Spring Spring PractiSe 13 - 4.12.2022

I just don't get it. Nobody is acting like we're going to be a national champion this year. What I believe and I think most other fans believe is that a team that went 7-5 that was literally 2 plays (miss FG UVA, 4th & 14 FSU) from going 9-3 should be able to win 9-10 games when the coaching is better and most of our ACC opponents are worse than they were the year before.

We have an experienced QB who's arguably the best in the ACC and one of the best un the country.

That's why I believe this team should win 10 games. To think that this team can't/won't win 10 games is to believe they will actually be a worse/same team as last year. I don't see that. I believe the culture is changing. It doesn't take a bunch of transfers for that to happen.

People saying we don't have depth at several positions with plenty of holes to fill. So what. What teams on our schedule don't have depth problems and have a better roster? TamU and Clemson. That's it. Pitt, lost their QB Pickett. They have Slovis as a replacement but he’s not a 1st round draft pick. So, they got worse. They also had a bunch of seniors to replace. UNC lost Sam Howell and their offensive line sucks. They have a good young QB in Drake May, but he's inexperienced and unproven, so they got worse. VT with a new coach trying to sort out their program. No idea who their QB will be. They'll give great effort, but don't have the talent. The same goes for GT, Duke, and UVA who had some of their best trench players transfer. FSU is FSU.

So, who on our schedule outside of Clemson and TamU will be better than they were in 2021? Maybe FSU. So, they'll win 6 games and go to a bowl game.

We should not only beat every ACC team outside of Clemson, we should dominate them. Even with depth issues, we have a better roster and better coaches.

We may drop a game that we shouldn't be it because of turnovers, etc. However, we SHOULD win 10 games. That's my bar.
💯💯💯

Advertisement
I just don't get it. Nobody is acting like we're going to be a national champion this year. What I believe and I think most other fans believe is that a team that went 7-5 that was literally 2 plays (miss FG UVA, 4th & 14 FSU) from going 9-3 should be able to win 9-10 games when the coaching is better and most of our ACC opponents are worse than they were the year before.

We have an experienced QB who's arguably the best in the ACC and one of the best un the country.

That's why I believe this team should win 10 games. To think that this team can't/won't win 10 games is to believe they will actually be a worse/same team as last year. I don't see that. I believe the culture is changing. It doesn't take a bunch of transfers for that to happen.

People saying we don't have depth at several positions with plenty of holes to fill. So what. What teams on our schedule don't have depth problems and have a better roster? TamU and Clemson. That's it. Pitt, lost their QB Pickett. They have Slovis as a replacement but he’s not a 1st round draft pick. So, they got worse. They also had a bunch of seniors to replace. UNC lost Sam Howell and their offensive line sucks. They have a good young QB in Drake May, but he's inexperienced and unproven, so they got worse. VT with a new coach trying to sort out their program. No idea who their QB will be. They'll give great effort, but don't have the talent. The same goes for GT, Duke, and UVA who had some of their best trench players transfer. FSU is FSU.

So, who on our schedule outside of Clemson and TamU will be better than they were in 2021? Maybe FSU. So, they'll win 6 games and go to a bowl game.

We should not only beat every ACC team outside of Clemson, we should dominate them. Even with depth issues, we have a better roster and better coaches.

We may drop a game that we shouldn't be it because of turnovers, etc. However, we SHOULD win 10 games. That's my bar.
I would argue that there are a handful if not more of posters that believe the EXPECTATION is 10 wins and anything less is a disappointment and/or failure. I completely disagree and think it's borderline ridiculous. Should we win 10 games? I mean we definitely CAN and I would love to but I think that is our ceiling. Should we though? Currently, with the holes in our roster and being so thin in key areas I think our ceiling is 10-2 and the expectation is 8-4. It's more of a we can instead of a we "should." We would need some of that 2017 luck where seemingly all lucky bounces went our way to get there currently. But remember we don't have the 2017 defense to bail us out if our offense stalls.

As far as us being this close to 9-3 (Could be argued 10-2 if that UNC pass falls incomplete instead of being intercepted) last year we were also this close to 3-9. We won 3 games by a field goal or less.

Of course our coaching staff will be a huge upgrade but we need to stay healthy. It also takes time for the culture to be instilled, for the kids to believe, and weed out the cancerous problems.

Ask me again after fall camp though if/when we land at least 7 more transfers. I could be convinced we're a 9-3 team but I've been believing we should be an 8-4/9-3 team for the past decade so I'm worn out and want to see it to believe it. It almost feels too good to be true with what we currently have.

I would argue that there are a handful if not more of posters that believe the EXPECTATION is 10 wins and anything less is a disappointment and/or failure. I completely disagree and think it's borderline ridiculous. Should we win 10 games? I mean we definitely CAN and I would love to but I think that is our ceiling. Should we though? Currently, with the holes in our roster and being so thin in key areas I think our ceiling is 10-2 and the expectation is 8-4. It's more of a we can instead of a we "should." We would need some of that 2017 luck where seemingly all lucky bounces went our way to get there currently. But remember we don't have the 2017 defense to bail us out if our offense stalls.

As far as us being this close to 9-3 (Could be argued 10-2 if that UNC pass falls incomplete instead of being intercepted) last year we were also this close to 3-9. We won 3 games by a field goal or less.

Of course our coaching staff will be a huge upgrade but we need to stay healthy. It also takes time for the culture to be instilled, for the kids to believe, and weed out the cancerous problems.

Ask me again after fall camp though if/when we land at least 7 more transfers. I could be convinced we're a 9-3 team but I've been believing we should be an 8-4/9-3 team for the past decade so I'm worn out and want to see it to believe it. It almost feels too good to be true with what we currently have.
Fair enough. My basis is not only on what we are, it's based on our opponents. Most of them will be worse in 2022. The ACC just won't be very good this year outside of Clemson, NC State, UM, maybe Pitt, maybe UNC. FSU will be better, but not 9-10 win better. More like 6-6, 7-5 better. So, I just can't have a lowered expectation. If we're a better team this year and most of are opponents are worse than last year, we shouldn't be losing to those teams especially with this staff.

Advertisement
Fair enough. My basis is not only on what we are, it's based on our opponents. Most of them will be worse in 2022. The ACC just won't be very good this year outside of Clemson, NC State, UM, maybe Pitt, maybe UNC. FSU will be better, but not 9-10 win better. More like 6-6, 7-5 better. So, I just can't have a lowered expectation. If we're a better team this year and most of are opponents are worse than last year, we shouldn't be losing to those teams especially with this staff.
So you're saying the same as it's always been in the Coastal :LOL:

When you buy an electric car they take your ********s along with your down payment. They also fill the glovebox with tampons and the center console with soy products.

FOH.
This macho image of gas is just ignorant. That gas **** is played out and over with. It's done. You're cave man thinking that electric is some how something soft. It's not. It's power. It's technology. It's evolution. It's what I do. Just about any electric vehicle can run circles around any big block muscle car because it's instant power. I can put an electric engine in a 67 Chevy if I want to and they have kits for that.

Like a child, you're in love with sounds from the muffler and maybe you like the smell of the gas pollution that degrades our ozone. Well, they have electric cars that produce those sounds when you hit the throttle so you can have your pacifier. Just without the pollution and the hole in your wallet and our ozone.

You just don't understand technology. It's not for everyone. Your analog. I'm digital. Stick to your flip phone and pager and you'll be just fine.

Oh, when the next big hurricane hits that wipes out the electric grid, you'll be siphoning gas from your big block hooptie like a $2 ho just to power your generator for your fridge while my whole house is powered by my F-150 Lightning. Just saying.

Last edited:
When you buy an electric car they take your ********s along with your down payment. They also fill the glovebox with tampons and the center console with soy products.
😂😂😂 if dudes need to depend on material items for masculinity they’re stuck in the past lol but to each their own

As crazy as it sounds..Manny probably should have been 10-2.. That UNC game could have been a win for us as well too to go along with the UVA and FSU clusterphucks.

I see why fans see 9 wins in our grasp. ACC Coastal didnt get any better. I dont care what boogie men posters try to throw our way. The Coastal is just as bad as it was last year. That is why I truly believe the ACC is trying to combine the conferences because they know that now we have a real program and a real HC who will run through the Coastal at will on a yearly basis and they want to even the playing field.

That said, 9-10 wins is not out of the question. Not in the least. (provided a few projected transfer portal guys drop in the bucket)
I think the ACC would be just fine with Miami being a dominant. Miami is the only ACC squad who has a chance to be nationally relevant, aside from maybe FSU and maybe Clemson. That’s what they thought they were getting when they poached UM from the big east.

Advertisement
As crazy as it sounds..Manny probably should have been 10-2.. That UNC game could have been a win for us as well too to go along with the UVA and FSU clusterphucks.

I see why fans see 9 wins in our grasp. ACC Coastal didnt get any better. I dont care what boogie men posters try to throw our way. The Coastal is just as bad as it was last year. That is why I truly believe the ACC is trying to combine the conferences because they know that now we have a real program and a real HC who will run through the Coastal at will on a yearly basis and they want to even the playing field.

That said, 9-10 wins is not out of the question. Not in the least. (provided a few projected transfer portal guys drop in the bucket)
I'm not buying that they want to combine the conference just to keep us from getting to the championship game. If we're all in one division, we'd get there anyway as a #2 worst case. The original thought when Miami joined the ACC was that Miami and FSU would be playing in the ACC title game every year. Obviously, we didn't hold up our end.

I think they want to combine the conference like the Big 12 to have more of the best teams playing against each other which creates more revenue. Otherwise, there's a lot more games against weaker opponents because half the teams in each division aren't good. It also improves the resume of the conference champion that will be compared to the SEC which is adding Texas and Oklahoma.

Last edited:
I think the ACC would be just fine with Miami being a dominant. Miami is the only ACC squad who has a chance to be nationally relevant, aside from maybe FSU and maybe Clemson. That’s what they thought they were getting when they poached UM from the big east.
I think they wouldnt mind us in spurts. But us beating the **** out of the Coastal (esp with UNC and Duke on our side) every year...I dont trust those guys to not start getting jealous. But who knows. Lets start winning first. Lol.

Advertisement
I'm not buying that they want to combine the conference just to keep us from getting to the championship game. If were all in one division, we'd get there anyway as a #2 worst case. The original thought when Miami joined the ACC was that Miami and FSU would be playing in the ACC title game every year. Obviously, we didn't hold up our end.

I think the want to combine the conference like the Big 12 to have more of the best teams playing against each other which creates more revenue. Otherwise, there's a lot more games against weaker opponents because half the teams in each division are terrible.
Yeeeahh..thats what they told us. But I dont buy that either. I dont believe in coincidences. And its a mighty big coincidence that after 18 years of us in the ACC and basically being right in the pack of the Coastal the majority of the time..NOW, they want to talk combining conferences. There is no competition on our side of the bracket if we are hitting on all cylinders. NONE.

Clemson, FSU (when they are FSU and not whatever school they have turned into now) and Wake Forest at least provide some competitive nature in the Atlantic. The Coastal will basically turn into the Miami Invitational every year once we get this thing rolling this season or next season. Moot argument though at this point. I was just throwing that out there. I am putting the cart before the horse here. lol

This macho image of gas is just ignorant. That gas **** is played out and over with. It's done. You're cave man thinking that electric is some how something soft. It's not. It's power. It's technology. It's evolution. It's what I do. Just about any electric vehicle can run circles around any big block muscle car because it's instant power. I can put an electric engine in a 67 Chevy if I want to and they have kits for that.

Like a child, you're in love with sounds from the muffler and maybe you like the smell of the gas pollution that degrades our ozone. Well, they have electric cars that produce those sounds when you hit the throttle so you can have your pacifier. Just without the pollution and the hole in your wallet and our ozone.

You just don't understand technology. It's not for everyone. Your analog. I'm digital. Stick to your flip phone and pager and you'll be just fine.

Oh, when the next big hurricane hits that wipes out the electric grid, you'll be siphoning gas from your big block hooptie like a $2 ho just to power your generator for your fridge while my whole house is powered by my F-150 Lightning. Just saying.

Gas won’t be played out and is not played out. The USA does not have the infrastructure to go all electric for another 30-40 years no matter what politicians and the electric companies tell you

California is the leader of electric cars and how often do they experience blackouts? Obviously it’s not the fault of the electric cars but how wol

Advertisement
Number1CanesFan here me out. Many of us are for green but the time is not now. We are about to put $10 billion dollars in Russia's pocket, insure Iran a nuclear weapon to destroy us, and make all our adversaries much stronger as we grow much weaker. There are many people that cannot afford electric cars to boot. Let's put in runaway inflation which is going to put us in a very deep recession and we lost our global power as being energy independent. Add all of that and it's a recipe for disaster which we are well on our way. The country that should be green is China as the major polluter on our planet. Please go back and smoke some more bowls of marijuana because your brain does not work. Kudos to Coach Macho. We all understand technology but you don't understand logic, saving our Country, and common sense. Why don't you have a big party with the Big Man, AOC, and Kerry.

Remember when all those people got stuck in the snow in VA for 18 hours. I don't think I'd want to be in an electric car right about then.

Besides, without hearing a V8 under the hood, how do you know the car is running?

Gas won’t be played out and is not played out. The USA does not have the infrastructure to go all electric for another 30-40 years no matter what politicians and the electric companies tell you

California is the leader of electric cars and how often do they experience blackouts? Obviously it’s not the fault of the electric cars but how wol
Wrong!!! It doesn't take 40 years to build an electric charging infrastructure. See China. It's already here. Just not in full capacity. Maybe 5 years for a full infrastructure to go coast to coast.

What you fail to realize is that every car company is committed to building electric cars. They've invested billions of dollars and over a decade of research. Car companies research an plan 10 years out. They didn't just wake up last year and decided to build electric cars because they thought it was cool or just realized that pollution is killing our way of life.

Most of the car companies are phasing out their gas car production.

Oh, and electric is not limited to automobiles. There are electric planes that are already in production. Some models will hold up to 186 passengers for those mid range connecting flights.

The good news for those who want to continue with gas should see gas prices decrease in a few years.

Advertisement
Back