Stacy coley coming back!

I would have gone pro if I were Coley, but his return is a huge boost for the team. If he stays healthy he'll ball out.

Advertisement
It was the only excuse I was hearing when I've said this before. The one thing we would have been missing was a dynamic, proven playmaker on offense. Coley gives the offense something that it could have only gotten from him, a true Frosh, or a big leap from someone like Cager or Walton.

Dynamic players are the difference between winning meaningful games against good defenses. When push came to shove, Coley was our best matchup against FSU last year. We looked for his mismatches. Next year, we can have Njoku take up Derwin's attention and, once again, look for the Coley mismatch.

So, yes, Coley's presence changes the dynamic enough to give us a realistic chance of winning at least 2 of the UNC, FSU, VT, ND games. If we do that, given Richt's ability and evidence in consistently beating "lesser" opponents, we're winning 10 games.

I'd love to get on board with this, but unless we find a way to get Romberg and McKinnie a fifth year that OL is still five zombies in quicksand.

I'd def take Mckinnie. Ha.

In fact, when I made a comment to my buddies upon Coley's release of this info, I specifically said "now let's just teach someone to play LT."

The lack of having a proven LT is what keeps us from an even better season. Even Trevor Darling can man LT for a 10 win season against next year's schedule. I pray it doesn't come to that and St. Louis can be properly groomed. But, what teams present a deathly matchup for our LT that can overwhelm the rest of our advantages?

FSU - Josh Sweat
VT - via scheme
ND - was set to lose 6 defensive players if Jaylon hadn't gotten injured (not sure if he still leaves)
UNC - Drennon is good

Despite it being an admitted limiting factor, I don't think our LT mystery is a big enough threat that should make us lose 3 or all 4 of those games. A focused and motivated team should beat everyone else on our schedule.
you forgot about Bar Milo

I didn't. From everything I've heard, I'd be surprised if he plays LT.
so the guy with a 36" inch arms, the best feet out of the offensive linemen, and the most athletic because he also played basketball in high school shouldn't be your LT...from what I have heard he's their most naturally gifted lineman

I'd love to get on board with this, but unless we find a way to get Romberg and McKinnie a fifth year that OL is still five zombies in quicksand.

I'd def take Mckinnie. Ha.

In fact, when I made a comment to my buddies upon Coley's release of this info, I specifically said "now let's just teach someone to play LT."

The lack of having a proven LT is what keeps us from an even better season. Even Trevor Darling can man LT for a 10 win season against next year's schedule. I pray it doesn't come to that and St. Louis can be properly groomed. But, what teams present a deathly matchup for our LT that can overwhelm the rest of our advantages?

FSU - Josh Sweat
VT - via scheme
ND - was set to lose 6 defensive players if Jaylon hadn't gotten injured (not sure if he still leaves)
UNC - Drennon is good

Despite it being an admitted limiting factor, I don't think our LT mystery is a big enough threat that should make us lose 3 or all 4 of those games. A focused and motivated team should beat everyone else on our schedule.
you forgot about Bar Milo

I didn't. From everything I've heard, I'd be surprised if he plays LT.
so the guy with a 36" inch arms, the best feet out of the offensive linemen, and the most athletic because he also played basketball in high school shouldn't be your LT...from what I have heard he's their most naturally gifted lineman

You sound personally invested. I just told you I'm going by what I've been told by others who've had the chance to watch him extensively. When I get to watch him a good amount myself, I'll make my own call. Till then, I'll go with those who watch him practice.

Advertisement
This is great. Coley can cement his Miami legacy with a monster year. He has the talent to be a superstar.

His focus should be getting stronger. He has the competitive drive to dominate every week. He just needs the strength to maintain.

Best receiver decides to come back, some claim its not "news"

:U5PyXda:

It isn't hard to understand, but for some apparently it is. He didn't have the option to leave unless he wanted to end up on a practice squad somewhere. It's manufactured news since he wasn't ever leaving as he hadn't done a thing to deserve being drafted. So to me, it's not news, just another problem with the look at me generation.

Dude shut the **** up.

Doesn't matter if he would've gotten drafted or not.

Point is we wouldn't have him and we bleeping need him.

This is huge news and it's great news

This is great. Coley can cement his Miami legacy with a monster year. He has the talent to be a superstar.

His focus should be getting stronger. He has the competitive drive to dominate every week. He just needs the strength to maintain.

And an OC that gets him the ball more then 4 times a game. He needs to touch it 8 times a game.

Advertisement
why would you have gone pro if you were him?

He wouldn't, he's just being dumb. If he had a chance at the 3rd or 4th round, he likely would've left. Blow up the combine, please....speed (fast enough, not a burner) hasn't ever been the question with him, it's durability and desire. Neither would be an improved at the combine. Guy limps off all the time and vanishes from entire games. Neither is a desirable trait at the next level, that's why teams would've steered clear except for maybe a late round gamble if that. He had a slightly better chance of leaving than AQM, some people acted like him coming back was a victory as well even when his chance of being drafted was zero.

It isn't hard to understand, but for some apparently it is. He didn't have the option to leave unless he wanted to end up on a practice squad somewhere. It's manufactured news since he wasn't ever leaving as he hadn't done a thing to deserve being drafted. So to me, it's not news, just another problem with the look at me generation.

Dude shut the **** up.

How is it huge news when it was expected that he would return? Huge news would be Burns deciding he was coming back. He has actual draft prospects, Coley, AQM, Elder, etc....they didn't so they're coming back. I'm glad they'll all be part of next year's team, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't news, just what is expected.

A starting 4 of

Coley
Cager
Njoku

And

Berrios/Herdon/Bruce

image.gif

Whether or not they would be drafted, this is still huge news for Miami and the offense. Many players have left school and not been drafted, definitely not unheard of. Huge for us regardless.

Advertisement

Dude shut the **** up.

How is it huge news when it was expected that he would return? Huge news would be Burns deciding he was coming back. He has actual draft prospects, Coley, AQM, Elder, etc....they didn't so they're coming back. I'm glad they'll all be part of next year's team, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't news, just what is expected.

It is big news because kids these days get terrible draft advice and leave early even though they know they will be drafted late or not at all. Just look at last years draft to see how many juniors went undrafted.

Advertisement
Great news! Really good decision on his part. He is poised to have a breakout year if he can stay healthy and if Richt can work some magic with this OL.

Get the feeling these players know something special is happening in miami, big difference compared to the golden era lets go !!

oline will be better just by everyone coming back and having played together and being another year stronger and older. add in some younger guys to challenge and it's a better group.

AND kEHOE LEAVING

Advertisement
Back