Spring Transfer Portal

Many things can be true at once:

1) Doubts about the strength of last year's season for FSU;
2) FSU have done well in the portal;
3) FSU have an easy schedule next year;
4) They won't likely have the same injury luck;
5) They won't likely have the same in-game luck;
6) Travis won't surprise anyone, and there will be more detailed scheming around him;
7) We will be a heavy dog in Tallahassee;
8) FSU could be a better overall team than last year; but
9) Go 8-4.
I hate the semenholes as much as any Cane but stating positive facts about them doesn’t make someone a semenhole slurper. Sure, we have few that suck them off, but for the most part, we’re all fairly objective about their team.

Hopefully, we’ll have our **** together when they come up on our schedule and make a game of it.

Advertisement
I hate the semenholes as much as any Cane but stating positive facts about them doesn’t make someone a semenhole slurper. Sure, we have few that suck them off, but for the most part, we’re all fairly objective about their team.

Hopefully, we’ll have our **** together when they come up on our schedule and make a game of it.

I mostly agree with you... stating objective, positive facts about FSU (outside of Nole Tears, where it is always unacceptable) doesn't necessarily make someone a Nole slurper (though, at a point, frequently doing so does). On the flip side, demonstrating skepticism about the Nole's ability to improve on last year's record doesn't make someone a delusional Cane fan.

That said, we have more than just a few who suck them off. Worse yet, we have others who use any positive news out of Tallahassee as an opportunity to bash our program.

I see people pretending all that's happened in this thread over the last few days is "football talk". But if you go back a few pages you'll see plenty of unnecessary shots fired at the home team. Resulting in people overreacting. Then more shots fired. Then more overreacting. Until the inevitable cries of "we're just trying to talk football, let us be..." start getting thrown around.

And, yes, some people are just trying to talk football. But, also, others are using a rival's success as an opportunity to **** on the Canes. When the bombs start flying, if the terrorists are taking refuge in your apartment building you shouldn't act surprised when all your dishes are shattered and the TV comes crashing off the wall (or worse).

At the end of the day, this is "Canes Insight," not "Objective College Football Watcher Insight."

I mostly agree with you... stating objective, positive facts about FSU (outside of Nole Tears, where it is always unacceptable) doesn't necessarily make someone a Nole slurper (though, at a point, frequently doing so does). On the flip side, demonstrating skepticism about the Nole's ability to improve on last year's record doesn't make someone a delusional Cane fan.

That said, we have more than just a few who suck them off. Worse yet, we have others who use any positive news out of Tallahassee as an opportunity to bash our program.

I see people pretending all that's happened in this thread over the last few days is "football talk". But if you go back a few pages you'll see plenty of unnecessary shots fired at the home team. Resulting in people overreacting. Then more shots fired. Then more overreacting. Until the inevitable cries of "we're just trying to talk football, let us be..." start getting thrown around.

And, yes, some people are just trying to talk football. But, also, others are using a rival's success as an opportunity to **** on the Canes. When the bombs start flying, if the terrorists are taking refuge in your apartment building you shouldn't act surprised when all your dishes are shattered and the TV comes crashing off the wall (or worse).

At the end of the day, this is "Canes Insight," not "Objective College Football Watcher Insight."

******* nailed it.

Advertisement
Ding ding ding my guy! Norvell hasn't shown he can beat a ranked (not even great, just ranked) team yet.

Last year, in his first non-losing season, FSU still went 0-3 vs. ranked teams. That's right. Zero ranked wins. They lost to:

#22 Wake Forest in Tally
#14 NCST in Raleigh
#4 Clemson in Tally

People forget they were 4-3 (and two of those wins were vs. eventual 3-9 BC and Duquesne) before running the table against a string of talentless, injured or broken teams: GT (5-7), @UM (5-7), @SYR (7-6), Louisiana from the SunBelt (6-7), UF (5-7) before winning against Oklahoma (6-7) by three points in their bowl.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they went 3-3 vs. teams that ended the year with a .500 or better record (which also means they got seven of their nine wins against losing teams).

Yeah so sorry if I'm not ready to crown FSU and anoint them as a CFP team yet. Maybe beat ONE ranked team first.

**** FSU.
Bud Light Beer GIF by ADWEEK

Advertisement
Does this mean we still have a chance despite his commitment to LSU?

I just meant that we did not give up on him due to the Tulane nonsense.

Kid's from Louisiana. I can understand the appeal of wanting to play at LSU in that situation.

I'd love to get him, technically we can still recruit him until he enrolls, but I'm not optimistic.

Fair. How about we beat them in all aspects and the conversation is easy….

******* nailed it.
We have folks worrying about a game that is scheduled to be played on November 11th. Nobody has a clue what type of team Miami fields on September 1st let alone November 11th. Who knows what the future brings? We roll FSU in 2020. We get Diazed in a last second loss in Tallahassee in 2021. Then get rolled in 2022 at home. What if Travis gets hurt? What if FSU is devastated with injuries?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back