Spring Spring PractiSe 13 - 4.12.2022

Remember when all those people got stuck in the snow in VA for 18 hours. I don't think I'd want to be in an electric car right about then.

Besides, without hearing a V8 under the hood, how do you know the car is running?
Electric cars consume from 1 kWh to 3 kWh per hour for heating, depending on the outside temperature, technology (heat pump or not) and the size of the car.

Currently, most electric cars have batteries which have a capacity of 50 kWh to 100 kWh

So, at half capacity of a 50kWh battery, you have 8-25 hours of heat.

A gas engine burns about 1/5th of a gallon per hour. So, even at half of a 20 gallon tank, you'd get 50 hours of heat. This is because the heater blower uses the heat from the engine.

So, if you have an electric car and live in a cold climate, you should probably pack some warm gear just to be safe. However, I don't think this is a big issue because despite what people think, most drive less than 26 miles per day. So, they're likely less than 13 miles from home.

Advertisement
This macho image of gas is just ignorant. That gas **** is played out and over with. It's done. You're cave man thinking that electric is some how something soft. It's not. It's power. It's technology. It's evolution. It's what I do. Just about any electric vehicle can run circles around any big block muscle car because it's instant power. I can put an electric engine in a 67 Chevy if I want to and they have kits for that.

Like a child, you're in love with sounds from the muffler and maybe you like the smell of the gas pollution that degrades our ozone. Well, they have electric cars that produce those sounds when you hit the throttle so you can have your pacifier. Just without the pollution and the hole in your wallet and our ozone.

You just don't understand technology. It's not for everyone. Your analog. I'm digital. Stick to your flip phone and pager and you'll be just fine.

Oh, when the next big hurricane hits that wipes out the electric grid, you'll be siphoning gas from your big block hooptie like a $2 ho just to power your generator for your fridge while my whole house is powered by my F-150 Lightning. Just saying.
triggered GIF

Advertisement
Wrong!!! It doesn't take 40 years to build an electric charging infrastructure. See China. It's already here. Just not in full capacity. Maybe 5 years for a full infrastructure to go coast to coast.

What you fail to realize is that every car company is committed to building electric cars. They've invested billions of dollars and over a decade of research. Car companies research an plan 10 years out. They didn't just wake up last year and decided to build electric cars because they thought it was cool or just realized that pollution is killing our way of life.

Most of the car companies are phasing out their gas car production.

Oh, and electric is not limited to automobiles. There are electric planes that are already in production. Some models will hold up to 186 passengers for those mid range connecting flights.

The good news for those who want to continue with gas should see gas prices decrease in a few years.

No one is talking about charging stations which is what China will do in 5 years

TrumpyCane is discussing the electrical grid necessary to go full electric. Imagine thinking the USA is ready to go full electric in 5 years

I just don't get it. Nobody is acting like we're going to be a national champion this year. What I believe and I think most other fans believe is that a team that went 7-5 that was literally 2 plays (miss FG UVA, 4th & 14 FSU) from going 9-3 should be able to win 9-10 games when the coaching is better and most of our ACC opponents are worse than they were the year before.

We have an experienced QB who's arguably the best in the ACC and one of the best un the country.

That's why I believe this team should win 10 games. To think that this team can't/won't win 10 games is to believe they will actually be a worse/same team as last year. I don't see that. I believe the culture is changing. It doesn't take a bunch of transfers for that to happen.

People saying we don't have depth at several positions with plenty of holes to fill. So what. What teams on our schedule don't have depth problems and have a better roster? TamU and Clemson. That's it. Pitt, lost their QB Pickett. They have Slovis as a replacement but he’s not a 1st round draft pick. So, they got worse. They also had a bunch of seniors to replace. UNC lost Sam Howell and their offensive line sucks. They have a good young QB in Drake May, but he's inexperienced and unproven, so they got worse. VT with a new coach trying to sort out their program. No idea who their QB will be. They'll give great effort, but don't have the talent. The same goes for GT, Duke, and UVA who had some of their best trench players transfer. FSU is FSU.

So, who on our schedule outside of Clemson and TamU will be better than they were in 2021? Maybe FSU. So, they'll win 6 games and go to a bowl game.

We should not only beat every ACC team outside of Clemson, we should dominate them. Even with depth issues, we have a better roster and better coaches.

We may drop a game that we shouldn't be it because of turnovers, etc. However, we SHOULD win 10 games. That's my bar.
How many summer discussions do we need to have like this, only to be let down by end of September? I suppose even a broken clock is correct twice each day, but considering the hole Supet Mario needs to pull the program out of, a "prove it" view is probably the healthiest for emotional well-being.

Advertisement
No one is talking about charging stations which is what China will do in 5 years

TrumpyCane is discussing the electrical grid necessary to go full electric. Imagine thinking the USA is ready to go full electric in 5 years
The infrastructure of the current electric grid isn't going to solve the increase in electrical use from charging electric vehicles. It will be diversified. It will be an electrical internet. Power will come from wind and solar farms to fill needs in capacity. They exist now, but are a very low percentage of our overall electric use. That will change. As we become less reliant on fossil fuels, the rollout of alternative energy farms will meet the demand from electric cars. The demand isn't going to all come at once, but will be met. I don't think there's going to be an electricity production issue that causes a decrease in the use of electric vehicle's.

The infrastructure of the current electric grid isn't going to solve the increase in electrical use from charging electric vehicles. It will be diversified. It will be an electrical internet. Power will come from wind and solar farms to fill needs in capacity. They exist now, but are a very low percentage of our overall electric use. That will change. As we become less reliant on fossil fuels, the rollout of alternative energy farms will meet the demand from electric cars. The demand isn't going to all come at once, but will be met. I don't think there's going to be an electricity production issue that causes a decrease in the use of electric vehicle's.
one word (a la The Graduate) -------> Nuclear (George Bush voice)

Number1CanesFan here me out. Many of us are for green but the time is not now. We are about to put $10 billion dollars in Russia's pocket, insure Iran a nuclear weapon to destroy us, and make all our adversaries much stronger as we grow much weaker. There are many people that cannot afford electric cars to boot. Let's put in runaway inflation which is going to put us in a very deep recession and we lost our global power as being energy independent. Add all of that and it's a recipe for disaster which we are well on our way. The country that should be green is China as the major polluter on our planet. Please go back and smoke some more bowls of marijuana because your brain does not work. Kudos to Coach Macho. We all understand technology but you don't understand logic, saving our Country, and common sense. Why don't you have a big party with the Big Man, AOC, and Kerry.

It is about green, but not the environment, money.

The electric car takeover is a lot closer than people think.

The self driving cars work and they are continuously collecting data and refining them. By the time the 6g network is up and running, they will probably be fully ready to go, if not sooner.

I don’t see a robust electric infrastructure being built for consumers because we don’t have much longer to drive. When TAAS (Transportation As A Service) takes over, most people are going to voluntarily give up the expense of owning a car. Big parking lots are going to be a thing of the past.

Most of the population won’t be able to afford insurance and human driving will probably be outlawed on most public right of ways. Edit: Anti collision technology might save human driving.

It’s closer than people think unless some major industries find a way to slow it down. However there has been a big shift in world governments resisting renewable energy. Leads me to believe that big oil is positioning itself to make its revenue differently, without the expenses of exploration and production.

For the record, I hate Tesla. Hopefully the other brands catch up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Question:

Are you aware of the permitting environment for infrastructure projects?

It is about green, but not the environment, money.

The electric car takeover is a lot closer than people think.

The self driving cars work and they are continuously collecting data and refining them. By the time the 6g network is up and running, they will probably be fully ready to go, if not sooner.

I don’t see a robust electric infrastructure being built for consumers because we don’t have much longer to drive. When TAAS (Transportation As A Service) takes over, most people are going to voluntarily give up the expense of owning a car. Big parking lots are going to be a thing of the past.

Most of the population won’t be able to afford insurance and human driving will probably be outlawed on most public right of ways. Edit: Anti collision technology might save human driving.

It’s closer than people think unless some major industries find a way to slow it down. However there has been a big shift in world governments resisting renewable energy. Leads me to believe that big oil is positioning itself to make its revenue differently, without the expenses of exploration and production.

For the record, I hate Tesla. Hopefully the other brands catch up.
Question: Would you let your child cross the street in front of an on coming self-driving car.

I would not at this time.

Advertisement
This macho image of gas is just ignorant. That gas **** is played out and over with. It's done. You're cave man thinking that electric is some how something soft. It's not. It's power. It's technology. It's evolution. It's what I do. Just about any electric vehicle can run circles around any big block muscle car because it's instant power. I can put an electric engine in a 67 Chevy if I want to and they have kits for that.

Like a child, you're in love with sounds from the muffler and maybe you like the smell of the gas pollution that degrades our ozone. Well, they have electric cars that produce those sounds when you hit the throttle so you can have your pacifier. Just without the pollution and the hole in your wallet and our ozone.

You just don't understand technology. It's not for everyone. Your analog. I'm digital. Stick to your flip phone and pager and you'll be just fine.

Oh, when the next big hurricane hits that wipes out the electric grid, you'll be siphoning gas from your big block hooptie like a $2 ho just to power your generator for your fridge while my whole house is powered by my F-150 Lightning. Just saying.
@Coach Macho

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

Climate Change Goodbye GIF by EDF Officiel
trucks 4x4 GIF by Off The Jacks

2035B16A-C887-4C7C-8D80-BD0228528706.gif

Advertisement
Back