Spring Spring PractiSe 9 : Closed scrimmage

For clarification on James Williams...

I said that I don't think he's a full-time deep Safety.
He's gotta be moved around. His size and skill set is too unique to leave deep.

His ability at deep Safety is not elite IMO...
But his ability to be a Swiss army knife IS ELITE.

I've seen Avantae "pop" at deep Safety. I've seen him come off the hash and "GO GET IT". I've seen range.
I still need to see that from Williams.

However, how many Safeties can slide into the box and engulf TE's in man coverage? (certainly nobody we have)

If we're gonna play a lot of Cover-3 then Tae needs to be the middle 3rd/center field Safety while James goes into the box.
That makes the most sense.
Then when we run 2-high coverages Tae goes to the field while James goes to the boundary. This takes some stress off of James by having him play in less space, he can rob the middle of the field versus 3x1 formations, he can blitz, he can drop into the box, etc etc etc.

And I believe this is what Steele is doing, I could be wrong.
You hit it out the park here coach. Use him at Boundary, on TE's and Blitz packages, from middle and edge.

Advertisement
**** they gonna cut me off! lol

Eddie Murphy Shut Up GIF by Bounce
Lol you good coach! I don't think its a issue for you only really media got to worry about it! they set some traps and they keep falling for them smh. it was awesome to meet you man and chop it up can't wait to check you guys out at dillard!

Lol you good coach! I don't think its a issue for you only really media got to worry about it! they set some traps and they keep falling for them smh. it was awesome to meet you man and chop it up can't wait to check you guys out at dillard!
Yessir!
Slide through on the week of the 25th.

Just curious, dont need to name names or anything but what kind of things got reported that probably shouldn't have? Or that maybe was a trap?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back