Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
If we want to follow the Clemson model, are we going to hit on 3 straight QBs like they did with Boyd, Watson, and Lawrence?
Dawson could do it. Not like he didnt coach QBs thats still starting in the league and a guy like Thune to be an effective college QB after being raw and pretty bad.

Dawson could do it. Not like he didnt coach QBs thats still starting in the league and a guy like Thune to be an effective college QB after being raw and pretty bad.
We have to hit there + defensive front 7 is required in Clemson model, so I hope so!

We have to hit there + defensive front 7 is required in Clemson model, so I hope so!
Thats what we trying to do this cycle, over recruit the DL with top talent, just like we didnt with the OL last cycle. Clemson figured it out. Enforce and reinforce the trenches to go against Bama and UGA.

Advertisement
1682960822019.png

Lmao
I know ya’ll are tired of me so I’ll refrain but I just don’t get it. All over Davis who is injury prone and got benched on a horrible defense but passing on this kid who is much more talented, younger, and productive, no words.

I guess I didn’t refrain afterall but I’ll hush now smh.

Advertisement

D2 WR transfer Jahdae Walker

Offers:
Mich St
Pitt
Miss St
TAMU
& more.

That being said, its a WR so
i don't know idk GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Wait, wait, so we offered a WR immediately after he enters the Portal...and there is confirmation of that fact within 24 hours?

This seems to contradict the narrative that I've been fed that says Mario is taking a really long time to contact players in the Portal...

I wonder who I should believe, people that I trust who are close to the program...or random CIS experts who keep pounding the myth that Mario is wasting time by doing extensive background checks and waiting weeks to contact guys in the Portal...

Advertisement
This is comedy atp…”Expect Miami to be aggressive in the Spring Transfer window”. That’s all we heard before the portal opened up lol.

Stop crying.

We HAVE been aggressive in the Portal. Outside of Colorado and Louisville, schools really haven't gotten verbal commits from more than 3 spring transfers. Yet.

Stop crying.

We HAVE been aggressive in the Portal. Outside of Colorado and Louisville, schools really haven't gotten verbal commits from more than 3 spring transfers. Yet.
What would be the reasoning for not pursuing this kid at a position of need? Could it be he’s asking for too much?

Advertisement
What would be the reasoning for not pursuing this kid at a position of need? Could it be he’s asking for too much?
Only thing I can rationalize is that they feel confident on Richard. Even then...the room needs a full infusion. I wish they'd bring in 2 starting-caliber guys. Davis kinda screws that up.

But who said we are not pursuing him? That's the thing, the recruiting of Portal guys is very different from HS recruiting. So a lot of people are forming conclusions that have nothing to do with how aggressive we have been.

Maybe the kid is not interested in Miami (could be the case with Xzavier).

Could be asking for and/or expecting too much money.

Could be demanding the promise of a starting position.

It's not as simple as Need + Availability = Pursuit

Miami coaches have been aggressive in CONTACTING guys who have entered the Portal. Whether that equates to an offer and acceptance is a 2-way street with both the player and UM.

Would be a really nice pickup as well and three left to play I believe. Good route runner, plucks the ball out of the air like he has stickum. Not a burner but he's good after the catch and fast enough.

Only started 4 of 8 games at BYU last year and missed the last 5 due to injury. Still posted 39/459/6. He was on pace for a great freshman season - extrapolated (just for kicks) 63/746/10~~ while not starting half the games he played in. Mid-season freshman all american before injury.

Advertisement
Back