

He really got screwed by Golden and crew.

Golden couldn't lead a breakout from a two-hole outhouse.

This, kid was a 4-3 DE that should've played at around 260-265. Instead we blew him up to 280 and we all know the rest.

Name one college player that didn't have to drop 30 pounds for the NFL? Lmao, wtf did they do to this kid?

They wanted a 290lb space eating 3-4 DE. It's a ******* shame that his best sack total was a true freshman.

Because he wasn't an athletic freak they figured, "well the only thing he can do in this defense is be a two gapping DE"...Smh. There is no gray area in this scheme it seems. Either you are a freak who can play the JACK position or we have to blow you up to 275+ and put you at DE. Sorry. Smh. Its a shame. I fear what weight CThomas will report in at..

Beat Reporter: "Coach Golden, in your eyes, who has had the best offseason?"

Golden: "A lot of kids have worked their tails off, but Chad Thomas has REALLY put in the work and trusted the system and really bought in. He has reported to Fall camp at 270. His goal was to be at least 275 and he is almost there. We are really proud of him."

Smh.

Advertisement
Because he wasn't an athletic freak they figured, "well the only thing he can do in this defense is be a two gapping DE"...Smh. There is no gray area in this scheme it seems. Either you are a freak who can play the JACK position or we have to blow you up to 275+ and put you at DE. Sorry. Smh. Its a shame. I fear what weight CThomas will report in at..

Beat Reporter: "Coach Golden, in your eyes, who has had the best offseason?"

Golden: "A lot of kids have worked their tails off, but Chad Thomas has REALLY put in the work and trusted the system and really bought in. He has reported to Fall camp at 270. His goal was to be at least 275 and he is almost there. We are really proud of him."

Smh.

Or they take the freak, but make him play 280lbs because he is white. Al's binder mentality says no white guys, nevermind his ability.

These coaches don't look at facts. They think they already have everything figured out. They are playing an outdated system that has been surpassed. When it fails, as it does repeatedly, they blame the players. Chad is the next guy to fail. It won't be his fault either. The DL is stacked this year, but I'm not excited because I know it doesn't matter. No amount of talent is going to make up for this defensive scheme.

Advertisement
My steelers with Chick and Spence....

Nice

Mean Shayon Green too.

Btw, (assuming Alfredo is still here next year) watch all these little NFL staff field trips stop being talked about. There will be too many kids on pro rosters that underachieved here for them to go visit a team and not be laughed out of the building. A golf outing/trust exercise seminar with Dr. Bob will replace these trips in the offseason "staff enrichment" category.

Coaches put him in a position to make dozens of sacks. He just missed them all. Watch the film.

Not only that, but they taught him everything he knows about playing cornerback. This success story is due to Golden and Dorito's coaching expertise.

Advertisement
He was not a fit for Miami's D. Get over it. Move on.

I wonder what this dope is going to say when Chad Thomas is a senior, weighs 300 pounds, and doesn't possess anything that resembles explosiveness.

"Hey guys, just a bad fit, get over it, lulz." What a limp-wristed shill dimwit.

Here's what I'm hearing from Latrobe: They absolutely love Chick's intensity and explosiveness (that part was rich) and that he's a walking bag of ice because he's hitting anything that moves. He's very unlikely (as a result of depth) to see any playing time on D this year but he's an emerging favorite to at minimum make the roster and contribute on special teams. Have heard multiple Pittsburgh based media guys mention him specifically when asked about under the radar/late draft picks making noise in camp.

Advertisement
Back