Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Season 3 Car GIF by The Simpsons

@Confidence1000
BIG PAUSE

Advertisement
For the DL you just need pieces. No one is gonna be out there for 50 snaps, teams are going around 60-70 so if u can get 3 guys to split one position thats ideal if there is no significant drop off. Give 20-25 high effort plays. And different skill sets may be needed against different offenses so snaps maybe be lopsided for specific games. We will have this sorted hopefully after this recruiting cycle. Also is Joshua Horton in yet?

Agree, but again, I have no idea what our numbers are 🤔

I've had this discussion with numerous guys who have solid insight.

We are close. If Tywone had jumped in the boat, we were likely to push someone out at DL. No need to embarrass anyone prematurely, but I'd imagine that if we were to take another DL, then we might "lose" another DL who has either graduated or will graduate later this summer.

I just hope people can "relax" on the 85 for a minute (and that's not a personal comment, it's a general statement). It's not a "hard-cap" for all 365 days of the year, we only have to be at 85 by mid-August. And we will be. Mario knows who has graduated and who hasn't. No need to make any kid look bad, if we don't take anyone else, we roll with who we have. If we do take anyone else, there might be some "mutual decisions".

Advertisement
I've had this discussion with numerous guys who have solid insight.

We are close. If Tywone had jumped in the boat, we were likely to push someone out at DL. No need to embarrass anyone prematurely, but I'd imagine that if we were to take another DL, then we might "lose" another DL who has either graduated or will graduate later this summer.

I just hope people can "relax" on the 85 for a minute (and that's not a personal comment, it's a general statement). It's not a "hard-cap" for all 365 days of the year, we only have to be at 85 by mid-August. And we will be. Mario knows who has graduated and who hasn't. No need to make any kid look bad, if we don't take anyone else, we roll with who we have. If we do take anyone else, there might be some "mutual decisions".
@TheOriginalCane is as close to a single source of truth for Canes scholarship numbers as this website (and maybe all of UM fandom) has. And that is saying something considering all the variables that have put accurately tracking that into flux.

@TheOriginalCane is as close to a single source of truth for Canes scholarship numbers as this website (and maybe all of UM fandom) has. And that is saying something considering all the variables that have put accurately tracking that into flux.

Appreciated.

I've just always had a problem with people talking about these kids like they are disposable. Let's just let them get their degrees and move along with dignity. They will be Miami grads for their whole lives.

We are close to 85, and there are a few guys who may move on, but MIGHT be asked to stay. So we just have to be careful until we know that we absolutely NEED a spot or two.

Advertisement
Appreciated.

I've just always had a problem with people talking about these kids like they are disposable. Let's just let them get their degrees and move along with dignity. They will be Miami grads for their whole lives.

We are close to 85, and there are a few guys who may move on, but MIGHT be asked to stay. So we just have to be careful until we know that we absolutely NEED a spot or two.
This is an underrated and likely underappreciated part of what I do like about Mario

I feel like situations like what you are describing he will handle with class and integrity and that means something

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back