Steed by unpopular demand

2020 he admits he wasn’t fully recovered from injury but played decent during the little snaps he did get. 2020 was his first real snaps since coming out of Central 2016-2017. So yes he may have been rusty but the instincts were still there. 2021, he only had a few snaps versus Alabama and Appalachian State was his first game with major playing time after K4 gets hurt. Yes no one looked good in that game. Michigan State game was when he had his coming out party and hasn’t looked back since. Basically instincts has always been there and speed is gradually coming back. If he can get back to a low 4.6 and possibly high 4.5 40 range, I will say he’s fully recovered. We will see, but he knows how important this year is and his main focus this off season is learning the new defense so he can play faster. Last year means nothing as everyone is going to have to learn this new defense and perform during the spring to earn playing time.
I'm sure most cane fans would love to see him get back in 4.5-4.6 territory....I understand what you're saying but if his top end never comes back .....he could run a 4.7 with a good shuttle 4.2 - 4.3 range and still be very productive imo....these days short area quickness testing is probably the most underrated at any combine....a quick LB can do alot more than one with ( slow feet) top end speed imo ... regardless, we're gonna definitely need him to be at his best....would love to see him put it all together ..

Last edited:
Advertisement
WHAT!!??

OGH...you need to back that truck up...

99% of the porsters are very knowledge and never engage in silliness.

Da fuq you talking about?
I am very knowledgeable…. About hockey.

So all I really care about @waynejr31 is how your son is doing. Hopefully he is doing his thing and is ready for a big year.

As always, I have a game day board disclaimer where I lose my mind and act like I am John Madden. That is my alter ego Roy, pay no mind to him.

One of positions I look forward to watching Mario bring back the legacy and tradition thru recruiting.. no reason this should be maybe our lowest talent position on team

Advertisement
I'm always rooting for Steed! Sometimes life just is what it is and some people seem to get dealt bad hands. This kid could of quit, transferred, cried for attention.... instead, he came right back and is out there busting heads!

Not sure if pops still is active, but you should be proud of your son!
I swear I love Steed's resolve. Kids like him will always be successful in football and or life. **** if we set the edge and had a real defensive scheme all these kids would be better. This is the year of no excuses for any of these kids. Now is the time to show what you really made of.

Advertisement
Would love to see Steed as a GA if the NFL isn't a reality. Who knows what could have been without all the injuries but he seems to have charisma and the heart to grind which would be an asset to any staff.

Advertisement

Great young man, you should be very proud.

4:05 (difference in tackling)

Tiger Woods Sport GIF

What an amazing story and so impressed with his dad’s love and loyalty.

I personally don’t like him at MLB wish he could roam a little more. Strong and Steele are titans though, so if that’s where they put him, then that’s where he needs to be. But I suspect we’ll see some shuffling in the Fall. He’s starting either way so kudos to the young man.

If Steed is really back to the 4.5 to 4.6 type speed and a low 4 shuttle time, then he’s going to be the comeback player of the year. LFG!

Advertisement
Back