Spring Practice #2

I remember Mike Leach shooting tennis balls at his WRs. If you can catch a tennis ball at 60 mph, you can darn sure catch a football. Catching is a skill that can be improved, and should be.
Sounds like a job for Mark Duper. He would be a great off season "WR strength and conditioning coach" He really helped Hankerson in just one off season.

Advertisement
From Andrew Ivins

Miller

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL from the article...

His one blunder was just poor decision making on his part. Mark Pope was deep and he threw it up for grabs and first-team safety Robert Knowles should have easily come down with the interception. Instead, the ball bounced right off of his hands and landed right in Pope’s arms who brought it down and was ruled down around the five-yard line.
Knowles!!!

Advertisement
I’m sorta bummed out that the hardest working guys on the team are the transfers.

It’s great that KJ can help reshape that WR room. But how pathetic is it that these kids still didn’t know how to work hard?

I see a video of KJ and Tate staying after practice. How come I don’t see 30 other guys?

I remember when Moffitt was runnin summer workouts, and stayed around spring ball and essentially forced guys to stay and put in extra work. Those early 00s Canes worked harder than any group in Miami (and maybe CFB) history.

The after practice stuff wasn’t optional or vulantary. It was demanded and/or forced.

In the off season the offense hated the defense and vice versa. DBs were laying out WRs in 7v7 games when no coaches were around. There were locker room fights that were settled internally. There were initiations.

I’m sorry, but we aren’t even fvckin close to this ^. And I’m not convinced we ever will be again.

It starts at the top though. Need elite HC and an elite S&C coach. The heart of your team bleeds through those 2 coaches.

butbutbutbut...it's hard to catch passes when they aren't thrown accurately...derp.

I'm tired of the excuses for our receivers dropping passes. It hits your hands, catch it. You drop passes, you don't play. Put Harley and Wiggins in front of a jugs machine and fire 2000 passes at them until they can secure the ball with their hands.
Pope too!

I’m sorta bummed out that the hardest working guys on the team are the transfers.

It’s great that KJ can help reshape that WR room. But how pathetic is it that these kids still didn’t know how to work hard?

I see a video of KJ and Tate staying after practice. How come I don’t see 30 other guys?

I remember when Moffitt was runnin summer workouts, and stayed around spring ball and essentially forced guys to stay and put in extra work. Those early 00s Canes worked harder than any group in Miami (and maybe CFB) history.

The after practice stuff wasn’t optional or vulantary. It was demanded and/or forced.

In the off season the offense hated the defense and vice versa. DBs were laying out WRs in 7v7 games when no coaches were around. There were locker room fights that were settled internally. There were initiations.

I’m sorry, but we aren’t even fvckin close to this ^. And I’m not convinced we ever will be again.

It starts at the top though. Need elite HC and an elite S&C coach. The heart of your team bleeds through those 2 coaches.

Sadly, I believe it’s more of a generational thing than anything else. Most kids now wouldn’t make it as a part of the 00s Cane roster and I’m not just saying kids at the U but throughout D1. Same situation in our military. My cousin is a drill sergeant at Ft. Bragg and he is literally disgusted by the things they are no longer able to do anymore to get their people battle ready. He can’t even make them do push-ups as punishment. The country is just getting softer and softer with each generation but hey everyone gets a trophy or a headstone.

Advertisement
Back