Stat of the season

Advertisement
Yes, I would also acknowledge the strength of schedule was not strong.
Would you also say you were concerned when Alabama was trying to poach TVD in the off-season? And at the time happy UM coughed up the money to keep him?

Because with all these things occurring, only Nostradamus would have seen the future to know how bad TVD was going to **** the bed. I’m ****ed but I can admit everyone thought tvd was the guy so I’m giving a little slack to the coaches that they didnt just let TVD walk and have to scramble for a replacement

Would you also say you were concerned when Alabama was trying to poach TVD in the off-season? And at the time happy UM coughed up the money to keep him?

Because with all these things occurring, only Nostradamus would have seen the future to know how bad TVD was going to **** the bed. I’m ****ed but I can admit everyone thought tvd was the guy so I’m giving a little slack to the coaches that they didnt just let TVD walk and have to scramble for a replacement
I was not happy they kept him. I was indifferent tbh. I never bought into the Tyler hype. I saw potential and what could be but I never gave him a pass for 2021 and 2022. That being said I wont pretend I thought he would be this bad. They coughed up more money out of desperation. Not many places to turn after spring practice and he was the only choice. His agent played it perfectly.

I was not happy they kept him. I was indifferent tbh. I never bought into the Tyler hype. I saw potential and what could be but I never gave him a pass for 2021 and 2022. That being said I wont pretend I thought he would be this bad. They coughed up more money out of desperation. Not many places to turn after spring practice and he was the only choice. His agent played it perfectly.
Agreed. Agent played it perfectly and I think CMC got a poor hand delt since he inherited a qb most thought was serviceable .

I hope William gets the start I don’t want to see Tyler play another down at the U at this point. I don’t think Williams is much better but he may have the higher ceiling at this point by merely not throwing the ball directly at the defense

Advertisement
Agreed. Agent played it perfectly and I think CMC got a poor hand delt since he inherited a qb most thought was serviceable .

I hope William gets the start I don’t want to see Tyler play another down at the U at this point. I don’t think Williams is much better but he may have the higher ceiling at this point by merely not throwing the ball directly at the defense
Mannibro had a full year to evaluate the QB room. He lazily placed all blame at Gattis's feet and failed to create competition at the most valuable position in football. He dealt his own hand.

I am not so sure about Williams not being significantly better than the current TVD. I think he could be. In his first career start he had a 115 QB rating against the #6 defense in the country. He put up better numbers against Clemson than 5th year Sam Hartman and anyone would have taken him in the portal.

Where’s your list of primary targets per play?

It is as simple as making sure Young is in vs Horton for RZ calls. While the sample size is small, the numbers are pretty clear. Miami does have a primary target and it normally is the slot.

Horton (1 of 6 and 0 TDs)
[BGCOLOR=initial]Ohio- complete from 19 for 5 yards[/BGCOLOR]
Ohio- incomplete from 16
Clemson - incomplete from 20

Plus near RZ
Ohio- incomplete from 25
NCSt - incomplete from 22

Young (5 of 6 and 3 TDs)- yes, I counted the holding for a positive play of 10 yards.
ATM - complete from 3 for TD
Temple- incomplete from 13
Clemson - complete from 11 for TD
Clemson - complete from 6 for 1st down

Plus near RZ
Temple - complete from 28 for TD
UNC - holding on him from 30

This is a coaching/personnel issue. Nothing against Horton but Young is the better RZ player. Use Horton for longer passes outside of the redzone as I think he is a little faster and can get better separation.

Wait a minute.

You have his entire performance for all of last year and you think you needed to be Nostradamus to see this coming.

Advertisement
And the guys with money backing the program paid up for TVD so I guess they don’t know either
I see comments like this and I just laugh a little. As if their decisions are infallible thus making your opinion infallible. These same guys who did not take a knee, continually mismanage the game and keep sending TVD out there.

But I do not want to beat up on the coaches and they have their reasons. But so doesn’t every coach that eventually gets fired one day. They are not perfect, and the logic in this statement does not work.

But hey, you are entitled to an opinion as is everyone.

My opinion is most placed blame on Gattis because they wanted to place blame anywhere but on TVD. Much like they have this year. But there we some that pointed to his flaws every year, but no one really wanted to listen and criticism was all dismissed. But I get that...that's the way most fans tend to be.

I only take exception to this notion that I keep seeing on here that no one could have known or seen this coming. When in reality , most attacked, dismissed and ignored any critical comments then forget they ever occurred.

I see comments like this and I just laugh a little. As if their decisions are infallible thus making your opinion infallible. These same guys who did not take a knee, continually mismanage the game and keep sending TVD out there.

But I do not want to beat up on the coaches and they have their reasons. But so doesn’t every coach that eventually gets fired one day. They are not perfect, and the logic in this statement does not work.

But hey, you are entitled to an opinion as is everyone.

My opinion is most placed blame on Gattis because they wanted to place blame anywhere but on TVD. Much like they have this year. But there we some that pointed to his flaws every year, but no one really wanted to listen and criticism was all dismissed. But I get that...that's the way most fans tend to be.

I only take exception to this notion that I keep seeing on here that no one could have known or seen this coming. When in reality , most attacked, dismissed and ignored any critical comments then forget they ever occurred.
their decisions are not infallible. Never said that nor implied it. What I was saying is that the overall consensus from the vast majority of canes fans was that TVD was the guy. That’s why a ton of money was put up for it. That’s why if you look at threads on this board from that time you will see the majority of the fan base in tears about him potentially leaving.

You or anyone else may have been right about TVD suddenly being so bad that he has 10 turnovers in 4 game..that he sacks himself.. that he throws balls directly into double coverage while another receiver is wide open.

I’m sure you and the other football savants are better suited for scouting for the nfl instead of commenting on a message board. But me and every other reasonable fan knows the mopes are going to mope and then gloat then the team sucks.

Advertisement
Even with TVDs INTs…..if Mario calls to kneel vs GT, we’re sitting at 7-2 (3-2 in ACC play).

I’d be lying if I said Mario isn’t making improvements to our program.

However, imo going 7-5 vs 8-4 is a big difference so he has to find a way to go 2-1 to finish the season.

Even with TVDs INTs…..if Mario calls to kneel vs GT, we’re sitting at 7-2 (3-2 in ACC play).

I’d be lying if I said Mario isn’t making improvements to our program.

However, imo going 7-5 vs 8-4 is a big difference so he has to find a way to go 2-1 to finish the season.

Outside of OL, what specific improvements in the program?

Advertisement
Outside of OL, what specific improvements in the program?
#1 quality I see is that these guys take punches and hit back. Past teams would fold in games like the Clemson game and A&M game.

This team has shown more grit than any of our teams since the 2016 and 2017 CMR led teams.

Wow I didn’t realize we were that bad as far as penalties go.

I don’t remember a lot of dumb penalties (unsportsmanlike) on this team this year, unlike previous years.

One person is mostly to blame for this, in re turnovers.Tired of the excuse making for TVD. Knock it off with the Fn head in the sand ****. This guy is completely lost at his position and it's unfortunately the most important position on the field. I've been watching this team since 83 - that means I'm ******* old and tired of the mediocrity (that's being generous).

Wow I didn’t realize we were that bad as far as penalties go.

I don’t remember a lot of dumb penalties (unsportsmanlike) on this team this year, unlike previous years.

Again, it’s largely irrelevant.

If you look at games against all schools, we are 118th in the country in penalties per game.

The school in 119th?

Florida State.

The turnovers are infinitely more significant than the penalties.

Advertisement
Back