Spring Spring PractiSe 8

Gotta hella funny story about Trina at the Beverly Center in L.A when she was hot, hot. My boy tried to get at her; ninja thought he was the prettiest dude alive (his words). Boy approaches her, spits his game…and her reply was, ah that’s cute baby, w/ ur pretty long hair; but I f w/ thugs w/ big dycks. I immediately chimed in & said “u were saying?” Lol. She just laughed & walked away. That was like 2001-2 some time around then.
The adidas would have pulled her 🤷

Advertisement
Gotta hella funny story about Trina at the Beverly Center in L.A when she was hot, hot. My boy tried to get at her; ninja thought he was the prettiest dude alive (his words). Boy approaches her, spits his game…and her reply was, ah that’s cute baby, w/ ur pretty long hair; but I f w/ thugs w/ big dycks. I immediately chimed in & said “u were saying?” Lol. She just laughed & walked away. That was like 2001-2 some time around then.
Looooll “with your pretty long hair”

Advertisement
Brother I agree with you wholeheartedly. We are probably definitely biased and there will be many people who say "Bama/OSU have had just as many failures and often times more than we have had. The difference is they stack more blue chips." I hear that and definitely think there is truth to that but it feels like our "blue chips" flash their freshman/sophomore years and then crash and burn spectacularly at a higher rate than others. And it can't be just the law of the universe it feels to be exacerbated by poor or lack of coaching.

I would be interested to see if someone actually crunch the numbers to see if all blue chippers didn't pan out equally or if there was a school like ours that was higher than normal.

Here’s a quick glimpse of the two teams that just played for the Nat’l title.

I only focused on the 2016 - 2021 seasons/classes since that coincides when the Richt/Diaz era began, but also when The Smart era began at UGA. Mind u, this experiment is only focused on 5/4 star ranked kids who were recruited & enrolled. Signed NLI but didn’t enroll is not taken into consideration, nor am I including transfers (either in or out). The results listed will be team success including how many of these blue chips, only, were drafted.

Since 2016, Bama has recruited 124 blue chip players (.9529 avg.), UGA w/ 107 (.9504 avg.), & Miami w/ 65 (.9287)

Worth noting, that even though we’re clearly not on Bama or UGA’s level in terms of blue chips as Bama is almost at a 2:1 ratio & UGA 1.5:1 ratio respectively, our blue chip ratio in the ACC is only below Clemson during this span. 👀👀

The results?
Bama: 78-7 (2 Nat’l Titles)
*25 have been drafted thus far, w/ 19 drafted in the first 3 rounds. (Note: the class of ‘19 will be in this upcoming draft, & the classes of ‘20, ‘21 r not eligible right now)

UGA: 66-15 (1 Nat’l Title)
*18 have been drafted thus far, w/ 7 drafted in the first 3 rounds (Note: the class of ‘19 will be in this upcoming draft, & the classes of ‘20, ‘21 r not eligible right now)

Miami: 47-28 (1 Coastal Division)
*6 have been drafted thus far w/ 0 drafted in the first 3 rounds (Note: the class of ‘19 will be in this upcoming draft, & the classes of ‘20, ‘21 r not eligible right now)

Thus far, not including the results of the ‘22, ‘23, & ‘24 drafts, Bama has had 20% of their blue chip chips drafted so far, UGA at 17%, and we’re at 9%.

Now, in fairness we’ve also had several blue chips leave the program after a yr: DJ Johnson, Lingard, Bruce, Mullins, Allison, and losing Richards to a career ending injury was tough; but by far & wide, we’ve had a severe lack of production from the blue chip guys. Being we’re the #2 team in the ACC regarding amount of blue chips recruited since 2016, our results are even more paltry.

Brother I agree with you wholeheartedly. We are probably definitely biased and there will be many people who say "Bama/OSU have had just as many failures and often times more than we have had. The difference is they stack more blue chips." I hear that and definitely think there is truth to that but it feels like our "blue chips" flash their freshman/sophomore years and then crash and burn spectacularly at a higher rate than others. And it can't be just the law of the universe it feels to be exacerbated by poor or lack of coaching.

I would be interested to see if someone actually crunch the numbers to see if all blue chippers didn't pan out equally or if there was a school like ours that was higher than normal.
I could easily be wrong but I think that the development issue improved a bit over the last twenty years. Others in the know could easily correct this, but IMO it had to be the worst under Randy Shannon. That celebrated 2008 class was generally better their freshman year than they were in 2010.

And that had a number of factors involved that Miami was chipping away at over the years after Shannon. Group of 5 level financing. No nutritionist. Stuff that Golden tried to fight for and that Richt got. My guess is that the background structure and the resources supporting players were significantly better under Diaz and Richt than they were under Shannon and Golden. However they have taken a quantum leap forward with Mario, going from a mid-level Power 5 level of structure to top tier resources.

Which is f*cking shocking btw. How can a guy who’s defense depends so heavily on it’s DL getting penetration not specialize in recruiting DL?
I know of another coach who won a national championship whose background was an offensive coordinator, yet for five recruiting cycles he was only able to sign two quarterbacks and six wide receivers. His offense eventually broke down, he didn’t have the personnel to run it. Even though these positions would have been his speciality and he had the cache of a national title.

Advertisement
Respect your boy for shooting his shot. Most dudes are intimidated and run from that situation.

It’s a matter of focus area on the field...

Gattis puts the emphasis on the middle of the field & the seams, which is why the TE’s & the Slot benefit the most.

Lash was more about attacking the perimeter horizontally to setup for deep shots & keep the defense off balance.
Which concept is better though?

All things considered, it seems like the vertical passing game would be the more explosive passing game due to the chunk plays

Advertisement
Here’s a quick glimpse of the two teams that just played for the Nat’l title.

I only focused on the 2016 - 2021 seasons/classes since that coincides when the Richt/Diaz era began, but also when The Smart era began at UGA. Mind u, this experiment is only focused on 5/4 star ranked kids who were recruited & enrolled. Signed NLI but didn’t enroll is not taken into consideration, nor am I including transfers (either in or out). The results listed will be team success including how many of these blue chips, only, were drafted.

Since 2016, Bama has recruited 124 blue chip players (.9529 avg.), UGA w/ 107 (.9504 avg.), & Miami w/ 65 (.9287)

Worth noting, that even though we’re clearly not on Bama or UGA’s level in terms of blue chips as Bama is almost at a 2:1 ratio & UGA 1.5:1 ratio respectively, our blue chip ratio in the ACC is only below Clemson during this span. 👀👀

The results?
Bama: 78-7 (2 Nat’l Titles)
*25 have been drafted thus far, w/ 19 drafted in the first 3 rounds. (Note: the class of ‘19 will be in this upcoming draft, & the classes of ‘20, ‘21 r not eligible right now)

UGA: 66-15 (1 Nat’l Title)
*18 have been drafted thus far, w/ 7 drafted in the first 3 rounds (Note: the class of ‘19 will be in this upcoming draft, & the classes of ‘20, ‘21 r not eligible right now)

Miami: 47-28 (1 Coastal Division)
*6 have been drafted thus far w/ 0 drafted in the first 3 rounds (Note: the class of ‘19 will be in this upcoming draft, & the classes of ‘20, ‘21 r not eligible right now)

Thus far, not including the results of the ‘22, ‘23, & ‘24 drafts, Bama has had 20% of their blue chip chips drafted so far, UGA at 17%, and we’re at 9%.

Now, in fairness we’ve also had several blue chips leave the program after a yr: DJ Johnson, Lingard, Bruce, Mullins, Allison, and losing Richards to a career ending injury was tough; but by far & wide, we’ve had a severe lack of production from the blue chip guys. Being we’re the #2 team in the ACC regarding amount of blue chips recruited since 2016, our results are even more paltry.
I could easily be wrong but I think that the development issue improved a bit over the last twenty years. Others in the know could easily correct this, but IMO it had to be the worst under Randy Shannon. That celebrated 2008 class was generally better their freshman year than they were in 2010.

And that had a number of factors involved that Miami was chipping away at over the years after Shannon. Group of 5 level financing. No nutritionist. Stuff that Golden tried to fight for and that Richt got. My guess is that the background structure and the resources supporting players were significantly better under Diaz and Richt than they were under Shannon and Golden. However they have taken a quantum leap forward with Mario, going from a mid-level Power 5 level of structure to top tier resources.
The sample size is small but this goes towards proving we've been terrible at developing guys. The fact that we've have had 0 in the first three rounds is a huge indictment.

To Gojira's point some of that defintely has to due with lack of resources for sure but I would argue that any halfway decent coach could still develop a guy into a round three prospect with what we have had.

This. I believe that’s why there is still a faction of fans that want to see Garcia over TVD (which is absurd btw), TVD needs to be able to get his foot out the mud and keep drives alive. Increase his flexibility and mobility.

Are there really? That's wild

Advertisement
Trick has Lupus man. Ppl need to kool out
Yea I know. And I agree, man. It's been really hard on him, but it looks to me like he's taken control of it, and taken better care of himself. He looks more like himself now. I've seen him on his cooking show and errythang. Trick is dat dude man. I had a co-worker a few years back that had lupus. Bad disease man.

Corey Moore played the widest wide 9 I've ever seen, dude looked like he was lining up over the slot WR like you do when you first start playing Madden. But I'll be darned if he didn't have so much speed that it put the OT in a tough position.
Pretty sure @Rellyrell boy got played by the widest nine if the story in this thread is true.

Last edited:
It's also that Cristobal isn't scared of them.

Golden called for the players to come back, so did Diaz - until those players started questioning the coaching and then suddenly they were banned.
That’s why he’s banned for life. I’d say the players got the last laugh.

Advertisement
Back