Stay tuned

Advertisement
I also want to point out while, yes, Urban Meyer had a "power spread", Urban understood one thing better than anyone else. The Run Game is a numbers game. He wouldn't run it for the sake of running it, he runs it when theres AT LEAST a 1:1 ratio of blockers and defenders in the box.
So you’re saying he wouldn’t run speed option on 4th and 1 out of 10 personnel with a 190 lb running back while Clemson has 7 defenders in the box?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was referring more to the comment about insiders setting the bar too high , something to that extent. I’m pretty conservative with things so i go out of my way to not lead people on.

As for the “ clout” comment I disagree. If I wanted clout I could‘ve done things that would’ve garnered me a lot more attention but passed. I’m just like all these guys here. A guy obsessed with Canes sports that lives and breathes for any info. I just lucked into a friendship years ago that allotted me info and opened doors for me. So I‘m doing what I’d loved somebody else to have done years ago when I didn’t know anything. Give an inside look into the program and share things responsibly. I’ve been given powers that most average fans don’t get lol. I’m not a Golden Cane or some big baller. I’m a nobody that’s just lucky.
A man of the people

Advertisement
Break it down. Was dude trying to get in Strawley's panties or what? Genuinely curios.

No, one thing is that the arrogance level was off the charts, acting like he was doing UM a favor by deigning to take an interview with our crappy program, particularly the second time he interviewed (I understand why it COULD be worse the second time, "see, what happened when you hired that other guy", but you have to control that impulse).

It's one thing to be the "smartest guy in the room" on football schemes, it's another thing to come off as SO toxic that nobody wants to actually hire you and monitor your job performance.

At the time, all he had accomplished was to be the moderately successful head coach at one of the (historically) worst SEC teams.

Saban or Urban or Gruden can pull jobs with arrogant interviews. Mullet and Leach and Kiffin can't.

I was referring more to the comment about insiders setting the bar too high , something to that extent. I’m pretty conservative with things so i go out of my way to not lead people on.

As for the “ clout” comment I disagree. If I wanted clout I could‘ve done things that would’ve garnered me a lot more attention but passed. I’m just like all these guys here. A guy obsessed with Canes sports that lives and breathes for any info. I just lucked into a friendship years ago that allotted me info and opened doors for me. So I‘m doing what I’d loved somebody else to have done years ago when I didn’t know anything. Give an inside look into the program and share things responsibly. I’ve been given powers that most average fans don’t get lol. I’m not a Golden Cane or some big baller. I’m a nobody that’s just lucky.
As someone who aspires to be a golden cane but is already a baller, I am sure there are Golden Cane's that don't know a quarter of what you know. Preserve that friendship and keep the tidbits coming.

Do you know when More is on the way today?

Advertisement
Please explain
Mullen and Herman spread it out and dictate run downs and run situations with personnel and play tendencies. They are willing to throw the ball all day, all game if they have to. For them, players in the box dictate your whole game and strategy.

Mario wants to run the ball to simply run it. To have an established run game as an alternative at all times. It's more old school, less effective and less efficient. Tighter splits, more tight ends to draw in linebackers... he doesn't care about space too much.

Which is why Mario will have to give the next OC some authority in bringing on the coaches. OC gets to pick 1-2 coaches he wants on staff and hopefully, have ties to the others. My guess is that this next OC will be de facto QBC and want to bring in his WRC and maybe even TEC. Kevin Smith and Mirabal (don't think he'll be an issue) will have to get on board.

What you’re saying makes absolute sense, both from a practical and theoretical standpoint. Having said that, the off-season comes at you fast, so I’m not necessarily expecting any specific outcome other than we’re definitely going to have coaching changes, at the very least on the offensive side, of course Gattis is a foregone conclusion.

I wouldn’t even be surprised at changes on the defensive side. My guess is that there’s some thorough evaluation going on here by Mario and others, not just introspectively, but also actively discussed among principals.

Advertisement
Back