Spring Transfer Portal

Some UF projected starting linebacker (Antuan Ryland-Powell) entered the portal. Not sure if he’s any good, but any mutual interest?

Advertisement
I’d take XH and be happy. He brings speed and put up decent stats last year while having an inaccurate / inconsistent qb. In this offense he could double those stats.

For context, he caught 38 balls last year for 410 yards.

Doubling that would be 76 for 820 yards.

In 2020, Mike Harley caught 57 passes for 799 yards and had a pretty **** good season as our leading receiver.

Aside from Rambo the next year, who went for 79 catches and 1172 yards, the last WR we had with stats similar to doubling Hendo’s gator stats would be Stacy Coley in 2016 who caught 63 balls for 764 yards.

So yeah, I’d take 2016 Stacy Coley on this team.

For context, he caught 38 balls last year for 410 yards.

Doubling that would be 76 for 820 yards.

In 2020, Mike Harley caught 57 passes for 799 yards and had a pretty **** good season as our leading receiver.

Aside from Rambo the next year, who went for 79 catches and 1172 yards, the last WR we had with stats similar to doubling Hendo’s gator stats would be Stacy Coley in 2016 who caught 63 balls for 764 yards.

So yeah, I’d take 2016 Stacy Coley on this team.
700-800 yards is doable in this offense for him. 50-60 catches

Advertisement
What's the expected time frame for a decision ? Gator cuck mods saying us, USF, and Louisville are the contenders. Lville are major bag droppers so for some reason I don't see this as an obvious layup unless he just wants to be home near family.
If we do want him, have to think he’s ours out of that group. I know Louisville can offer money, but one of the main reasons he hit the portal was because he wants a QB to throw him the ball. The Cardinals just lost Cunningham (who wasn’t that good of a passer anyways but still) and will have Cal transfer Jack Plummer at the helm of their passing attack. He was pretty pedestrian in 2022 with the Golden Bears, and while he did end up throwing for just over 3,000 yards in eight games with a 21:9 TD/INT ratio, he had a QBR below 50 and threw at least one interception in 6/8 games.

TVD is by far the best passer out of this group, unless a bigger program comes sniffing around.

Last edited:
Advertisement
700-800 yards is doable in this offense for him. 50-60 catches
Man. Think how amazing it would be if we had three dudes pulling these numbers.

Could happen.

Young, X, George, XH, Brashard, Horton, Ray Ray….really liking those seven going into season.

🙏

If we do want him, have to think he’s ours out of that group. I know Louisville can offer money, but one of the main reasons he hit the portal was because he wants a QB to throw him the ball. The Cardinals just lost Cunningham (who wasn’t that good of a passer anyways but still) and will have Cal transfer Jack Plummer at the helm of their passing attack. He was pretty pedestrian in 2022 with the Golden Bears, and while he did end up throwing for just over 3,000 yards in eight games with a 21:9 TD/INT ratio, he had a QBR below 50 and threw at least one interception in 6/8 games.

TVD is by far the best passer out of this group, unless a bigger program comes sniffing around.
Brohm will have that offense booming sooner than later. Louisville is going to be a problem for us IMHO.

Advertisement
Man. Think how amazing it would be if we had three dudes pulling these numbers.

Could happen.

Young, X, George, XH, Brashard, Horton, Ray Ray….really liking those seven going into season.

🙏
Really? X is solid but strictly a possession guy and Young has potential. Ray Ray maybe a star but it’s his first couple months on campus, the other guys are meh and have been meh and why we need a transfer.

It definitely seems to at least align in our favor but please God let's close this one out

Brohm will have that offense booming sooner than later. Louisville is going to be a problem for us IMHO.
Oh absolutely. Brohm knows what he’s doing…him + Papa Johns bags will be a certain thorn in many program’s sides, including ours.

I just don’t think it’ll happen under Plummer, even if he’s familiar with the system already.

Advertisement
Really? X is solid but strictly a possession guy and Young has potential. Ray Ray maybe a star but it’s his first couple months on campus, the other guys are meh and have been meh and why we need a transfer.
Oh I get it. Nobody is screaming star in the making but just Henderson makes this group, seven deep, a lot different.

I’ll take it

Oh I get it. Nobody is screaming star in the making but just Henderson makes this group, seven deep, a lot different.

I’ll take it
That he does, he adds a deep threat element in a room where no one has stepped up in that department. Maybe I misread your post, but yes, Henederson improves the room. I thought you said you liked the room as it was.

We need to add some speedI but as a group i think it’s being slept on. And I’m the guy that had a big hand In starting the “wr’s are suspect” narrative last year. If Horton, George and Smith just get a tad more consistent we’ll be fine. We just need somebody to put pressure on vertically.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back