Spring PractiSe 12 - No Media Access and Interviews

Advertisement
The poor tackling technique I witnessed for 6 years during the Diaz regime. 3 players (richards, Malek, wilder) with identical career ending neck injuries seemed suspicious to me and something that could be tied to how tackling was being taught.
I don't remember Richards tackling too many guys.

Also does the 4-2 defense not work just because Manny was bad at teaching it?

From the clips I've seen, Diaz taught 12u drills to grown *** men with no progression. Maybe he did drills I haven't seen, but guys doing "The Manny" (face down, *** up, arms wide) isn't on an entire system of tackling, it was on the practitioner.

I don't remember Richards tackling too many guys.

Also does the 4-2 defense not work just because Manny was bad at teaching it?

From the clips I've seen, Diaz taught 12u drills to grown *** men with no progression. Maybe he did drills I haven't seen, but guys doing "The Manny" (face down, *** up, arms wide) isn't on an entire system of tackling, it was on the practitioner.
Lol I'm aware ahmonn wasn't tackling anyone, maybe I should've used Balom since he was out all 2021 with a neck injury, thankfully he's back 100% now. And I do think the 4-2-5 is fine, but Manny is an awful teacher. But it could definitely be on the practitioners as to all these instances of neck injuries vs being solely Diaz' responsibility. Thanks for your input.

What time is the Spring Game this Saturday friends? Thanks in advance and sorry for the derail.

Advertisement
The poor tackling technique I witnessed for 6 years during the Diaz regime. 3 players (richards, Malek, wilder) with identical career ending neck injuries seemed suspicious to me and something that could be tied to how tackling was being taught.
That technique of tackling is being taught all over the football world though. It doesn't involve the neck.

I'm not a fan, but I don't think that's the reason for the neck injuries.

Dude insinuated I was talking about you in a post. Clearly wasn't but I very friendly let him know I wasn't. He should have never mentioned your name. That's why we here now.
All good brother. We gotta get all this arguing between each other stuff out of our systems on here I guess. Today was our turn. Our future is too God **** bright now for everyone to get caught up with the rest. Well figure it all out hermano. Have a blessed day youngin.

That technique of tackling is being taught all over the football world though. It doesn't involve the neck.

Myself as much as I despise Mandy I wouldn't but that on him in particular. I'd personally put it on gus or feeley because our regimen has been so poo put that proper development of certain muscles required for the game and said positions especially has been flat out neglected.

Advertisement
Myself as much as I despise Mandy I wouldn't but that on him in particular. I'd personally put it on gus or feeley because our regimen has been so poo put that proper development of certain muscles required for the game and said positions especially has been flat out neglected.
How do you like what you have seen from Feld thus far?

One of the first thing Feld talked about was improving neck strength.

All good brother. We gotta get all this arguing between each other stuff out of our systems on here I guess. Today was our turn. Our future is too God **** bright now for everyone to get caught up with the rest. Well figure it all out hermano. Have a blessed day youngin.
I'm close friends with Kenny Calhoun (30+years). Hung out/around many of the old school Canes since OB sidelines days. Cane for Life!

Advertisement
Also, I've been teaching "rugby" tackling for 10y, what Miami did on the field is NOT rugby tackling. The majority of their tackles, and of course missed tackles, were head across.

When you watch their All-22, Kam Kinchens is one of the few players that actually used rugby tackling- tracking the near hip and keeping his head behind the tackle

this.

seattle seahawks and pete carroll were the first to bring it to the NFL.

last time i looked, they were a pretty good defense.

Advertisement
I don‘t know if it’s just me, but I watched the various position group drills from the most recent spring practice videos and compared them to the earlier spring practice videos, and I see a remarkable difference in energy, purpose, speed and pace of the canes players. The Canes coaches seem more focused on smaller details now, whereas the focus seemed more big picture and fundamentals At the beginning. I hadn’t noticed that kind of significant progress during spring practices under previous regimes in Coral Gables. Kudos to CMC and his coacheS! What they are teaching is making a noticeable difference

Tvd didn’t look like that in spring or fall Lol. He also didn’t look like that early on in his little pt. He had some moments against Virginia but nothing like what he became as the year went on. Nobody saw that coming.

King was easily the best option. Anyone that saw practice would tell you that. Maybe if we start Tvd early against Bama he takes some bumps but bounces back with the same season. But there’s the other side he gets overwhelmed and confidence is broken from the early schedule.

Imo the season worked out perfectly in the long run. The stars aligned. We lost enough to get manny fired , which got Mario before the huge buyout, but still had positivity going into the offseason with a returning stud qb. Tvd took his lumps and built confidence with no pressure in meaningless games.
All respect but I totally disagree. TVD looked bad when they had him handing off for IZ behind a weak o line. When he came in for King they tried to stay super conservative. When they finally got desperate and tried to come from way behind they started to see what he could do. Lashlee even mentioned he was too cautious. TVD almost brought them back from some impossible deficits before they started to call the game for his talent. The rest is history. That's why I've been so concerned on who the OC would be and the type of game they would call. IMO we have a generational talent at QB and I want them to do all possible to help him lead us. I'm an old man and honestly don't expect to see another QB as good as TVD at the U in my lifetime and don't want his talent wasted by shi##y play calling and offenseive design.

Here is my main concern for TVD: Gattis falling into the Richt/Enos trap.

They both tried to establish a bully/hard run game and just had to have been bewildered that the OL just couldnt do that... again... and again.... and again.... and fücking half back dive up the middle again.

We've said this before... Bama and Jawga present legitimate power run threats and they just happen to sling it around in "spread" 🙄.

I believe Gattis is cut from this same cloth 👆.

So what happens in G3 against TAMU and Miami becomes a one-dimensional attack? Are OL and WR units good enough? No. And the D appears to be neither as well.

TVD is, but can't do it alone but will catch most of the blame. o

If TVD wants to take a step up in production, it comes through the big men in front of him taking a giant leap forward in capability.
Oline play and play calling. If done right TVD carries, us if wrong we're f@cked.

Advertisement
Back