Spring starts tomorrow!!

ladycane

Recruit
Premium
I’m interested to see improvements from the entire OL and hoping that 2 or 3 of the WRs breakout, for the offense. On defense, it’s the LBs (of course) and the CBs that I’m excited to see and hear about. We have guys from those positions with a lot of experience. Will it translate to the field, with improved conditioning and coaching? We shall see. I can’t wait!! 🙌🏾

Side note: I hope Mario is okay and doesn’t burn himself out with recruiting, coaching, and now, the death of his mother. 🙏🏾

Advertisement
I made a post in another thread about the WRs. I’m not completely sold on them just yet. My hope is that Ladson has a break out year. Not necessarily like Rambo, although that would be amazing, but just a really good year, as his career has been filled with injuries.

Also interested in seeing what Coach Mirabal can do with this OL. There’s some talent there, but a ton if questions.

I’m still weary of the defense. Looking forward in seeing who improves after spring and who we bring in.

Can‘t deny the excitement though. Obviously games need to be played, but this staff as a whole? We have the coaches and QB to take over the Coastal and ACC. Also have to be realistic. We’re about 3-5 years away from having Mario’s players. It took Kirby about 7 years to get to where they are and (unfortunately) win a championship. Took Harbaugh just as long as well. We have to have some patience, but this is a great start so far.

ezgif-1-4a5d64ecd784.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Spring Practice ... clean slate ... new, experienced coaches, evaluating every player to determine if they have the skill set to be U of M football players, where they should be playing, potential spot in the rotation. Exciting. Very glad that Jake Garcia is cleared for full participation. Will be exciting to see the transfer portal guys and how productive they actually will be. Spring game will be fun ... and the 6 weeks after will be crazy with Transfer Portal anticipation. Hope Mario lands some legit difference makers that will help elevate the trench play on both sides of the ball. Critical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Spring Practice ... clean slate ... new, experienced coaches, evaluating every player to determine if they have the skill set to be U of M football players, where they should be playing, potential spot in the rotation. Exciting. Very glad that Jake Garcia is cleared for full participation. Will be exciting to see the transfer portal guys and how productive they actually will be. Spring game will be fun ... and the 6 weeks after will be crazy with Transfer Portal anticipation. Hope Mario lands some legit difference makers that will help elevate the trench play on both sides of the ball. Critical.
Garcia being cleared is key too. TVD should not be guaranteed a starter despite his great season. I want him competing for that spot again. Competition breeds excellence. Not saying he’ll come in complacent, as he doesn’t seem that type, but knowing someone is right behind you, working just as hard, waiting for you to slip up, helps the team overall. And this obviously goes for all positions.

I want to see a real culture change where every position has real leaders and we are not hearing things like guys not learning the playbook but playing call of duty all day…I also want no injuries man no please no injuries
This.. all I need out of this spring is a culture change and kids getting ready to super grind over the summer in the weight room. Be ready to absorb all the coaching they'll get in the fall. If you're not ready to work like a real Cane, find your way to the portal cause you wont see the field.

Advertisement
Back