Spring Transfer Portal

Also with this Coleman kid the WR from MSU. Seems that’s not playing on basketball team may of played a role in that.

Advertisement
Charles Brantley was a kid most of the big time posters on this board wanted us to prioritize. I know i liked him coming out of Venice as a prospect, ill offer him out of the portal right away
He a man or zone type of CB, just wondering how he’d fit into Guidry scheme

If Coleman comes he’s our #1 if he can catch he’s going for 1000 yards here if the line holds up and play callings correct that would but young and George down a spot and we’d be legit with restrepo 3rd 4th option that’s a legit receiving core plus Robby and Ray Ray and brashard can’t forget him idk man I wouldn’t mind that and if utsa kid or Henderson come to I wouldn’t be mad tbh but Coleman would be #1 imo

Advertisement
why are you telling us? we didnt create the narrative. its what CFB thinks of Mario. hes gonna have to change it on the field
Its false and being repeated here when u man get mad. Then say stuff like its CFB. No 2021 he had no problem recruiting WRs. Its thought by u man. We are missing on every WR, even ones who suck and we told no. Cuz man have to vent to feel good. I deal with facts. Herbert situation didnt hurt him in 2021. Hiring Gattis did just like hiring Dawson will help and already has with Chance. Facts not feelings. Talk to me in Decemeber not when yall want us to take every average bum who enter the portal and mad when we dont.

This thread is becoming unreadable with these takes

If there’s one thing Mario does it’s recruit with effort

For gods sake it’s probably the only reason he even has a job

We’ve got some money to throw around but it doesn’t somehow fix everything

Fair. Very fair.

awkward big gulps GIF

Advertisement
That is NOT what "CFB thinks of Mario". It's a myth that some salty Oregon fans built up, which nobody believes (though some are willing to repeat it for recruiting purposes).

"Mario ruined Herbert" is the Steele Dossier of college football. Everyone knows it's bull****.
I wouldn't say that, one of the best QB coaches in Quincy Avery thinks it and there are some big NFL draft analyst who think it as well, it's not just Oregon fans.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wish a
I wouldn't say that, one of the best QB coaches in Quincy Avery thinks it and there are some big NFL draft analyst who think it as well, it's not just Oregon fans.

Oh shut the **** up, Tank Girl.

"One of the best QB coaches in Quincy Avery"? Get the ACTUAL **** out of here. Quincy Avery owns a training company. JUST LIKE MALIK ROSIER. So Quincy Avery's opinion means less than nothing to me.

Oh, and "there are some big NFL draft analyst who think it as well". Don't care. "Big NFL draft analysts" just like to hype people up. Like Will Levis.

**** all that nonsense, you dishonest troll. The guy said "all of CFB" not "some random QB trainer" or "some big NFL draft analyst".

But like clockwork, you showed up to vomit your terrible analysis.

Soooo...that means that 1,200 players are still available? Which is what I said?

Look, I'll make this simple, I am only going to analyze the Top 26 classes for 2023 Portal activity thus far.

1. Colorado - 32 commits - 12 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
2. USC - 14 commits - 3 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
3. LSU - 12 commits - 1 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
4. Auburn - 13 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
5. F$U - 9 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
6. Oklahoma - 13 commits - 1 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
7. Ole Miss - 17 commits - 3 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
8. UCLA - 13 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
9. Arkansas - 13 commits - 3 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
10. SMU - 18 commits - 2 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
11. Oregon - 10 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
12. Arizona State - 27 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
13. Indiana - 19 commits - 1 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
14. Oklahoma State - 13 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
15. Miami - 8 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
16. Wisconsin - 13 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
17. TCU - 11 commits - 3 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
18. Louisville - 18 commits - 7 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
19. Florida - 10 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
20. BYU - 14 commits - 1 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
21. Baylor - 12 commits - 2 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
22. Michigan - 7 commits - 1 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
23. Kentucky - 8 commits - 1 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
24. Maryland - 9 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
25. Cal - 12 commits - 2 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT
26. Nebraska - 12 commits - 0 SINCE JANUARY ENROLLMENT

That means, of the Top 26 schools ranked by Transfer Portal class, exactly 43 have chosen schools since January enrollment. And if you omit the statistical outliers of Colorado (12) and Louisville (7), that means the other 24 schools have taken exactly 24 Portal transfers.

So if you want to hang your hat on "1,100 have found new schools", the vast majority of that number already happened. Meaning, almost all of those guys selected new schools by January 2023.

Outside of a couple of freaks (Colorado/Louisville), nobody of merit has taken more than 3 SPRING Portal transfers.

YET.

But the sky is falling, don’t let facts get in the way of mopism.

Advertisement
Yeah these man drafted Richardson #4.
I agree, I mean how much did Mario really effect the offense? It's not like he calls plays or works with the QBs. People really just say that because there were a ton of questions about Herbert going into the NFL with stuff he struggled with in college and he ended up having the best rookie season ever for a QB.

"One of the best QB coaches in Quincy Avery"? Get the ACTUAL **** out of here. Quincy Avery owns a training company. JUST LIKE MALIK ROSIER. So Quincy Avery's opinion means less than nothing to me.

Oh, and "there are some big NFL draft analyst who think it as well". Don't care. "Big NFL draft analysts" just like to hype people up. Like Will Levis.

**** all that nonsense, you dishonest troll. The guy said "all of CFB" not "some random QB trainer" or "some big NFL draft analyst".

Mario is a good man cuz i would not have let that bum in our building. Sorry Geno, love you but that byych been talking shyyt for years selling is so called QB training school.

I keep asking these guys if Herbert hurt him so bad how he brought in 2 top 70 WRs(3 top 200) in 2021 and a top 40 QB, 2 years after Herbert left? Hiring Gattis was Cristobal mistake. He got rid of him and we move on. Our fans seem to cant do that even when the kids have. Nope gotta blame something. Oh and the following year after Herbert left, he brought in the #5 QB.

Quincy Avery is a very respected QB coach who knows ball and is the personal QB coach for Deshaun Watson, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields and Geno Smith. To compare him to Malik rosier as a QB coach is wild, Quincy's opinion holds weight to a lot of people. He's also the QB trainer for Air Noland who ended up choosing Ohio State over us last second.

Mario holding Herbert back isn't something that Oregon fans just made up, after Herberts rookie season there were a lot of people saying it and wondering why a QB like Herbert was throwing screens 25% of the time as a senior. Regardless at the end of the day it's just an opinion. Mario just needs to show QBs can thrive playing for him and that narrative will go away.

Advertisement
Back