Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
I'm ecstatic we got Harrell and Kirk. But let's be real -- Coleman and Franklin are next level. We obviously didn't need both. But Kirk is not in the same league as those other two players. Personally, the best combo for me would have been Harrell and Franklin (speed + fluidity).

I'm ecstatic we got Harrell and Kirk. But let's be real -- Coleman and Franklin are next level. We obviously didn't need both. But Kirk is not in the same league as those other two players. Personally, the best combo for me would have been Harrell and Franklin (speed + fluidity).
We don’t know what we have with Kirk. CC is so tough to translate to the next level. Remember Beau Sandland? He dominated the JUCO level and looked like a monster on tape and then got here to a mediocre Miami team and could not get open. It can go either way with Kirk for me. His tape looks great but it’s so hard to tell at that level if it will translate. He could end up a monster.

Jordan Travis can be bad n throw up 50/50 balls again cause he has a pretty good wr unit to throw too with adding This kid to that unit along with HW as a hs recruit.

I thought they had him committed at 1 point out of hs..i was hoping Lane stole him so we wouldnt have to play him but ...HOE WELL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate that he’s going there that kids a monster idk why he wants to go play for that goofy weirdo norvell and we couldn’t even get a visit which makes it even more annoying.
I know we’ve done ok in the portal, but Norvell has absolutely bodied Mario at our biggest positions of need.
WR: Coleman
CB: Cypress
TE: Bell
DT: Jackson (while directly hurting us) and Fiske
OT: Byers

Those are all massive impact guys on a team that beat us by 42 last year. Mario has to step his game up. Very disappointing.

I know we’ve done ok in the portal, but Norvell has absolutely bodied Mario at our biggest positions of need.

Those are all massive impact guys on a team that beat us by 42 last year. Mario has to step his game up. Very disappointing.
You had me until you used OL as part of your argument that Mario is getting bodied.

I’m taking our portal OL acquisitions over FSU. Also, you conveniently left LB out of your post. I would have argued that LB was a top portal need for us, and we did ok there.

Florida State is sacrificing other positions for wide receiver. They're carrying 13 in a year where they have to hit a roster of 85. On paper, five of them including Coleman are considered blue chip players. But then again, Miami on paper has five blue chip wide receivers as well.

They're also presently carrying 7 tight ends. That's also a high number.

Let's move to the defense. Do you know how many safeties that they have? Just four. Less than Miami, which itself is very thin here.

So you might say, they'll just move corners over to safety. Maybe, but they are thin there as well. They've have nine on the roster, including three true freshmen. So just 13 defensive backs in total. Five are true freshmen, and only four overall are considered blue chip players on paper.

Let's also look at linebackers. How many linebackers? They've got seven, and two of them are true freshmen. That can work, but only one year did Miami carry less than 8 linebackers in a season since 2005.

Last edited:
We have to smash them boys man
IMG_3549.jpeg

Advertisement
You had me until you used OL as part of your argument that Mario is getting bodied.

I’m taking our portal OL acquisitions over FSU. Also, you conveniently left LB out of your post. I would have argued that LB was a top portal need for us, and we did ok there.
Obviously, in the interior we did much better than them. I said tackle, which was a position we struggled at last year. Now, we are counting on a guard to make the move and freshmen. Regardless of highly touted they were, that is never ideal, and we absolutely could’ve used a starting caliber transfer tackle.

The Mauioga pickup at LB looks very solid. You got me there although I still wish we had been more aggressive at that spot.

If we want to be competitive in this game think it's going to be because of Dawson and TVD.
It needs to because we have a solid offense with a strong run game and a defense that can hold its own. That's the path to being competitive against FSPooh

Advertisement
FSU is gonna be a problem this year.

Good luck covering 6'7" 240lbs on one side, 6'4" 210lbs on the other with a flex TE that runs 6'5" out there most downs.
Agreed. At least we picked up brown brothers and Richards. Matchup won’t be terrible with those guys and our safeties.

Advertisement
Back