Stat of the season

Advertisement
8.0 yds per attempt GT

8.1 yds per attempt UNC

4.9 yds per attempt UVA after injury

4.6 yds per attempt NCST

11 turnovers in four games

He is hurt and mentally out of it, bench him and move forward, can’t do any worse.

Semper Canes!!!

I thought it was due to all the zone being played but NCSt picked him off against Man due to the same issue: throwing way too late and/or underthrowing his guy. We aren't talking about an arm/injury issue because he was hitting the throws in warm-ups with zero issues. This is 100% mental with him holding the ball 1/2 second too long.
Actually, they were all against zone.

And his inability to throw into the zone windows is exactly one of his primary issues.

Actually, they were all against zone.

And his inability to throw into the zone windows is exactly one of his primary issues.
I was at the game so I haven’t watched the full replay. The george int was the one I thought was man coverage.

so he’s being coached to throw the ball to covered receivers?
So THAT’S what’s wrong with the offense!

1699313354250.gif

Advertisement
I was at the game so I haven’t watched the full replay. The george int was the one I thought was man coverage.
That's fine. I was just providing info.

He tends to underthrow players in zone because he does not understand that he has to throw to a spot/window a lot of the time and not the player. He tends to throw at the player regardless. He cannot read zone in that he does not read the spot where the ball should go like the back of the endzone.

Instead, he throws directly it at the player which turns into an underthrow. With Young (I meant George), if it were man, the throw could have been a back shoulder TD catch with the DB's head not turned. Everyone would have said great throw.

Almost all his INTs are the same. He is throwing directly at the WR regardless to where the LBs/DBs may be even if they are looking right at him.

It's crazy.

Last edited:
That's fine. I was just providing info.

He tends to underthrow players in zone because he does not understand that he has to throw to a spot/window a lot of the time and not the player. He tends to throw at the player regardless. He cannot read zone in that he does not read the spot where the ball should go like the back of the endzone.

Instead, he throws directly it at the player which turns into an underthrow. With Young, if it were man, throw could have been a back shoulder catch with the DB's head not turned. Everyone would have said great throw.

Almost all his INTs are the same. He is throwing directly at the WR regardless to where the LBs/DBs may be even if they are looking right at him.

It's crazy.
Agree with everything u said I also think he’s got nothing on the passes either idk if it’s bc his leg is hurt or what but he’s pretty much useless now and has to be benched

Advertisement
And he didn’t even play in one of those games…

GT: 3 turnovers (another dropped INT)
UNC: 2 turnovers
UVA: 2 turnovers (another dropped INT)
NC State: 4 turnovers (another dropped INT)

11 total turnovers in 4 acc games for our QB. This dude is a shell of himself, and the more time that passes it looks like Mario is a shell of himself too. All that passion he had when he showed up looks lost…. This feels exactly like Manny before Manny was canned, only difference is it’s only year 2.
2EOA3gM19upeDBPt_VNeZfCvqIck4_QC0GoLf3rg1y4.png

just freaking amazed at our TO and penalty rankings... I've said it before, those are the two Top areas I thought would be ultra disciplined under Mario... and even if our O was performing well, those are the exact same two categories that would make you lose games in itself.... smh.
I think one reason for the high turnover & penalty numbers other than the obvious **** at QB & refs enjoy ******* us is our constant 10-14 play drives. The odds for mistakes has got to drastically rise. Add to it our RB’s, WR’s and TE’s are just average. Big plays are what it’s about nowadays. Mario is living in the ******* past.

Advertisement
So you mean to tell me turning the ball over that much and being that undisciplined with penalties is your Stat of the season? How about not taking a knee or your starting qb throwing 10 int in his last 4 games lmao

Turnovers and penalties are a direct representation of coaching.
Turnovers and penalties are a direct representation of coaching.
Penalties yes

Turnovers usually 50/50 coaches and players

But these interceptions by TVD? They are so bad it’s 100% on him. I never seen so many balls thrown directly at the defense. I can not blame the coach, unless my blame is about why is TVD still playing

Penalties yes

Turnovers usually 50/50 coaches and players

But these interceptions by TVD? They are so bad it’s 100% on him. I never seen so many balls thrown directly at the defense. I can not blame the coach, unless my blame is about why is TVD still playing
You're either coaching it or allowing it to happen. The blame falls on the HC.

Advertisement
You're either coaching it or allowing it to happen. The blame falls on the HC.
Can’t say I disagree , but remember We don’t know how bad/good Williams is in practice

What’s concerning is listening to dawsons post game presser. He straight up says he won’t pull a guy because “he doesn’t want him to feel he’s going to get pulled for a Mistake”.. some bs about confidence blah blah blah. It’s ridiculous, TVD should never see another snap at Miami, regardless of how bad Williams may or may not be. And he shouldn’t have started against nc state

Mario needs to overrule Dawson at this point if Dawson refuses to move on .

Can’t say I disagree , but remember We don’t know how bad/good Williams is in practice

What’s concerning is listening to dawsons post game presser. He straight up says he won’t pull a guy because “he doesn’t want him to feel he’s going to get pulled for a Mistake”.. some bs about confidence blah blah blah. It’s ridiculous, TVD should never see another snap at Miami, regardless of how bad Williams may or may not be. And he shouldn’t have started against nc state

The HC failed to address the QB room in the off season. Blame falls on the HC.

you dont think mario is loyal to TVD? hes gonna start tvd is my guess. maybe a short leash but he wont reveal it till game day

Advertisement
Back