Spring Spring PractiSe 9 : Closed scrimmage

jpj-guy-laughing.gif

Advertisement
If Haitian food is what brings us Leblanc, count me in for an "NIL" deal to Manjay up in Little Haiti. Conch fritters and Jerk Chicken every Friday. I got him.

Let me get some of that Griyo with pikliz please

Who said they didn't know or care? Are people forgetting that LT didn't even take snaps until later in the year? Gotta imagine it was for a reason...

Let me rephrase that --- they may have known what the issue was -- but they weren't ever going to really solve it. Lets be honest, attention to detail and real discipline were not strong suits of that previous regime

Part of me thinks that Nesta left because he was going to be asked to play DT the real way. (using your hands to control your gap instead of hauling *** up field every play)

Joking. But not really.

Pretty alarming that a top-level DL doesn't know how to use pad level and his hands at this stage of his career. Shows me that he was allowed to get away with that finesse **** in high school. And he got away with it last year because...well... Manny. ("TFL's bro!") The DL coaching in South Florida is generally a joke, so this doesn't surprise me. I'm sure Mario and his staff will get it right.

you play the way you practice. That will never change

None of these things are ever by accident

Advertisement
this is alarming that our past staff couldn't/wouldn't notice this about LT. Leverage/pad level is one of the most basic principles of football and especially in the trenches

I mean, you dont need to be Emanuel Steward to figure out if a guy is carry his hands too low while boxing...
Manny didnt know if a football was blown up or stuffed. All he told the D line to do is to get up field. That was his defensive philosophy.

Last edited:
Lol. Like I said keep that same energy with other posters like Dmoney, Macho, and others. You haven’t proven anything other than you are passive aggressive and emotional.

And like I told you I’m the same with anybody. You can go through my post history and you’ll find that. I don’t sit here and shlt on players. Not saying you did, but there’s been at least a couple of posts starting to put the guy down. I’m not gonna point them out because I don’t wanna bring anybody else into this. Let’s watch what happens with him the rest of the season, and how if he doesn’t ball out, people start narratives.

In this very thread people are wishing Jade was back, but what was the narrative about him a couple of months ago? People posted how glad he was gone, now maybe not so much?

FIFY .... I swear yall act like "Strong Safety" isn't a position in football.

Kid is a SS... and not many coaches are going to ask a kid built like that to cover deep 3rd...
He won’t be any safety when he’s done at Miami. Time will tell..

Advertisement
I would say that was 90% of the fanbase. Of course many posters after the fact will come out and say they knew all along that Mannys D was overrated and was horrible but the majority werent saying that during the 2016-2018 run where that D pretty much saved the offense 75% of the time. Once Goldens players were all gone, Mannys D showed its true colors especially last season. And it completely bottomed out. I am glad we are past that now and are moving on HOWEVER it served its purpose for the few years it was actually effective. Until it wasnt. It happens. Gimmick offenses (Mike Leach/Rich Rodriguez/Kevin Sumlin) and defenses always have a shelf life. It is what it is.
Hey man, ***** got us all. Like you said and I agree, it is what it is. It’s a new day at Miami now and the fan base should be ecstatic.

Also, people keep talking about the IPF practices with Manny and are forgetting that there was a time when he didn't have a choice. Indoor practices ain't the reason why our LB recruiting was subpar and why our DLine has the size of MAC schools...it's other **** to complain about but that ain't it lol
The IPF is & has been a great addition to the program, our fans are just guided by emotions & past memories lol.

Literally every single program in the country has an IPF, including the vaunted Bama & UGA that this fanbase worships.
And yes, they practice indoors all the time & it doesn’t affect them negatively in any way.

Our teams have sucked because our coaching has sucked & they’ve under recruited below a contending level.

Advertisement
He won't be a linebacker either.... so I guess move him to Tight End. 🤷🏿‍♂️

It's amazing to me that guys like Jamaal Adam's, Derwin Lames, and Landon Collins are safeties but JWill0 isn't.
You got me. Those guys playing Safety clearly indicates Williams will be one. 🤷‍♂️

You got me. Those guys playing Safety clearly indicates Williams will be one. 🤷‍♂️
Those guys CANT cover deep and aren't even asked too. Those guys are big *** DBs JUST LIKE JWill... Those guys are strong SAFETIES...

What do Those guys have that Jwill doesn't, from an athletic standpoint to the point that they can play safety but this kid has to be a Backer? 🤔

The IPF is & has been a great addition to the program, our fans are just guided by emotions & past memories lol.

Literally every single program in the country has an IPF, including the vaunted Bama & UGA that this fanbase worships.
And yes, they practice indoors all the time & it doesn’t affect them negatively in any way.

Our teams have sucked because our coaching has sucked & they’ve under recruited below a contending level.
I swear, the depths people will go to find excuses for why we've sucked.

Every practice Randy Shannon and Al Golden ran was outside in the weather. Didn't see their teams dominating fourth quarters with an iron clad will undaunted by heat and/or dehydration.

Advertisement

Fūcking yes.

EL always gets to the core of the apple.

Part of me thinks that Nesta left because he was going to be asked to play DT the real way. (using your hands to control your gap instead of hauling *** up field every play)

Joking. But not really.

Pretty alarming that a top-level DL doesn't know how to use pad level and his hands at this stage of his career. Shows me that he was allowed to get away with that finesse **** in high school. And he got away with it last year because...well... Manny. ("TFL's bro!") The DL coaching in South Florida is generally a joke, so this doesn't surprise me. I'm sure Mario and his staff will get it right.
Facts

Those guys CANT cover deep and aren't even asked too. Those guys are big *** DBs JUST LIKE JWill... Those guys are strong SAFETIES...

What do Those guys have that Jwill doesn't, from an athletic standpoint to the point that they can play safety but this kid has to be a Backer? 🤔
@Hurracanes
It’s a “who’s a Safety Showdown.”

059BB53D-5B5E-4C09-80C1-1694E4FE8913.gif

435654A2-8175-40F0-9698-D09CE7EB17EF.gif

Advertisement
Back