Staff Changes - 1/3 AM Update

Advertisement
Got to make the money work, but it sounds like the administration finally gets it. You don't have to break the bank, but do have to spend money to bring in a very competent staff.
The #1 and most overlooked job Diaz is accomplishing is pulling money out of an administration that has never fully invested in this football program. His epic speeches and persuasion are coming in handy right now. I expect this to be the most highly paid UM staff ever. I’m giving the credit to Diaz for providing that shot in the arm that this university and football program sorely needed. We have the money, Diaz is better presenting a worthy investment.

Advertisement
I am in the Fedora camp, but I honestly do not understand the hate towards Applewhite. We would be getting OC Applewhite, not HC Applewhite, which is a HUGE difference. Applewhite, as an OC helped Herman land the gig at Texas (Herman said so himself).

Prior to last season, if someone would have told us that we would have a Herman like disciple as our OC going into the season, we all would have been ALL IN.

Also, Diaz has made it clear about the type of offense that he wants to have at Miami. If Applewhite is the guy, trust and believe we are going to get the aggressive/creative OC version, not the CEO version.

I would love to land Fedora...bottles up type of celebration!

Landing Applewhite may not be as ****, but ****, it will still be celebratory worth!

Advertisement
I actually loved Applewhite as OC with Greg Ward. Very impressive team that year.

Same here people forget Greg was actually a converted WR and not a QB. Applewhite did the best with what he had and let’s also be honest, even though UH got blown out in their bowl game, they still finished a respectable 8-5

I am in the Fedora camp, but I honestly do not understand the hate towards Applewhite. We would be getting OC Applewhite, not HC Applewhite, which is a HUGE difference. Applewhite, as an OC helped Herman land the gig at Texas (Herman said so himself).

Prior to last season, if someone would have told us that we would have a Herman like disciple as our OC going into the season, we all would have been ALL IN.

Also, Diaz has made it clear about the type of offense that he wants to have at Miami. If Applewhite is the guy, trust and believe we are going to get the aggressive/creative OC version, not the CEO version.

I would love to land Fedora...bottles up type of celebration!

Landing Applewhite may not be as ****, but ****, it will still be celebratory worth!
Facts. Last week I was Didn’t want applewhite but yesterday just looking at his history again I completely Forgot he was the oc under Herman at houston when they were really fun to watch. He called the plays then and they were beating legit teams. You pair a tom Herman like offense with our athletes and recruiting base then we are cooking period. Applewhite learned a lot under Herman and his offense will be wide open at Miami and something new. Far better than richts scheme
38D538D4-F55C-4E3D-B950-CE1284D712B6.jpeg

24B16DE2-B155-463D-AEA5-1A55BE0124CA.jpeg

Advertisement
Doing some research on Applewhite:

In early 2013, Applewhite admitted he was disciplined by the University of Texas for "having an inappropriate relationship with a student at the 2009 Fiesta Bowl." The student was employed by the football team as an athletic trainer. Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds reprimanded Applewhite by freezing his salary and requiring him to undergo counseling. In a public statement Applewhite commented on the affair: "Several years ago, I made a regretful decision resulting in behavior that was totally inappropriate. It was a one-time occurrence and was a personal matter. ... Through counsel I have worked with my wife and the incident is behind us. I am regretful for my mistake and humbled by this experience. I am deeply sorry for the embarrassment it has caused my friends, family, and the University."The revelation occurred in the wake of investigation into Texas track coach Beverly Kearney's relationship with a student athlete. "
If she was over 18 and it was consensual I dont give A FUQQQQQ

Advertisement
Trooper Taylor....we are getting out of the checker game and starting to play chess if he's heading this way..

Our boy Dan Orclosky actually mentioned Major Applewhite being a good hire for Miami awhile ago before all this went down. Dan seems know what he is talking about a lot more than you keyboard warriors. Anything is better than Richt offense.
We had the most simplistic offense in the country. Applewhite is a MAJOR upgrade over what we have been dealing with no pun intended

Advertisement
Back