Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Quincy Avery is a very respected QB coach who knows ball and is the personal QB coach for Deshaun Watson, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields and Geno Smith. To compare him to Malik rosier as a QB coach is wild, Quincy's opinion holds weight to a lot of people. He's also the QB trainer for Air Noland who ended up choosing Ohio State over us last second.

Mario holding Herbert back isn't something that Oregon fans just made up, after Herberts rookie season there were a lot of people saying it and wondering why a QB like Herbert was throwing screens 25% of the time as a senior. Regardless at the end of the day it's just an opinion. Mario just needs to show QBs can thrive playing for him and that narrative will go away.
Herbert is 6th all time in PAC 12 in passing TD's. He was drafted #6 overall. If Avery thinks that, then he is an ignorant guy.

Oregon had a great OL, good RB's, no real talent at WR.

Anyways, let's just hope the offense this year works, and TVD shines

Advertisement
Herbert is 6th all time in PAC 12 in passing TD's. He was drafted #6 overall. If Avery thinks that, then he is an ignorant guy.

Oregon had a great OL, good RB's, no real talent at WR.

Anyways, let's just hope the offense this year works, and TVD shines
Wish he would of been drafted 5th overall. Tua did look like the better prospect in college though, Herbert was very robotic. I wonder if that scared them off due to how Tannehill was with them.

Winter portal period was much longer and had a lot more entries.

I just posted some stats. Outside of Colorado and Louisville, nobody else in our class (Top 26 programs by Portal class rankings) have taken more than 3 guys this spring. YET.

I'm just pointing out, this myth about "everyone else is getting guys except us" is not true. There are numerous other schools (TEN of the Top 26) that have ALSO not taken a single spring commit yet either.
I don’t think everyone else is getting guys and we’re the only ones who aren’t. Lol. I think often we see some of the top guys go in with a destination set due to successful back channeling. We don’t have that for the spring portal and we have some big needs at WR and I think CB and DT as well. Doesn’t mean we haven’t tried or that we won’t land someone but no top WR jumped in the portal to come here specifically and I think it’s a tall order to land one until Dawson changes the narrative on the field.

Advertisement
Quincy Avery is a very respected QB coach who knows ball and is the personal QB coach for Deshaun Watson, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields and Geno Smith. To compare him to Malik rosier as a QB coach is wild, Quincy's opinion holds weight to a lot of people. He's also the QB trainer for Air Noland who ended up choosing Ohio State over us last second.

Mario holding Herbert back isn't something that Oregon fans just made up, after Herberts rookie season there were a lot of people saying it and wondering why a QB like Herbert was throwing screens 25% of the time as a senior. Regardless at the end of the day it's just an opinion. Mario just needs to show QBs can thrive playing for him and that narrative will go away.
If memory serves me, Quincy also worked with & mentored one of our former QBs.

Advertisement
They’ve been bragging about having a top 5 QB being drafted even though they sucked last year.

Another example of why it’s so easy to hate the gator. They certainly didn’t get production and performance out of Richardson which is commensurate with his draft number. He has massive athletic upside compared to Bennett and Bennett went and got arrested before the draft. Dumb gator. Dumb dumb gator.

Gentlemen we have our proof. With Malik we had a renaissance year reminding us of the glory days at QB, who now is working with Emory Williams our future at QB. And where are they working out at? Tropical Park, clearly a message that our future QB is working out at our future stadium site!! Clear as day!!
steampunk headset GIF by Ovation TV

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back