Stat of the season

Oh, of course. But coaches who sit guys for penalties - period - are possibly putting some really good players on the bench.
And good coaches have coached up the really good players on the bench that replace the mental mistake players. That is coaching and accountability.

Thus, play Emory over TVD since Emory has already shown he was able to play game manager for a win vs Clemson. Thus, sit K Smith because his reps aren't needed when you have 4 freshmen LBers that haven't produced penalties.

Advertisement
I thought it was due to all the zone being played but NCSt picked him off against Man due to the same issue: throwing way too late and/or underthrowing his guy. We aren't talking about an arm/injury issue because he was hitting the throws in warm-ups with zero issues. This is 100% mental with him holding the ball 1/2 second too long.
Not only is he late. He no longer has any pop on the ball it just floats like his arm is dead. 0 confidence in anything he does he probably doesn’t even wipe correctly anymore

And good coaches have coached up the really good players on the bench that replace the mental mistake players. That is coaching and accountability.

Thus, play Emory over TVD since Emory has already shown he was able to play game manager for a win vs Clemson. Thus, sit K Smith because his reps aren't needed when you have 4 freshmen LBers that haven't produced penalties.

So what are the guys at Oregon, Washington, and Florida State doing wrong with regard to penalties?

Advertisement
LMAO 98% of our turnovers have came from tvd........but aye man, this is a team stat tho
Wink Whatever GIF by Crossroads Church

You are arguing against a point I never made. Yes you can win in spite of penalties. You can also win in spite of turnovers. The point is they both fall on the coaches. Never allow anything in a win you wouldn't allow in a loss. The coaches should be correcting both issues with either personnel changes or diciplinary actions. I don't understand the disagreement.

What I'm saying is penalties and turnovers are not apples to apples. Yes, in theory, you should be able to correct them as a coaching staff. But they're not saying the same thing.

This is like saying your house being on fire and your cat being in a tree can both be fixed by the fire department. Yes, that's correct. But one is MUCH more critical than the other. IMO penalties really shouldn't be involved in this discussion. They're not helping, but they're like being bitten by a gnat versus the turnovers are being attacked by a pterodactyl.

There are plenty of good teams with poor penalty numbers. There are almost no good teams with poor turnover numbers. Spend 99.8% of your time rectifying the turnover situation and 0.2% of your time rectifying the penalty situation.

What I'm saying is penalties and turnovers are not apples to apples. Yes, in theory, you should be able to correct them as a coaching staff. But they're not saying the same thing.

This is like saying your house being on fire and your cat being in a tree can both be fixed by the fire department. Yes, that's correct. But one is MUCH more critical than the other. IMO penalties really shouldn't be involved in this discussion. They're not helping, but they're like being bitten by a gnat versus the turnovers are being attacked by a pterodactyl.

There are plenty of good teams with poor penalty numbers. There are almost no good teams with poor turnover numbers. Spend 99.8% of your time rectifying the turnover situation and 0.2% of your time rectifying the penalty situation.
I mean a good coach strives to fix both. I don't care which is worse. It shows that we are an undisciplined team which is a result of coaching.

Advertisement
Well a lot of the blame falls one 1 player. Let’s be honest that our QB is a turnover machine. He is frankly very good at it. The INT in the end zone with UM in scoring position was as good a turnover as a QB can provide.

As soon as saw the way he thru that pass, I said pic.

I think I’ll wait for the official PFF analysis before I come to a conclusion on all this turnover and penalty stuff.

I think I’ll wait for the official PFF analysis before I come to a conclusion on all this turnover and penalty stuff.
Have you not watched any of the games yourself? Do you not know who has accounted for pretty much all of our turnovers??

Advertisement
Well a lot of the blame falls one 1 player. Let’s be honest that our QB is a turnover machine. He is frankly very good at it. The INT in the end zone with UM in scoring position was as good a turnover as a QB can provide.
Correct.

Advertisement
Yes, of course I’ve watched the games. But I need those PFF stats to tell me what REALLY happened. How can I trust my own eyes?
so you need PFF to tell you there's this big goofy on our team who plays QB but he prefers to throw it to the other team? you really need PFF to tell you who's at fault for throwing 10ints in the last 5 games?

so you need PFF to tell you there's this big goofy on our team who plays QB but he prefers to throw it to the other team? you really need PFF to tell you who's at fault for throwing 10ints in the last 5 game?
excuse me..... the last FOUR games

Advertisement
Back