Stacy coley coming back!

Advertisement
Beard coming back or not wasn't going to change where he would potentially get drafted if he was lucky enough to be drafted. As I said, this isn't news and it wasn't when people stupidly asked if he was coming back. His body of work never justified leaving early.

That settles it:

Barring an absurd rash of injuries, a coach as good as Richt is supposed to be should win 10 games next year. No excuses.

Coley coming back is the 10 win clincher?

Idk if he's the 10 win clincher however he has the potential to directly influence a game or two and determine the outcome. He has a solid chance to make a 8-9 win season into a 10 win season

Advertisement
That settles it:

Barring an absurd rash of injuries, a coach as good as Richt is supposed to be should win 10 games next year. No excuses.

It was the only excuse I was hearing when I've said this before. The one thing we would have been missing was a dynamic, proven playmaker on offense. Coley gives the offense something that it could have only gotten from him, a true Frosh, or a big leap from someone like Cager or Walton.

Dynamic players are the difference between winning meaningful games against good defenses. When push came to shove, Coley was our best matchup against FSU last year. We looked for his mismatches. Next year, we can have Njoku take up Derwin's attention and, once again, look for the Coley mismatch.

So, yes, Coley's presence changes the dynamic enough to give us a realistic chance of winning at least 2 of the UNC, FSU, VT, ND games. If we do that, given Richt's ability and evidence in consistently beating "lesser" opponents, we're winning 10 games.

Best receiver decides to come back, some claim its not "news"

:U5PyXda:

It isn't hard to understand, but for some apparently it is. He didn't have the option to leave unless he wanted to end up on a practice squad somewhere. It's manufactured news since he wasn't ever leaving as he hadn't done a thing to deserve being drafted. So to me, it's not news, just another problem with the look at me generation.

That settles it:

It was the only excuse I was hearing when I've said this before. The one thing we would have been missing was a dynamic, proven playmaker on offense. Coley gives the offense something that it could have only gotten from him, a true Frosh, or a big leap from someone like Cager or Walton.

Dynamic players are the difference between winning meaningful games against good defenses. When push came to shove, Coley was our best matchup against FSU last year. We looked for his mismatches. Next year, we can have Njoku take up Derwin's attention and, once again, look for the Coley mismatch.

So, yes, Coley's presence changes the dynamic enough to give us a realistic chance of winning at least 2 of the UNC, FSU, VT, ND games. If we do that, given Richt's ability and evidence in consistently beating "lesser" opponents, we're winning 10 games.

I'd love to get on board with this, but unless we find a way to get Romberg and McKinnie a fifth year that OL is still five zombies in quicksand.

It isn't hard to understand, but for some apparently it is. He didn't have the option to leave unless he wanted to end up on a practice squad somewhere. It's manufactured news since he wasn't ever leaving as he hadn't done a thing to deserve being drafted. So to me, it's not news, just another problem with the look at me generation.

Compelling. Reasoned. Utterly out of touch.

Guys leave all the freaking time who shouldn't. Dozens every year. You can play cool hand grampa since he didn't jump, but the precedent is impossible to dismiss. It's a good move for Coley and a major win for the program.

Advertisement
Refresh my memory, who do we have coming back next season?

oline will be better just by everyone coming back and having played together and being another year stronger and older. add in some younger guys to challenge and it's a better group.

That settles it:

But can he play.....OL .......or consistently at WR?

I agree with much of what you said, but unless we get protection up front I have my concerns.

Advertisement

pretty sure we have had few try their luck so it is news. Nothing is guaranteed

I respectfully disagree; first and foremost he did have the option to turn pro and bank on his talent (which is considerable), whether he would have ended up on the practice squad is debatable. Matt Porter's article with Tony Pauline suggests that Coley could have gone 3rd round with a solid combine showing (which was likely) otherwise 4th round. Fourth round is a highly respectable draft position.

One thing we do know for certain, the 2016 Miami Hurricanes can use Stacey Coley, that alone to me makes this news. Let us see what these talented kids can do with a minimum above average level of tutelage.

That settles it:

I'd love to get on board with this, but unless we find a way to get Romberg and McKinnie a fifth year that OL is still five zombies in quicksand.

I'd def take Mckinnie. Ha.

In fact, when I made a comment to my buddies upon Coley's release of this info, I specifically said "now let's just teach someone to play LT."

The lack of having a proven LT is what keeps us from an even better season. Even Trevor Darling can man LT for a 10 win season against next year's schedule. I pray it doesn't come to that and St. Louis can be properly groomed. But, what teams present a deathly matchup for our LT that can overwhelm the rest of our advantages?

FSU - Josh Sweat
VT - via scheme
ND - was set to lose 6 defensive players if Jaylon hadn't gotten injured (not sure if he still leaves)
UNC - Drennon is good

Despite it being an admitted limiting factor, I don't think our LT mystery is a big enough threat that should make us lose 3 or all 4 of those games. A focused and motivated team should beat everyone else on our schedule.

Advertisement
That settles it:

In fact, when I made a comment to my buddies upon Coley's release of this info, I specifically said "now let's just teach someone to play LT."

The lack of having a proven LT is what keeps us from an even better season. Even Trevor Darling can man LT for a 10 win season against next year's schedule. I pray it doesn't come to that and St. Louis can be properly groomed. But, what teams present a deathly matchup for our LT that can overwhelm the rest of our advantages?

FSU - Josh Sweat
VT - via scheme
ND - was set to lose 6 defensive players if Jaylon hadn't gotten injured (not sure if he still leaves)
UNC - Drennon is good

Despite it being an admitted limiting factor, I don't think our LT mystery is a big enough threat that should make us lose 3 or all 4 of those games. A focused and motivated team should beat everyone else on our schedule.
you forgot about Bar Milo

FSU - Josh Sweat
VT - via scheme
UNC - Drennon is good

you forgot about Bar Milo

I didn't. From everything I've heard, I'd be surprised if he plays LT.

Advertisement
Back