Staff Changes - 1/3 AM Update

View as article
Today's update seems to backtrack a bit from Applewhite being the automatic choice if Fedora doesn't come and all but eliminate Coley. Wonder who that third finalist is. Please let it be someone from the Big 12

Advertisement
I think this is true. It eventually will come down to A) money, and B) does he still want to be a head coach.
If he's considering Temple, then the answer to B is yes.
The real question is whether he thinks OC at Miami or HC at Temple will get him the level of job he wants

If Fedora's still thinking about Temple then he really doesn't want to go there. Come down 95 and compete for titles, Larry Hoover!

Advertisement
Yea I really don't care about him cheating. We need someone with experience fighting on both sides on the line in recruiting if only so we know what everyone else is doing

He would help with recruiting I think. He has been out of the game for a minute so not sure what kind of pull he has anymore. Also, the cheating is all dependent on what school he is at and what kind of “network” they have setup for him to operate within.

I think Temple knows that Fedora would be gone in 2 or 3 years at the most... works for us.

WV concerns me the most... hopefully RR will go back there

WVU is Neal Brown or Fickel (Cincy)

My guess in Brown bcbof his offense

Advertisement
Yup.
Big no brainer. But speaking in generalities. If prices is too rich, I can see why they would think to go Irvin.
But.
I.
Want.
Seider.

He would have to much fun with our RB room. I can see it now. "Yo Lo! Remember that 6' 230lb freak of nature RB I put in the league who plays for the giants? Ready to get to work?"
😁😁😁 one can dream... this needs to be a reality.
Seider never coached Barkley at Penn St.

Today's update seems to backtrack a bit from Applewhite being the automatic choice if Fedora doesn't come and all but eliminate Coley. Wonder who that third finalist is. Please let it be someone from the Big 12

It will be Fedora or Applewhite, and I'd expect it to be announced today or tomorrow.
There's preparation to be made for recruiting, when the dead season ends shortly.

Fedora + Seider + Trooper combo would give the rest of the ACC the runs. Bring them to us, Manny. Unleash your Havana wrath upon Tobacco Road.

Advertisement
Why do some of you guys think a single position coach is the bag man? As if he’s the one that dishes the goodies out, out of his own pocket?

Because we have idiots that post here who have zero clue.

They let their teenage girl emotions run out ahead of the three inch ganglia they call a brain, and can’t think straight.

If Fedora's still thinking about Temple then he really doesn't want to go there. Come down 95 and compete for titles, Larry Hoover!
Temple is starting hc interviewing NEXT week. While salary not a big $deal due to huge NC buyout, seeing how much they will pony up for staff surely is. FACT that he hasn't signed yet dont look promising at all.

Advertisement
To all you goofballs who still think UM needs to scrape up loose change from under the floor mats of their Datsun B210 to hire assistants, just remember a few days ago where they scratched a $4M check to Temple without blinking an eye to get the guy they wanted as HC.

We paid Bizarro Tomlin $600k for fcks sake. Probably paid Dukiegans in the same range. Hartley was making a ton too because we supposedly kept him from jumping to UGA last year.

Money is there. We’re going to try to negotiate the best deals of course just like everyone does. This isn’t about money. It’s about Diaz’s pull. Do these guys he doesn’t really know want to hitch their wagons to him or not.

This is why I’m not going to flip out until coaches sign on. We hear the same pie in the sky stuff all the time around here. We need to close the deals. Fedora could easily become Applebag. Taylor could become another guy from La Tech. Seider could become noted UM hater Sed Irvin.

"It’s unknown just how interested Miami is in Taylor or Thomas as of now."

Let's not gloss over this statement by Stefan. Trooper Taylor reached out to us, not the other way around. I'd love if we brought him on, but right now he's in the Tee Martin bucket of guys who reached out without us reciprocating. Let's hope Manny wants him.

Trooper Taylor would be cool, but gimme Lamarticus Thomas touchdown god of the orange bowl as coach.

galactic.jpg

Advertisement
Back