Spring Transfer Portal

I don’t understand where that narrative is coming from lol. I’m not here to slurp, but he does have the #5 class atm. They’re doing just fine recruiting out of high school.

Are you two saying that someone is building a roster through the portal while they pick up their high school recruiting?

Advertisement
Henderson had 1 really big play, apparently on a bust, and another catch for about 28yds. Otherwise went 36-304 for 8.5 per. Qb a factor, apparently.

Watched the HS tape - as advertised, lots straight-line stuff. Saw very little cutting. Looks like a Stacey Coley, Ted Ginn  type. Not saying he's that caliber.

Advertisement
We need to add some speedI but as a group i think it’s being slept on. And I’m the guy that had a big hand In starting the “wr’s are suspect” narrative last year. If Horton, George and Smith just get a tad more consistent we’ll be fine. We just need somebody to put pressure on vertically.

"If Pope, Wiggins and Harley just get a tad more consistent we'll be fine. "

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Advertisement
I generally agree with you on this, but I'm not sure "massive" would be the word to describe our needs.

That's because we're deep into Kool Aid season right now. In most years, I'd be right there with you. But I've learned that when I see holes in the Spring that aren't filled by the fall, 9 times out of 10, they're holes in the fall, too. And I personally see the WR, NG, CB2, OLB and LT as massive holes.

Hendersons potential, TVDs proven deep ball accuracy, and the Oline apparently making alot of progress, this could be very interesting.

I think Henderson could be an impact dude. Richardson is/was a horrible QB.
Agree. I really want him. Will need a few hours of booze or therapy if he heads elsewhere.

No, not the way it is. I had XH in my top seven. He changes the room a lot. Not saying he's AA, but he's Colbie Young height with more speed and more experience. Like them both. With guys like X, B Smith and Ray Ray underneath them as safety valves, we have some options.

Here's XH's HS highlights if any wants to revisit. Makes some nasty plays on the ball at safety, too.

I'd take him all day long and twice on Sunday.

I’m not sure if it was the offense or the QB, but at least statistically he wasn’t a deep threat. Apart from the 78 yard catch against UGA which someone said was blown coverage, his long for the season was only 28.
They used him mostly on bubble screens and short stuff. He wasn’t used properly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What makes you think our WRs room is bad? Just curious? Cause I don’t know what QB could have done much with that OL. But please tell what makes our WR room bad because I don’t see it
We lack playmakers and true difference makers. We also lack experience. Off the top of my head, I don’t think anyone on our roster has ever had a season of over 400 yards receiving. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Colbie Young (and probably Ray Ray with that speed) is probably the only potential decent draftable prospect. The rest of the guys are undrafted free agent types.

Advertisement
Back