Staff Changes - 1/3 AM Update

View as article
Advertisement
The #1 and most overlooked job Diaz is accomplishing is pulling money out of an administration that has never fully invested in this football program. His epic speeches and persuasion are coming in handy right now. I expect this to be the most highly paid UM staff ever. I’m giving the credit to Diaz for providing that shot in the arm that this university and football program sorely needed. We have the money, Diaz is better presenting a worthy investment.
I don’t think that is entirely true. Everything changed when Frenk took over as president and he gave Richt 4 million, and credit needs to be given to him, as that was a complete 180 from the Troll paying people 2 mil or less. Now it may end up being true that Diaz convinces them to shell out even more, but at this point there is no evidence of that. Also, I don’t expect Diaz to get what Richt got so I expect more money available for assistants anyway.

Advertisement
Look I was ****ed they hired Diaz and never called Babers. That being said I have no problem with Banda moving back to coach the safeties. We've gotten good production out of Rayshawn Jenkins, Jamal Carter, Sheldrick Redwine and Jacquan Johnson. Amari Carter and Gurvan Hall should be more than adequate replacements and the next good to great tandum next year. Patke did a nice job coaching up the striker position. Diaz thinks they are both bright guys. Diaz has enough confidence in Baker to call the defense. Smart move on Diaz's part.

You bring in Fedora, Seider, and Taylor and you are cooking with gas on offense. These guys aren't coming in at a discount. Bring in a quality OL coach and we are in a much better position than we've been staff-wise in a long, long time.

I’m not expert enough to judge the individual assistants. I don’t like good old boy deal. We sucked this year. Offense was completely horrible but defense did not help out as much as last year. Manny standing pat on his boys worries me.

Yes but prove that he is pulling money? He is making less than Richt was? You think the new DC is getting paid more than what dIAZ was making last year?
By the time he is finished filling out his staff, in total I believe they will be making more than any other UM staff in history.

Advertisement
Why do some of you guys think a single position coach is the bag man? As if he’s the one that dishes the goodies out, out of his own pocket?

A great bag man knows how the bag system works. If you cut your teeth at either Alabama or Auburn - you're gold - but he didn't just cut his teeth at Auburn - he excelled.

There's a system - that works. You know the system - you get the recruits you want - and you also have the ability to work with many different alumni to provide the cookies. Jobs. Car deals. Momma's house payment.

Low risk, high reward results.

A great bag man knows how the bag system works. If you cut your teeth at either Alabama or Auburn - you're gold - but he didn't just cut his teeth at Auburn - he excelled.

There's a system - that works. You know the system - you get the recruits you want - and you also have the ability to work with many different alumni to provide the cookies. Jobs. Car deals. Momma's house payment.

Low risk, high reward results.

Miami went on probation in the mid-1990s because Anthony Russell got caught in the Pell Grant scandal and went to prison. The Ponzi midget and a lot of his claims that he could not substantiate was the reason in 2011. Again, the Feds had rolled in.

NCAA compliance turns its head. If it did its job the entire SEC would be on probation at various stages. Unless the Feds get involved your point is spot on--low risk, high reward results.

Advertisement
Lamar is hard corps Miami.

But when you take a job - if you're honorable - you ride for the brand. You take their money - you deliver.
Generally true but there are lines you don't cross. You don't have to trash your alma matter do to great job. Some say you don't have to bad mouth anybody to do get who you want. He just went too far.

Will keep saying it. It’s not Major!

clairvoyance.png

Advertisement
Back