Steelers Notebook: Chickillo Turning Heads

I wouldn't see him getting any meaningful playing time this year, but they can definitely develop him. That Steeler D has turnover all the time at those spots. Esp at Jack or OLB.

Advertisement
FWIW from Fishbein from another site:
what do you expect teams that used a draft pick on a player to say....Chickillo was maxed out coming out of high school. He gained a 5th star at the All Star game by playing well. He was never a great player....never will be a great player. At best he will be a solid backup in the NFL...At best. The Miami coaches could not make him become a fast twitch type defensive end. He was slow off the ball....was not explosive and never got near the quarterback. It had nothing to do with scheme either. At some point people need to realize that some of these guys were just overrated coming out of high school and did not live up to their hype.

I hope he does well, but it was pretty evident he had some limitations, and it had nothing to do with his weight.
He also wouldn't be the first guy that hit it off with a coach and was developed.

Advertisement
FWIW from Fishbein from another site:
what do you expect teams that used a draft pick on a player to say....Chickillo was maxed out coming out of high school. He gained a 5th star at the All Star game by playing well. He was never a great player....never will be a great player. At best he will be a solid backup in the NFL...At best. The Miami coaches could not make him become a fast twitch type defensive end. He was slow off the ball....was not explosive and never got near the quarterback. It had nothing to do with scheme either. At some point people need to realize that some of these guys were just overrated coming out of high school and did not live up to their hype.

Clearly you are an expert and football savant..similar to our great head coach Alouishis Golden

clearly you are not reading what I posted correctly...I cut and pasted that from another site. The author of the post is someone who has been scouting football and trying to get kids recruited for a long time. Not my words buddy.

However how about we wait until Chick does something in an actual real live game that means something against people who won't be bagging groceries, for oh lets say at least one full season, before we judge? How about this do you want to make a bet? PM me if you want to place a little wager.

Hilarious that some of these posters back a ****** coach who has done nothing here over a 3rd generation Cane who sacrificed a **** load while he was here.

You guys are an embarrassment and a big part of the problem.

Advertisement
clearly you are not reading what I posted correctly...I cut and pasted that from another site. The author of the post is someone who has been scouting football and trying to get kids recruited for a long time. Not my words buddy.

However how about we wait until Chick does something in an actual real live game that means something against people who won't be bagging groceries, for oh lets say at least one full season, before we judge? How about this do you want to make a bet? PM me if you want to place a little wager.

People Getting excited about practice reports lol. Gunter might make the 53 man roster and people, are already talking the next Sam Shields.

Fishbein knows his stuff.

Advertisement
Back