Staff

Advertisement
I am slightly surprised at your comment. Mario needs to nail both coordinators, in my opinion.
I think it has more to do with Mario being former oline coach and won't really meddle with defense too much.. just hire a competent coach and we should be good..

Oc is alot more complicated and Mario prior philosophy can make him meddle with someone who isn't given full autonomy.. has nothing to do with what's more important. It's all important, NOBODY wants to go back to bro style or try to be some ground n pound bull****.. pound into 11 man fronts while having TVD would just fit our last 15 years of luck but hopefully we hire a Joe Brady and get to enjoy our fall Saturdays of lit up scoreboards

I am slightly surprised at your comment. Mario needs to nail both coordinators, in my opinion.
I think anybody will be an upgrade over Manuela at DC, so it’s not really a concern for me.

But particularly OC is one that I care the most about because OC has been an area of struggle for most of Mario’s career, aside from Satterfield most of his OC’s have been pretty bland as play callers.

Moorehead got a lot of hype after his short stint at Penn St when he had Trace McSorely, Saquon Barkley & Chris Godwin, but once he went to Miss St his offense fell off a cliff & at Oregon they were pedestrian.

Just look at Oregon this season, they played in the weakest conference in the P5 & had a chance at making the playoffs, what was the thing that held them back the most? The QB & Offense, if they had that right they win the Pac-12 & waltz into the playoffs without breaking a sweat...

So for me, if we land the right OC, Miami will be in position to make a run for the ACC.

Advertisement
I think anybody will be an upgrade over Manuela at DC, so it’s not really a concern for me.

But particularly OC is one that I care the most about because OC has been an area of struggle for most of Mario’s career, aside from Satterfield most of his OC’s have been pretty bland as play callers.

Moorehead got a lot of hype after his short stint at Penn St when he had Trace McSorely, Saquon Barkley & Chris Godwin, but once he went to Miss St his offense fell off a cliff & at Oregon they were pedestrian.

Just look at Oregon this season, they played in the weakest conference in the P5 & had a chance at making the playoffs, what was the thing that held them back the most? The QB & Offense, if they had that right they win the Pac-12 & waltz into the playoffs without breaking a sweat...

So for me, if we land the right OC, Miami will be in position to make a run for the ACC.

Who’s feeling out of the three names mentioned, Briles, Brady, Dorsey

Advertisement
For the offensive staff, i wouldn't mind the following:

OC: Brady or Briles
QB: Coley
RB: Hickson
WR: McClendon
TE: Fields
OL: Mirabal

I'd be fine with this too. Although if we get Briles, we wont need a separate QB coach. Hickson and Field have proven their worth as recruiters and their units performed just fine. McClendon and Mirabal are both well regarded, and i'm fine with either Brady or Briles.

Advertisement
Somebody in the know you would think has a inside idea of what will go down. A thousand leaks for HC but dead silence for DC and OC. Just a bunch of amateurs giving their opinions.
1639273656001.png

If we strike out on the big names, how about Warren Ruggiero from Wake, @Liberty City El?
I think he’s a very good OC & I love his passing attack, the extended mesh offense he runs is very particular though, I’m not sure he’d be the right fight per se with our personnel.

If it’s not Joe Brady, I’m performing Santeria rituals hoping we get an Air Raid coordinator, although I highly doubt Mario ever goes in that direction.

Advertisement

I think his biggest problem this past year was his QB. That dude was horrible.

I agree with you but now I'm more worried about the DC hire. The whole thing with Jacurri Brown wanting a wide open spread offense that challenges the defense vertically as well as horizontally has calmed me on Mario's OC pick. Seems that Brown was very concerned about this and had a meeting with Mario about it. After the meeting Browns concerns were addressed and apparently Brown and Cristobal are on the same page offensively. Unless that story was all BS.

Advertisement
Back