State of Emergency-NOAA Link in OP

Anyone ever flown into Miami with situations like this? I'm flying from Atlantic City to Ft Lauderdale at noon on Friday. You think my flight gets cancelled or just delayed a good 4-6 hours? Most models have this storm as high as Orlando when I'm supposed to be landing.

Looking at the below model, I would call your airline and discuss potential alternate flights into the west coast of Florida OR trying to fly into Central/North Florida a day early and drive down. As of this moment I do not see the game being cancelled, but I do see a lot of travel plans being moved around due to timing and location of the Hurricane off the coast.

View attachment 39283
Try getting a flight into ft Myers and drive down Saturday am

Advertisement
Anyone ever flown into Miami with situations like this? I'm flying from Atlantic City to Ft Lauderdale at noon on Friday. You think my flight gets cancelled or just delayed a good 4-6 hours? Most models have this storm as high as Orlando when I'm supposed to be landing.

Looking at the below model, I would call your airline and discuss potential alternate flights into the west coast of Florida OR trying to fly into Central/North Florida a day early and drive down. As of this moment I do not see the game being cancelled, but I do see a lot of travel plans being moved around due to timing and location of the Hurricane off the coast.

View attachment 39283

Yes that might be the move

[MENTION=292]BiltmoreCANE[/MENTION]

06Z GFS run has shifted east a bit. Hope the trend continues!

Why single that one out? There are dozens.

There are a lot, but there are a handful of "big" ones that tend to be the most reliable. GFS is one of those. In general, the top 2 are the GFS and the euro (ECMWF).

Advertisement
The problem is that plans have to be made long before Saturday by state/local officials. Here's hoping they don't panic & cancel game. 60 to 70 miles off coast & left arm of storm amounts to some rain, bluster & high tides.

Storm taking a shift. Closer to the coast of Florida. Supposedly will be about 60 miles off coast of East Florida with bands spreading through Orlando here. Not sure how it'll affect Miami but will be closer than they originally thought

It will be closest to Florida on Thursday afternoon, Saturday is supposed to be sunny now. So the game should be fine, but folks flying in may have issues with canceled flights, as there is a 2/3 chance that we will experience TS force winds.

The biggest worry at this point is when does FSU travel here?

South Florida will be expecting tropical storm/Cat 1 winds Thursday and the same or worse is expected for northern Florida Friday

Advertisement
Love the tough guys on here. It's obvious who hasn't paid for travel, hotels, and tickets yet. Real easy not to worry about the storm when you'll be at home watching on tv.

Driving in from Orlando is going to be such a ******* *****. The turnpike is going to be all sorts of ****ed.

Advertisement
All these news channels have different cones, but one thing they are saying is that we will get tropical storm forced winds as minimal category one at most, still laughing that they all have different cones though lmao

Best advice ever.

View attachment 39283

Advertisement
Best advice ever.

View attachment 39283

This is the move. Do it now while you still can.

Best advice ever.

View attachment 39283

This is the move. Do it now while you still can.

I'm actually going to fly into Ft Lauderdale tomorrow morning now. Not risking getting left behind while the Canes beat the **** out of the Noles

[MENTION=292]BiltmoreCANE[/MENTION]

06Z GFS run has shifted east a bit. Hope the trend continues!

Why single that one out? There are dozens.

Yea, seriously, why be positive.

Who the fūck asked you? It was actually a serious question about why that particular model. As in, did the poster have some knowledge that made that model more believable than the others. Are you always this feeble-minded that you can't comprehend a simple question?

Advertisement
Back