Stay tuned

Advertisement
Taking over this offense is instant career life support. It can bring a former HC from the dead and have them back in a head gig in 2-3 years. This stock can’t get lower, it’s at rock bottom and it has a buy rating.
Not asking for you to divulge any confidences, but this screams Mullen or Herman as possible candidates.

Me like. Mucho.

Last edited:
Taking over this offense is instant career life support. It can bring a former HC from the dead and have them back in a head gig in 2-3 years. This stock can’t get lower, it’s at rock bottom and it has a buy rating.

We averaged 16 ppg against power five schools , any OC worth his salt would love taking that over. Then mix in all the portal help coming , guys getting healthy , the recruiting class and the money.

Agree but there's a flip side to it. Part of the 16ppg is a talent issue. Part of the 16ppg is the (perhaps undeserved) reputation of Mario having his finger on the scale of offensive gameplanning. I do agree with you in that most OCs should view this job through your lens. Whether they do and not let other things distract is another issue

Advertisement
I keep seeing 'More help'....or other uses of the word more. Gotta be Dante Moore....
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
There’s former head coaches interested , I hope that’s the route Mario would go. An experience teacher / play caller in the room.
10000%. This is obviously ancillary and nowhere near the top of our issues but maybe a dude like that could also somehow at least be a voice on the sideline with clock management issues.

I think football/coaching culture probably prevents the head coach from ever looking like he's getting his toes stepped on though in real time during an actual game with something "simple" like timeouts. We kinda just saw it with Jeff Saturday looking like a complete mongoloid on MNF and I've witnessed it with Mike Tomlin for almost 20 years now. It's just something I wish Mario would "humble" himself over now just in case we're ever one day in games that mean something.

But I digress. We have bigger things to fix first.

Advertisement
I really pray that this isn't just a wish. You and I agree that the guy would absolutely kill it here for 2-3 years. And he wouldn't really have to do much recruiting as we see.
Agreed. Would seemingly be an ideal spot for Don Mullins. And we probably could get that weirdo's severe scoliosis finally treated at UHealth from some of the spine docs that work on the paralysis research.

when can we expect an announcement on Gattis' one way ticket though!? Or does someone at least have a reasonable explanation as to why we're delaying the supposedly inevitable?

Advertisement
Back