Spring Spring PractiSe 13 - 4.12.2022

Advertisement
My notes on player interviews:

- Wesley Bissainthe: talks like a leader. his frame looks great - he will be light this year but give him 1 more year and he will be a monster. only a matter of time before he becomes a great player.
- Steed: seems like an awesome dude! Nice job pops! mentions the energy and intensity changes the second Cristobal walks into the room. looks big and pretty jacked. called thad an elusive back with speed.
- Henry Parrish: small frame but looks solidly built. said ole miss was "really rough" and wanted to be back with his family. excited to see what role he will have in a crowded backfield.
- Thad Franklin: looks huge in a good way. described his running style as "more than a punisher" referring to the fact he can do more than just be physical. weighs 238 (god ****!), would like to be around 225-230 for the season. seems like a good guy who is getting more and more comfortable.
- Lichtenstein: excited to have his support system here. dude is old and I mean that in a good way (referenced D'Onofrio era when he was being recruited lol). DT here. Harvey has a motor like no other and he's standing out. TD has emerged as a pass rusher.
- Coach Steele: just feels like you go back in time when he talks ball, so refreshing. still got a ways to go. seen a lot of growth in Bissainthe, doesn't look like a freshman. Dunson has really stepped up - smart guy, ice water in veins, focused. Blades can play multiple positions. pleasantly surprised with the corner position. Frierson - fun, high energy, loves ball, ice water in veins.

They CAN be good, I’m not saying they’re not going to be, I’m saying I will believe it when I see it.

Someone can tell me there’s a Magical Machine in the sky that produces unlimited gold, and there may be one, but until I see it with my own eyes I’m not gonna just believe there is one.
Ah, I read the "I'll believe it when I see it" as pertaining to the "if the best players play." Amateur hour with Manny playing seniors is over.

I just realized Steele kind of looks like Marty Daniels from Blue Mountain State
D1753376-3EBD-44F0-9C95-58C9F6DE8B69.jpeg
BBC1C540-B8D8-44D3-9091-2729C4AF552C.jpeg

Advertisement
I think once Stevenson, Porter, Harris & Graves get in the mix at CB we’ll actually have a good depth group.

Harris has the speed & range, Graves has the upside & ball skills but he’s raw & Porter has the experience & was a starter at another P5 program which means his transition will be quick, plus he can play Boundary & Nickel, although I think he’ll primarily play Nickel once we start Fall camp. Al Jr has been playing Nickel mostly in the Spring because DP JR ain’t here yet.

I’m just waiting to see what happens before I invest all my money into the timeshare lol
Lmao a name missing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One serious thing I will say about Little before I continue to care as little as I usually do:

Earl Little Jr. was never going to be a Cane. His father wanted him to be where a ****load of DB prospects are selected with high draft picks and thats Alabama. Is there something wrong with wanting your child to succeed and not stay at a dysfunctional program? Idk, I am not a dad (yet).

Thanks for listening.

Advertisement
One serious thing I will say about Little before I continue to care as little as I usually do:

Earl Little Jr. was never going to be a Cane. His father wanted him to be where a ****load of DB prospects are selected with high draft picks and thats Alabama. Is there something wrong with wanting your child to succeed and not stay at a dysfunctional program? Idk, I am not a dad (yet).

Thanks for listening.
Well, it sure looks different now.

Thanks for listening.

i don't blame Little one bit for steering his kid to Alabama. His job as a father is vastly more important than his loyalty as a Cane alum. Same with Surtain (not an alum, for the idiots out there). Had they steered their kids to anything but the best place for their kids, then they would have been negligent as fathers.

Advertisement
Back