Spring Spring PractiSe 8

The funny thing is that most of the guys who watched the spring game and actually know anything about QB play said there was a clear cut winner... TVD

I agree with what you are saying, and I think that if we did a deeper dive of the guys who were honestly evaluating, they would tell you that TVD was ahead on running the offense as called, and keeping the offense on schedule, while Garcia was a bit better when things broke down and he had to improvise.

Having said that, I have no problems with anyone calling it "equal" or giving either QB a slight edge. But we had tons of posters who gave EXTREME assessments, where one QB or the other was the "leaps and bounds" leader and should be named the immediate starter. I'm just tired of guys posting hot-takes in a desperate fight to be "first" and "right" with a particular opinion.

I don't care. I just want to win. I'd rather have the coaches pick the starting QB they feel best about, rather than internet porsters doing so.

Advertisement
8-4 year 1 for a coach Is fine, I think our offense is going to have growing pains with the new scheme and our defense has holes all over the place, we don't have one Miami caliber DE right now unless Mitchell Agude shows out. Our LB core currently is the same as last year which was probably the Worst in the last 30 years. CB is still a question mark as well. Mario went 8-4 his first season at Oregon and that's with a better OL and an NFL All Pro caliber QB. We all knew this going in though, Mario is the slow rebuild toward stability and there will be growing pains.

Year 1 8-9 Wins
Year 2 9-10 Wins
Year 3 and beyond 10+ Wins with the occasional 9-3 season.

Sorry, but unless this was some April Fool's Day prank, this is one of the most pusillanimous posts I've ever seen.

What is our "new scheme" on offense? And why are you locking our roster into the 2021 roster? You refuse to consider the freshmen and the transfers, which undermines your entire argument.

If Mario was "building slow" he wouldn't be taking any Portal guys. He is NOT "building slow".

Gotta hella funny story about Trina at the Beverly Center in L.A when she was hot, hot. My boy tried to get at her; ninja thought he was the prettiest dude alive (his words). Boy approaches her, spits his game…and her reply was, ah that’s cute baby, w/ ur pretty long hair; but I f w/ thugs w/ big dycks. I immediately chimed in & said “u were saying?” Lol. She just laughed & walked away. That was like 2001-2 some time around then.
Youre my hero

Trina is my unicorn

I love how people like to focus on our negatives and "new schemes" and glaring holes as if we are playing in the SEC.

Almost Every single team on our schedule is going through new coaching changes, new schemes and glaring weaknesses on defense and /or growing pains with players all over. Or worse, they are breaking in new QBs which thankfully we are not doing.

I'm not sure what we're missing at DT. We have HH and LT, followed by Lichtenstein and Miller. All 4 with experience and Lichtenstein started several games for USC.

Haye on the come up would give us 5 quality DTs in rotation. Perhaps we need 1 more DT as we're not hearing any other DT names on the roster.

Roberts and Moultrie can move down inside in certain situations giving us some versatility.

So, I don't know if we need another DT from the Portal and I don’t know how you would convince anyone to come in and be #3-#6 unless they are young and/or have elite skills that can push for starter minutes.
The top 4 you listed only has one presumably stout 1T (and he's a career backup player) and three upfield players. Haye may offer that, which is why I mentioned I'd be excited about his leap. All the other guys you mentioned are either closer to 5Ts or upfield players. In my amateur opinion, I think we need another 1T player who can handle G/C double teams and hold the point of attack. I think Moten can eventually offer that, but I refuse to rely on true Frosh DTs (especially at a technique that requires a ton of strength).

Advertisement
It's not so much about who we lost on defense vs who we gained. Our Front 7 has MAJOR question marks. They have been getting pushed around by an average OL all spring and our DBs have been getting torched by an offense just learning their next playbook. Unless our OL somehow became a very very good unit in a few months our front 7 is week in the trenches. Mitchell Agude is really the only big addition other then recruits who likely won't be physically ready to play Year 1. Harvey and Chantz have been huge disappointments, are we all of sudden expecting them to turn it around??

OK, so apparently it is not an April Fool's Day joke.

Sorry, Mack, but you are one of the worst football analysts on the board. You speak in generalities and you use "last year" assessments way too much.

First, the OL is already much-improved. If you can't figure that out, and if you can't figure out why, you need to stop commenting. "Unless our OL somehow became a very very good unit in a few months"? What kind of bullcrap is that? Our OL was not nearly as bad in 2021 as you claim, though they were taught horrible run-blocking techniques. Health and better coaching and putting the right guys in the right spots goes a long way to improving the OL, and you can see their happiness with the new coaching in their post-practice interviews.

Second, the DL is not finished, certainly not enough for you to make a prediction of the record in the fall...in April. We will be getting more guys from the Portal, so why don't you wait until we know what the full roster is. Plus you just slag off guys who have had 2 years of bad coaching, and somehow find it impossible that they will improve ("are we all of sudden expecting them to turn it around?").

Linebacker? You keep shooting off your mouth as if nothing has happened here. Oh, sure, you say the name "Mitchell Agude", but you ignore Bissainthe. And given that we will play a bunch of 4-2-5, why can't you IMMEDIATELY admit that Agude-Bissainthe are already better than what we had last year?

Finally, you whine about our DBs getting "torched", yet you ignore the fact that our safeties are rock-solid, and that we've had some guys working back from injury at CB. In fact, the CB position is one where we are not done in the Portal either, so why don't you save your brilliant analysis until our CB room is full and healthy.

Sorry, man, but you do TERRIBLE analysis.

In 2019, if you trade Enos for Lashlee, we win Florida, UNC, Georgia Tech, and FIU EASY.

We lost to Duke by 10 and Vag Tech by 7, so even those games are in reach. N’Kosi or Jarren would have been much better. We saw what Lashlee’s offense would have looked like first drive against Florida and his inside zone would have been devastating with DJ as opposed to all the wasted outside zones with two freshman tackles.

We go 11-1 to 9-3 LAST YEAR with Mario. Corching has cost us multiple games a season for a while now.

It is that big a deal even with the roster issues. Thing is, everybody outside the top 5 has roster issues. We don’t have a huge advantage and 15-0 is just off-season hype. But there ain’t no talent argument that justifies us losing 5 or six games in a season.

The days of force feeding systems is over. There is too much parity outside the top 5 for that bullshyt. Coaching is more important than ever.

We recruit at a top 15 level but consistently have 30-50 results. Let Gattis have been oc here instead of Richt. People would have a much higher opinion of Rosier.

Now none of this means we won’t drop games to a mediocre opponent, most everybody does. But one division title in 18 years in THIS division with OUR recruiting level tells me the corching has been worse than the talent.

All that said, I’m glad we got Mario out on the trail chasing alpha dogs lol.

After reading this I am even more a believer in divine intervention. We were destined for Mario to come home and lead us into another dynastic run.

Seriously, I agree with all your points. Which is why I'm now happy we lost those games.

Reports from practice have been saying TVD is lighting it up. True Freshman CBs likely won't make a big impact. I read a practice report the other day saying RBs weren't getting touched until they were 5 yards past the LOS. UAB DT is more of a rotational DL. Mitchell Agude and Stevenson have a shot to make a big impact though

Please stop lying. That was a tweet about ONE running back on TWO consecutive plays. It wasn't a "practice report", as the media only gets to watch a short bit of practice. It was a couple of plays. Just stop with all your "reading" followed by your "write up of your opinion on what you just read".

I've heard from people who have actually been in the practices, and their thoughts mean infinitely more than YOUR analysis of Gaby tweets.

TrumpyCane doesnt know why we couldn't go 10-2 with those losses being to A&M and Clemson, and TrumpyCane thinks we will actually beat A&M. Not only do we out talent every single roster outside those two previously mentioned but we will have the better QB in every single game which goes a long way.

Not only that but top to bottom we have the best coaching staff on our entire schedule maybe outside A&M who TrumpyCane isn't too familiar with, TrumpyCane is sure @Liberty City El could tell us that.

Advertisement
Please stop lying. That was a tweet about ONE running back on TWO consecutive plays. It wasn't a "practice report", as the media only gets to watch a short bit of practice. It was a couple of plays. Just stop with all your "reading" followed by your "write up of your opinion on what you just read".

I've heard from people who have actually been in the practices, and their thoughts mean infinitely more than YOUR analysis of Gaby tweets.

He has been salty ever since Bammer lost the NC. I mean look at his profile pic, that tells you everything you want to know about this dude.

Advertisement
The top 4 you listed only has one presumably stout 1T (and he's a career backup player) and three upfield players. Haye may offer that, which is why I mentioned I'd be excited about his leap. All the other guys you mentioned are either closer to 5Ts or upfield players. In my amateur opinion, I think we need another 1T player who can handle G/C double teams and hold the point of attack. I think Moten can eventually offer that, but I refuse to rely on true Frosh DTs (especially at a technique that requires a ton of strength).

Really wish we went all out for Tarber instead of nitpicking him.

Christobal says Van Dyke can become the best in the country, per Miami Herald.
I think it’s too early to claim that, be he must see something.

Advertisement
Back