State of Emergency-NOAA Link in OP

Ct4ypXfVUAAAwfK.jpg

Not looking good. This morning only one model was anywhere close to Florida. With the state under emergency orders I don't see how this game isn't cancelled. How ironic that a literal hurricane would spare fsu a beat down by the hurricanes.

Advertisement
View attachment 39279

Not looking good. This morning only one model was anywhere close to Florida. With the state under emergency orders I don't see how this game isn't cancelled. How ironic that a literal hurricane would spare fsu a beat down by the hurricanes.

Do you know where miami is located on a map?

View attachment 39279

Nope born and raised there but I have no clue. Maybe you should look at how hurricanes have been handled in the past with regards to public events before being a prick. Even ones that never hit land. BTW it's moving at only 7mph and it's almost 600 miles away from Miami still. Do the simple math and figure out when it'll be close to Miami. Oh and the pressure is at 936mbar. Andrew was moving at about 17mph and had pressure of 922mbar at landfall. Do I need to explain further why government and businesses might be taking this way more seriously than clearly you are?

Latest report now has pressure at 934mbar so he's getting stronger but the storm is picking up speed. That's key this storm needs to start moving regardless of where it goes.

Last edited:
All I know is that drive down 95 South on Friday is going to suck. But I'm pretty sure my hotel isn't going to let me get out of paying for Friday since the storm will be past South Florida early so, I'm coming anyway

Advertisement
'92 HURRICANE ANDREW WAS THE BADDEST MU-FUGGA I EVER EXPERIENCED...MATHEW'S A FU@KIN' MUD PUDDLE TO ME....

LETS GET OUR MINDS RIGHT AND GET READY TO CRACK SOME SKULLZ THIS WEEKEND.....

UM leadership to discuss its Hurricane Matthew plan this morning. Will send "Storm Alert" email to community.

View attachment 39279

Nope born and raised there but I have no clue. Maybe you should look at how hurricanes have been handled in the past with regards to public events before being a prick. Even ones that never hit land. BTW it's moving at only 7mph and it's almost 600 miles away from Miami still. Do the simple math and figure out when it'll be close to Miami. Oh and the pressure is at 936mbar. Andrew was moving at about 17mph and had pressure of 922mbar at landfall. Do I need to explain further why government and businesses might be taking this way more seriously than clearly you are?

Latest report now has pressure at 934mbar so he's getting stronger but the storm is picking up speed. That's key this storm needs to start moving regardless of where it goes.

This guy is right. It's not looking good. Clearly miami isn't going to take a direct hit but the officials like to be overly cautious with these things. Yesterday afternoon all the models shifted way west and that really screwed us. There's still time so hopefully we'll get an east trend today. If it does maintain the current projected path let's hope the people in charge take a wait and see approach since south Florida will probably be fine, but the odds are against them doing that.

View attachment 39279

This guy is right. It's not looking good. Clearly miami isn't going to take a direct hit but the officials like to be overly cautious with these things. Yesterday afternoon all the models shifted way west and that really screwed us. There's still time so hopefully we'll get an east trend today. If it does maintain the current projected path let's hope the people in charge take a wait and see approach since south Florida will probably be fine, but the odds are against them doing that.

06Z GFS run has shifted east a bit. Hope the trend continues!

Advertisement
UM and the sissies like the ones in this thread are prone to overreaction.

The consensus has this storm missing South Florida completely. The strongest part of the storm is on its northeast side, which will miss us by hundreds of miles.

I can see panicky folks like the ones in this thread doing the typical overreaction and cancelling the game. Then, the storm will miss us completely aside from some rain and 30 mph gusts for a day. Guaranteed result.

Remember, you're dealing with people who think that a hurricane is only the width of one of those lines on the graph. In their minds, if the path of the eye isn't directly across the 50-yard line of Hard Rock, then there is nothing to worry about.

[MENTION=292]BiltmoreCANE[/MENTION]

06Z GFS run has shifted east a bit. Hope the trend continues!

Why single that one out? There are dozens.

Advertisement
10-12" inches of rain forecasted to start at end of this week (as of this morning). I just can't help think about the mud fest in Tallahassee when Sean Taylor went off. That was a crazy game (and I lost my voice from leading the chants in our section ... and got the flu). Imagine what the baby Bermuda Triangle could do to Cook when running downhill in the slop.

If the storm slows its northern track its a good thing. By then the cold front would hopefully gotten down here to push this thing further out to sea

Advertisement
If the storm slows its northern track its a good thing. By then the cold front would hopefully gotten down here to push this thing further out to sea

What's this cold front you speak about?? ;0)

Hurricane Matthew to cause dangerous conditions along southeastern US coast

Look at the jet stream photos. There is a front right infront of it. The hope would be that the front picks up speed and the storm slows down causing Matthew to push further east.

What's this cold front you speak about?? ;0)

Hurricane Matthew to cause dangerous conditions along southeastern US coast

Look at the jet stream photos. There is a front right infront of it. The hope would be that the front picks up speed and the storm slows down causing Matthew to push further east.

I got you brother, I was just joking considering that in South Florida we hardly ever get a 'cold front'

Anyone ever flown into Miami with situations like this? I'm flying from Atlantic City to Ft Lauderdale at noon on Friday. You think my flight gets cancelled or just delayed a good 4-6 hours? Most models have this storm as high as Orlando when I'm supposed to be landing.

Looking at the below model, I would call your airline and discuss potential alternate flights into the west coast of Florida OR trying to fly into Central/North Florida a day early and drive down. As of this moment I do not see the game being cancelled, but I do see a lot of travel plans being moved around due to timing and location of the Hurricane off the coast.

MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL14_swath_1280x720.jpg

Advertisement
Back