Spring Transfer Portal

Doubt it, they return alot of talent and same offense..
Film helps with play recognition and having a legit defense can change how your viewing there matchup they can be beat will it be harder yea but vice Versa we aren’t the same team as last year either.

Advertisement
People have been lying to themselves all offseason about what FSU will do. The ACC is weak, they could slide into a playoff spot.
and they could just as easily be a 6-6 team. I don't remember anyone singing their praises this time last year. One good year doesn't change a narrative. They had a ton of things go there way in games... we've seen first hand that injury and turnover luck doesn't always carry over.

and they could just as easily be a 6-6 team. I don't remember anyone singing their praises this time last year. One good year doesn't change a narrative. They had a ton of things go there way in games... we've seen first hand that injury and turnover luck doesn't always carry over.
I swear folks act like they didn’t stay relatively healthy last year now what if a couple of key pieces so happen to go down from the portal and them trash classes Mike put together have to play extensive minutes.

Yall man always tripping,every season is a new season. Not worried about FSU, if they have another good season cool, if they dont cool. Seen too many teams start the season with hype only to crash and burn or the other way and end up tearing it up like TCU. Games are played on the field. Yall think only FSU improved. Norvell is gonna have to play with expectations. They had none going into last season. Thats where we are now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can you tell me how many ranked teams they’ll play in 2023? If you’re feeling lazy you can just puke wherever Mario tells you.

Whoa! Answering a question with a question, that's some high level ****! I strike a nerve or something? Why the hostility? Did I miss you becoming a Mario-hating FSU fan or something when I wasn't looking?

My question was relevant to the statement you made. It's just a discussion, papi. No need to lash out at me or Mario just because Cornrow Mike can't beat ranked teams and that surprisingly bothers you out of nowhere. I'm not a slurper.

Anyway, I'm happy to answer your question even though you avoided mine:

We don't know how many ranked teams FSU will play because the AP and coaches haven't released anything yet. But I suspect the answer will be two:

LSU
Clemson

Though I did see PITT show up in one of the website "way to early" 2023 polls under "also receiving votes" so I guess they have a shot. I don't see Wake or UF having good seasons either. We play them after we play TAMU and right after our @UNC/CLEM/@NCST gauntlet with a UVA game sandwiched in there after Clemson so I doubt we will be ranked that late if at all.

They don't play UNC or ND this year unfortunately.

Last edited:
Whoa! Answering a question with a question, that's some high level ****! I strike a nerve or something? Why the hostility? Did I miss you becoming a Mario-hating FSU fan or something when I wasn't looking?

My question was relevant to the statement you made. It's just a discussion, papi. No need to lash out at me or Mario just because Cornrow Mike can't beat ranked teams and that surprisingly bothers you out of nowhere. I'm not a slurper.

Anyway, I'm happy to answer your question even though you avoided mine:

We don't know how many ranked teams FSU will play because the AP and coaches haven't released anything yet. But I suspect the answer will be two:

LSU
Clemson

Though I did see PITT show up in one of the website "way to early" 2023 polls under "also receiving votes" so I guess they have a shot. I don't see Wake or UF having good seasons either. We play them after we play TAMU and right after our @UNC/CLEM/@NCST gauntlet with a UVA game sandwiched in there after Clemson so I doubt we will be ranked that late if at all.

They don't play UNC or ND this year unfortunately.

Now will you answer my question? Because it's relevant to the discussion.
0 teams, you made me curious. **** FSU.

0 teams, you made me curious. **** FSU.

Ding ding ding my guy! Norvell hasn't shown he can beat a ranked (not even great, just ranked) team yet.

Last year, in his first non-losing season, FSU still went 0-3 vs. ranked teams. That's right. Zero ranked wins. They lost to:

#22 Wake Forest in Tally
#14 NCST in Raleigh
#4 Clemson in Tally

People forget they were 4-3 (and two of those wins were vs. eventual 3-9 BC and Duquesne) before running the table against a string of talentless, injured or broken teams: GT (5-7), @UM (5-7), @SYR (7-6), Louisiana from the SunBelt (6-7), UF (6-7) before winning against Oklahoma (6-7) by three points in their bowl.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they went 3-3 vs. teams that ended the year with a .500 or better record (which also means they got seven of their nine wins against losing teams).

Yeah so sorry if I'm not ready to crown FSU and anoint them as a CFP team yet. Maybe beat ONE ranked team first.

**** FSU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ding ding ding my guy! Norvell hasn't shown he can beat a good (not even great, just good) team yet.

Last year, in his first non-losing season, FSU still went 0-3 vs. ranked teams. That's right. Zero ranked wins. They lost to:

#22 Wake Forest in Tally
#14 NCST in Raleigh
#4 Clemson in Tally

People forget they were 4-3 (and two of those wins were vs. eventual 3-9 BC and Duquesne) before running the table against a string of talentless, injured or broken teams: GT (5-7), @UM (5-7), @SYR (7-6), Louisiana from the SunBelt (6-7), UF (5-7) before winning against Oklahoma (6-7) by three points in their bowl.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they went 3-3 vs. teams that ended the year with a .500 or better record (which also means they got seven of their nine wins against losing teams).

Yeah so sorry if I'm not ready to crown FSU and anoint them as a CFP team yet. Maybe beat ONE ranked team first.

**** FSU.

I thought FSU was overrated last year and they proved me wrong based on their record. But it was against G5 competition, something Norvell knows how to beat. Same may hold true this year, unfortunately. I think they're overrated, but they may have a decent (not great) record again. I never got the Travis love, btw. Great athlete. Not a great QB.

Ding ding ding my guy! Norvell hasn't shown he can beat a good (not even great, just good) team yet.

#22 Wake Forest in Tally
#14 NCST in Raleigh
#4 Clemson in Tally

People forget they were 4-3 (and two of those wins were vs. eventual 3-9 BC and Duquesne) before running the table against a string of talentless, injured or broken teams: GT (5-7), @UM (5-7), @SYR (7-6), Louisiana from the SunBelt (6-7), UF (5-7) before winning against Oklahoma (6-7) by three points in their bowl.

**** FSU.
This is all that needs to be said.

Advertisement
People have been lying to themselves all offseason about what FSU will do. The ACC is weak, they could slide into a playoff spot.
There's no denying (at least from me) what Norvell accomplished last year in YEAR 3 of his tenure after two miserable seasons.

Sometimes you just need to be patient.

FSU is good and will be good next year. **** them but that's the truth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Talking football ≠ Slurping fsu.. grow up lol its *** them forever but u can acknowledge that they have made good moves and can be good again.

TrumpyCane says define good

Were we good during COVID year? We had similar record but lost to the 3 decent teams we played Were we good in 2017 although we squeaked by many games?

FSU lost to every single decent team they played last year except LSU, a game that Norvell almost corched up. They went 0-3 against the 3 ranked teams they played, Wake ended up 7-5, NC State 8-5, and a below average off them Clemson. They also won 4 games by a combined 15 points, sound familiar?

So excuse us if we have doubts about FSU because they had one decent season out of the past 5. Also teams will have plenty of film on Travis this season

Their September will dictate their season. If LSU beats them soundly the wheels could come off especially with back to back road games at BC and Clemson

TrumpyCane says define good

Were we good during COVID year? We had similar record but lost to the 3 decent teams we played Were we good in 2017 although we squeaked by many games?

FSU lost to every single decent team they played last year except LSU, a game that Norvell almost corched up. They went 0-3 against the 3 ranked teams they played, Wake ended up 7-5, NC State 8-5, and a below average off them Clemson. They also won 4 games by a combined 15 points, sound familiar?

So excuse us if we have doubts about FSU because they had one decent season out of the past 5. Also teams will have plenty of film on Travis this season

Their September will dictate their season. If LSU beats them soundly the wheels could come off especially with back to back road games at BC and Clemson
E1k says shut up lol

Many things can be true at once:

1) Doubts about the strength of last year's season for FSU;
2) FSU have done well in the portal;
3) FSU have an easy schedule next year;
4) They won't likely have the same injury luck;
5) They won't likely have the same in-game luck;
6) Travis won't surprise anyone, and there will be more detailed scheming around him;
7) We will be a heavy dog in Tallahassee;
8) FSU could be a better overall team than last year; but
9) Go 8-4.

Advertisement
Back