Spring PractiSe 12 - No Media Access and Interviews

Advertisement
its amazing how people turn this into like a political race. You can actually support both QB's here.

They're both good, but they are different as players
Just wait till the youngin becomes a valid discussion point as well. 11 gonna have a say in this convo. Heaven forbid what will happen when we got three or 4 legit options to start at any given point...

I think that is a fair expectation with the assumption that he's throwing the ball on average 35 times a game as he did last year. This is going to be a different offense from last year. I think he most certainly has the potential to do ALL OF THAT AND MORE. But I think it's important that we see what is asked out of him come game time in this particular offense as it will be very different in many ways from lashlee. More will be asked out of him. He's been looking great in spring. If that carries over than he'll be a first round pick. Just let him do it. Because it's not fair to him to throw everything on him in an offense y'all don't know what it will look like yet. He may very well have the same sort of year again but with far better completion percentage and he expands the throws he can consistently hit on. Will fans than say he didn't have a good year because statistically he didn't expand his stats by a certain measurable?
Many will, unfortunately.

According to some, Justin Herbert was misused and poorly coached at Oregon. Yet he was drafted 6th overall….

Advertisement
I think that's more a bi-product of most not being able to express with any form of intellect a logical assessment of the situation. Just seeing what he's shown this far he's most likely the odd man out simply due to depth if nothing else. He seems to lack explosiveness and vision. Not a good pairing at rb in a crowded room.
For the record I agree with you and LCE. he’s the odd man out more than likely but in spring I look at he’s working kids like him and see what they do when their back is against the wall. Just wanna see it

its amazing how people turn this into like a political race. You can actually support both QB's here.

They're both good, but they are different as players
Its in the programs interest to be in sync on the succession plan too. The mindset of pure competition drives some of the more hasty QB transfers when kids do get beat out.

Sometimes I just like to see grown men freak the fvck out... So I'm gonna tell y'all this. Cb#1. DJ Ivey. And its not close with rique hurt.
Dave Chappelle Help GIF

Advertisement
I think that is a fair expectation with the assumption that he's throwing the ball on average 35 times a game as he did last year. This is going to be a different offense from last year. I think he most certainly has the potential to do ALL OF THAT AND MORE. But I think it's important that we see what is asked out of him come game time in this particular offense as it will be very different in many ways from lashlee. More will be asked out of him. He's been looking great in spring. If that carries over than he'll be a first round pick. Just let him do it. Because it's not fair to him to throw everything on him in an offense y'all don't know what it will look like yet. He may very well have the same sort of year again but with far better completion percentage and he expands the throws he can consistently hit on. Will fans than say he didn't have a good year because statistically he didn't expand his stats by a certain measurable?
Great question at the end and I think you are right to be concerned that fans are seting themselves up for disappointment if the expectation is ‘senior year Joe Burrow’. Not because our boy doesn’t have the goods but for all the reasons you just noted. Lots of moving parts for the offense with a new OC.

Haha i knew you were playing it was funny but you’re right they’re reasons for it, how they were blocking up front is part of it. No doubt, I trust and respect you’re word and eye, more competition the better. I have a feeling with mirabel, rivers and Clark a year older, our run game is going to really take off this year. It will be fun too see how the rb room shakes out when everyone is healthy ( if everyone is healthy ). Add in citizen I actually think this rb room is top 5 in the country but I know I’ll get gutted for that probably lol
Hulk Hogan Agree GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unfortunately No....
Ah okay. I was wondering because you seem to know ALOT about the inner workings of historic UM programs. I think you even mentioned that you were in Mario's office chatting it up? Correct me if I'm wrong there, I didn't know if you are someone who has been connected on the inside for a long time or a player

Advertisement
Back