Spring Transfer Portal

Miami is looking to upgrade the roster at multiple positions besides DT, WR and CB. Here are a couple of transfers that the Hurricanes are pursuing:

Miami offered North Texas linebacker Larry Nixon III is a 6-foot-2, 236-pounder who was named a first-team All-Conference USA linebacker in 2022 following a season where he totaled 105 tackles. There is a chance that the senior visits this coming weekend.

Another ‘backer the Hurricanes are involved with is two-time Division II national champion and an All-American at that level in Ferris State’s Konnor Near. The 6-foot-2, 234-pounder has earned offers from Oklahoma, Michigan State, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Texas Tech, and Georgia Tech amongst others. The Mountaineers and Spartans have hosted and the Hurricanes could get a visit this week. Last fall, Near totaled 66 tackles, 10.5 coming for a loss, and three sacks for a 14-1 team.

Miami is trending well with Oklahoma transfer cornerback Jaden Davis who started over 20 games for the Sooners over four years. The Broward County native played at Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas, where Miami defensive line coach Jason Taylor served for five seasons. If Miami does get good news from Davis, I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to explore transfer options, though there don't appear to be any names that immediately stand out.

Ole Miss transfer defensive lineman Tywone Malone left Ohio State without committing to the Buckeyes and the Hurricanes may be one program he would like to see. There is less clarity on a potential visit, but after chatting with Bucknuts247’s Bill Kurelic, it sounds like Miami is one school Malone wants to check out.

The Hurricanes have also offered Louisiana Tech defensive lineman Keivie Rose, a 6-foot-3, 303-pounder who, like Nixon, was selected as a first-team All-Conference USA selection last fall. Key recruiting staffer Dennis Smith was with the Bulldogs when Rose joined the program, so there is a connection to the program and Rose. Smith and defensive coordinator Lance Guidry are Louisiana natives, though Rose is from Texas.

Advertisement
Miami is looking to upgrade the roster at multiple positions besides DT, WR and CB. Here are a couple of transfers that the Hurricanes are pursuing:

Miami offered North Texas linebacker Larry Nixon III is a 6-foot-2, 236-pounder who was named a first-team All-Conference USA linebacker in 2022 following a season where he totaled 105 tackles. There is a chance that the senior visits this coming weekend.

Another ‘backer the Hurricanes are involved with is two-time Division II national champion and an All-American at that level in Ferris State’s Konnor Near. The 6-foot-2, 234-pounder has earned offers from Oklahoma, Michigan State, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Texas Tech, and Georgia Tech amongst others. The Mountaineers and Spartans have hosted and the Hurricanes could get a visit this week. Last fall, Near totaled 66 tackles, 10.5 coming for a loss, and three sacks for a 14-1 team.

Miami is trending well with Oklahoma transfer cornerback Jaden Davis who started over 20 games for the Sooners over four years. The Broward County native played at Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas, where Miami defensive line coach Jason Taylor served for five seasons. If Miami does get good news from Davis, I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to explore transfer options, though there don't appear to be any names that immediately stand out.

Ole Miss transfer defensive lineman Tywone Malone left Ohio State without committing to the Buckeyes and the Hurricanes may be one program he would like to see. There is less clarity on a potential visit, but after chatting with Bucknuts247’s Bill Kurelic, it sounds like Miami is one school Malone wants to check out.

The Hurricanes have also offered Louisiana Tech defensive lineman Keivie Rose, a 6-foot-3, 303-pounder who, like Nixon, was selected as a first-team All-Conference USA selection last fall. Key recruiting staffer Dennis Smith was with the Bulldogs when Rose joined the program, so there is a connection to the program and Rose. Smith and defensive coordinator Lance Guidry are Louisiana natives, though Rose is from Texas.
Makes me more worried than I want to be about the pass rush & LBs.

Advertisement

Makes me more worried than I want to be about the pass rush & LBs.
I always thought we'd take an LB to be honest. Cisco is a starter for sure, but then it's Keontra/Flagg/Wes and mostly freshmen. On a good program, those three are all 2nd stringers. Hopefully Wes picks it up but we did hear from insiders that he's struggled a bit.

Wait, wait, so we offered a WR immediately after he enters the Portal...and there is confirmation of that fact within 24 hours?

This seems to contradict the narrative that I've been fed that says Mario is taking a really long time to contact players in the Portal...

I wonder who I should believe, people that I trust who are close to the program...or random CIS experts who keep pounding the myth that Mario is wasting time by doing extensive background checks and waiting weeks to contact guys in the Portal...
offering and landing seem to be two different things...olr so ive heard from random posters on cis.

Advertisement
So Travis Jay and WVU RB Tony Mathis have both hit the portal. Both should be contacted imo.

offering and landing seem to be two different things...olr so ive heard from random posters on cis.

Very true.

But the Moper argument has been made FOR WEEKS that the "lack of landing" was a direct product of the "slowness of offering".

Which, of course, is not true.

Advertisement
Very true.

But the Moper argument has been made FOR WEEKS that the "lack of landing" was a direct product of the "slowness of offering".

Which, of course, is not true.
they been behind on some....

and their back channel game is terrible.

Its a fact at this point.

Some guys though they target an offer right away so its a bit weird.

They are hit or miss in the portal on evals an offering ...these 2 years have shown that to me.

Long as we plug holes i dont care...im at my witts end at wr though because we going on 2 years with that hole of a certain type of wr FOR ME.

Advertisement
I always thought we'd take an LB to be honest. Cisco is a starter for sure, but then it's Keontra/Flagg/Wes and mostly freshmen. On a good program, those three are all 2nd stringers. Hopefully Wes picks it up but we did hear from insiders that he's struggled a bit.
True. I was really hoping he’d(Wes) progress a lot this spring/summer.

Advertisement
Back