Staff

Advertisement
UPDATED
Hopefully we hear a Brady or shumann bomb potentially soon…
Brady would almost be expected at this point. Schumann however is becoming less and less likely IMO. This board has sold me on Schumann so I would consider that a fantastic hire but I just don't think it's likely at this point with Lanning going to Oregon. I would expect Schumann to step into the sole DC role unless Smart prefers Muschamp.

I really wanted us to speak to Derek Mason at Auburn because you never know and Mason is elite. I wanted to offer Jim Knowles but the Taint were too quick on the draw. To me there are still plenty of excellent DC candidates out there.

You have....... Tressell at Cincinnati
Parker at Iowa
Heacock at Iowa State
Arnett at Mississippi State
DJ Durkin at Mississippi
Jimmy Lake is unemployed

I understand the draw of wanting someone that you have worked with before but it shouldn't be a deal breaker if you haven't. I just hope we are not limiting ourselves to that because DC is going to be an extremely important hire. In the end I think Mario will land somebody that we will all be pleased with. I'm just sweating it a little right now.

Last edited:
Brady would almost be expected at this point. Schumann however is becoming less and less likely IMO. This board has sold me on Schumann so I would consider that a fantastic hire but I just don't think it's likely at this point with Lanning going to Oregon. I would expect Schumann to step into the sole DC role unless Smart prefers Muschamp.
The longer this goes, the less likely Brady becomes.

Am I the only one worried more about our DC hire than our OC hire? I believe any system we bring in with TVD we'll be ok but we need to hit the DC hire.
No you are not sir

Feels like a really weak DC candidate pool. Most of the top defensive play callers from last year got into HC roles and Jim Knowles the best available was already taken

Looking sketchy out there if Mario doesn't lock up a good one soon. That or it'll have to be someone he takes a risk on

Advertisement
I think he’s a very good OC & I love his passing attack, the extended mesh offense he runs is very particular though, I’m not sure he’d be the right fight per se with our personnel.

If it’s not Joe Brady, I’m performing Santeria rituals hoping we get an Air Raid coordinator, although I highly doubt Mario ever goes in that direction.
So are you a Brady fan LCE?

I’m sure I missed your 10 page detailed breakdown with stats, videos and charts somewhere.

Advertisement
My answer is complicated.
84029223-050E-46EE-B965-706EEA264DB6.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just reading everything going on

OC: Brady?
QB: Dorsey with CO-OC? Ponce?
RB: McClendon? Seider?
WR: Brady with OC responsibilities ? McClendon
TE: Field?
OL: Mirabal

DL/AHC: Salave’a?
OLB/Co-DC: Partridge?
ILB/DC: Schumann?
DB: T-RoB
CB or Safeties: Monroe? DVD?

Maybe Monroe to replace DVD depending on O?

Salave’a’s title is the same as he has in Oregon.

McClendon is here no matter what.

Just reading everything going on

OC: Brady?
QB: Dorsey with CO-OC? Ponce?
RB: McClendon? Seider?
WR: Brady with OC responsibilities ? McClendon
TE: Field?
OL: Mirabal

DL/AHC: Salave’a?
OLB/Co-DC: Partridge?
ILB/DC: Schumann?
DB: T-RoB
CB or Safeties: Monroe? DVD?

Maybe Monroe to replace DVD depending on O?

Salave’a’s title is the same as he has in Oregon.

McClendon is here no matter what.
I don’t see Seider. I think he either goes to the gaytor or stays at Penn State. I hope not on Ponce.

Advertisement
Back