Stacy coley coming back!

why would you have gone pro if you were him?

He wouldn't, he's just being dumb. If he had a chance at the 3rd or 4th round, he likely would've left. Blow up the combine, please....speed (fast enough, not a burner) hasn't ever been the question with him, it's durability and desire. Neither would be an improved at the combine. Guy limps off all the time and vanishes from entire games. Neither is a desirable trait at the next level, that's why teams would've steered clear except for maybe a late round gamble if that. He had a slightly better chance of leaving than AQM, some people acted like him coming back was a victory as well even when his chance of being drafted was zero.

LOL if you really think he couldn't have left and didn't get enough info to support his decision on either side. Thank goodness for Momma let's just leave it at that.

Advertisement

He wouldn't, he's just being dumb. If he had a chance at the 3rd or 4th round, he likely would've left. Blow up the combine, please....speed (fast enough, not a burner) hasn't ever been the question with him, it's durability and desire. Neither would be an improved at the combine. Guy limps off all the time and vanishes from entire games. Neither is a desirable trait at the next level, that's why teams would've steered clear except for maybe a late round gamble if that. He had a slightly better chance of leaving than AQM, some people acted like him coming back was a victory as well even when his chance of being drafted was zero.

LOL if you really think he couldn't have left and didn't get enough info to support his decision on either side. Thank goodness for Momma let's just leave it at that.

Dude would've been 5-6 th round tops,it would've been an awful decision.

At no time did I think he'd leave , same with Aqm

Best receiver decides to come back, some claim its not "news"

:U5PyXda:

It isn't hard to understand, but for some apparently it is. He didn't have the option to leave unless he wanted to end up on a practice squad somewhere. It's manufactured news since he wasn't ever leaving as he hadn't done a thing to deserve being drafted. So to me, it's not news, just another problem with the look at me generation.

Compelling. Reasoned. Utterly out of touch.

Guys leave all the freaking time who shouldn't. Dozens every year. You can play cool hand grampa since he didn't jump, but the precedent is impossible to dismiss. It's a good move for Coley and a major win for the program.
Yup. But when you spend years building up a condescending douchebag persona around here, you can't just up and switch it up.

Coley has been a little iffy since high school on certain decisions and whenever there is a coaching change some guys will inevitably bail. Good to see he made the right move. Huge benefit to our receivers who were already going to be thin as a proven group.

Last edited:

It isn't hard to understand, but for some apparently it is. He didn't have the option to leave unless he wanted to end up on a practice squad somewhere. It's manufactured news since he wasn't ever leaving as he hadn't done a thing to deserve being drafted. So to me, it's not news, just another problem with the look at me generation.

Dude shut the **** up.

Doesn't matter if he would've gotten drafted or not.

Point is we wouldn't have him and we bleeping need him.

This is huge news and it's great news

How is it huge news when it was expected that he would return? Huge news would be Burns deciding he was coming back. He has actual draft prospects, Coley, AQM, Elder, etc....they didn't so they're coming back. I'm glad they'll all be part of next year's team, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't news, just what is expected.

Did Tommy Streeter have good draft prospects? No. Did he come back for a Senior year? No.

Whether you expected him to come back or not, when the number one playmaker threat on the team officially announces he's coming back, it's huge news imo

LOL . No He would of been drafted but in the 5th or 6th round . Why leave for that? It was a huge story and us getting him back is big big big time. Kid has the talent to be a top 2 round pick .

Advertisement

Dude would've been 5-6 th round tops,it would've been an awful decision.

At no time did I think he'd leave , same with Aqm

So I guess you knew DJ Humphries would be a 1st Rd pick last year eventhough the NFL Draft advisory committee gave him the same "stay in school" recommendation they gave Coley and AQM. DJ Humphries wasn't /isn't the only player to ignore the advisory recommendation. You didn't know he'd be back at all. the kid didn't even know and he didn't come back because of some draft advisory recommendation.

LOL . No He would of been drafted but in the 5th or 6th round . Why leave for that? It was a huge story and us getting him back is big big big time. Kid has the talent to be a top 2 round pick .
Yep. Would have been Tommy Streeter 2.0. Good decision to stay.

Great decision. Coley showed some ability to think big picture, which is great. I think he'll have a great year.

oline will be better just by everyone coming back and having played together and being another year stronger and older. add in some younger guys to challenge and it's a better group.
I don't know. I'm hopeful that the OL will benefit from the new staff (power blocking, better S&C program, no Kehoe) but there's that old saying about polishing a ****.

Advertisement
So I guess Beard wasn't that important

Susan Miller tried to make it out to be though. We have the worst media reporters I swear

If u read the report, it said "another long time Cane, Kevin Beard...." All I could do is go, what the??? Dude been on the staff for 1 year, and haven't played ball for or coached at any level for us in dang near 15 yrs. How's he a "long time Cane?" Hate our "beat" reporting.

That settles it:

Barring an absurd rash of injuries, a coach as good as Richt is supposed to be should win 10 games next year. No excuses.

Coley coming back is the 10 win clincher?

It was the only excuse I was hearing when I've said this before. The one thing we would have been missing was a dynamic, proven playmaker on offense. Coley gives the offense something that it could have only gotten from him, a true Frosh, or a big leap from someone like Cager or Walton.

Dynamic players are the difference between winning meaningful games against good defenses. When push came to shove, Coley was our best matchup against FSU last year. We looked for his mismatches. Next year, we can have Njoku take up Derwin's attention and, once again, look for the Coley mismatch.

So, yes, Coley's presence changes the dynamic enough to give us a realistic chance of winning at least 2 of the UNC, FSU, VT, ND games. If we do that, given Richt's ability and evidence in consistently beating "lesser" opponents, we're winning 10 games.
With a veteran $4M per year HC, who won 10 games regularly, we should have had "a realistic chance" of beating at least two of UNC, FSU, VT, and nd regardless of Coley being here or not.

Great decision. Coley showed some ability to think big picture, which is great. I think he'll have a great year.
Coley dominated FSUs secondary before he got hurt. He's probably the first offensive player to take over in that rivalry game in forever. Obviously he's got a lot of work to do but he could have a monster season if things fall into place.

Susan Miller tried to make it out to be though. We have the worst media reporters I swear

If u read the report, it said "another long time Cane, Kevin Beard...." All I could do is go, what the??? Dude been on the staff for 1 year, and haven't played ball for or coached at any level for us in dang near 15 yrs. How's he a "long time Cane?" Hate our "beat" reporting.
She clearly had an agenda for whatever reason. You would think it was Bama's staff that was getting overhauled the way she shoehorned those types of comments into every Tweet and article.

Advertisement
That settles it:

Barring an absurd rash of injuries, a coach as good as Richt is supposed to be should win 10 games next year. No excuses.

Wait can Coley play tackle?

I encourage you to read the rest of the thread for the answer to your snark.

I just dont see our biggest impact being 1 WR over another ever at Miami. This team reloads at WR like it does heat in the summer time.

Our weak ask zero depth oline will likely be the worst on the field in every game we play next season (including the first two games).

FSU almost killed Kaaya last year and one key injury to that line and we will be lucky to keep him breathing for the whole season.

He better be working on bootlegs right now.

Having the oline all pass their drug tests after a few cycles of roids may be the only way we can guarantee 10 wins.

I just dont see teams with that poor of front do much ever.

That settles it:

Coley coming back is the 10 win clincher?

It was the only excuse I was hearing when I've said this before. The one thing we would have been missing was a dynamic, proven playmaker on offense. Coley gives the offense something that it could have only gotten from him, a true Frosh, or a big leap from someone like Cager or Walton.

Dynamic players are the difference between winning meaningful games against good defenses. When push came to shove, Coley was our best matchup against FSU last year. We looked for his mismatches. Next year, we can have Njoku take up Derwin's attention and, once again, look for the Coley mismatch.

So, yes, Coley's presence changes the dynamic enough to give us a realistic chance of winning at least 2 of the UNC, FSU, VT, ND games. If we do that, given Richt's ability and evidence in consistently beating "lesser" opponents, we're winning 10 games.
With a veteran $4M per year HC, who won 10 games regularly, we should have had "a realistic chance" of beating at least two of UNC, FSU, VT, and nd regardless of Coley being here or not.

Don't really disagree, which is why I've been stating that up and down this board and got the "Coley may not be back, so no real playmakers," or now the "we don't have an LT" (which is true, at the moment, but doesn't foreclose a realistic chance at 10 wins). By realistic chance, I mean it should happen. Not just a 50/50.

That settles it:

Wait can Coley play tackle?

I encourage you to read the rest of the thread for the answer to your snark.

I just dont see our biggest impact being 1 WR over another ever at Miami. This team reloads at WR like it does heat in the summer time.

Our weak ask zero depth oline will likely be the worst on the field in every game we play next season (including the first two games).

FSU almost killed Kaaya last year and one key injury to that line and we will be lucky to keep him breathing for the whole season.

He better be working on bootlegs right now.

Having the oline all pass their drug tests after a few cycles of roids may be the only way we can guarantee 10 wins.

I just dont see teams with that poor of front do much ever.

You're missing my point and, again, what I've responded throughout the thread. This (not having a dynamic playmaker) was the last excuse I was being pushed when I'd say 10 wins should happen next year.

Advertisement
This is pretty big.

At first glance I started to question is NFL valuation and why he would even consider leaving.

But I realized my interest is entirely self serving and he's poised to have a huge year. Him leaving would've hurt.

She clearly had an agenda for whatever reason. You would think it was Bama's staff that was getting overhauled the way she shoehorned those types of comments into every Tweet and article.

Exactly!

Advertisement
Back